• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Giminez is constantly being linked since last season
I thought there was some ITK in the summer that he was on a list but we had turned our back on him. Who knows. Being at the game might mean something. He's definitely moving on somewhere this Summer it seems.

Didn't Mido say Spurs should sign someone recently who could be the next Salah or something? Think it was someone in Germany but can't recall the name

A few that have been mentioned, but no idea if links are still going, or died off

Gibbs-white
Nico Williams
Jacob Greaves
Eze
Alessandro Buongiorno
Neto
Dan Rigged
Archie Gray
Giorgi Sudakov
Roony Bardgji

I thought there was some ITK in the summer that he was on a list but we had turned our back on him. Who knows. Being at the game might mean something. He's definitely moving on somewhere this Summer it seems.
I’m really speculating now but I think we have done all the ground works for the summer and it will be the players we have had the strongest links with

Giminez and Gallagher will be two (unless we get gazumped)
I think any defenders will come from Italy
I’m not sure who the 6 will be
I think we will try for Williams for the wing….

But it’s pure speculation of course

A few that have been mentioned, but no idea if links are still going, or died off

Gibbs-white
Nico Williams
Jacob Greaves
Eze
Alessandro Buongiorno
Neto
Dan Rigged
Archie Gray
Giorgi Sudakov
Roony Bardgji
Leeds mates of mine think Archie Gray would be an amazing DM in a good football side

He is gonna be £40m upwards
They value him crazily high
We won’t be paying that
Leeds lad through and through too, his dream is to play for them in the PL and CL (lol!) one day. So it's not gonna be easy to prise him away.

Leeds lad through and through too, his dream is to play for them in the PL and CL (lol!) one day. So it's not gonna be easy to prise him away.
Aaron Lennon was the same
He left because it was the right thing
Gray is from Durham but I do know his family heritage

Just watched the obligatory YouTube and came away with these views:

Pros:
- Knows where the goal is and is generally in the right place at the right time, which is highly valuable
- Good mix of left / right foot / headed goals
- Physical presence that can link play

Cons:
- Physicality might trip into lack of mobility. He’s huuuuuge!
- The state of some of the goalkeeping / defending…. It will be a big step up for him

Let’s be honest, I don’t think he’ll be worse than our current options, and likely an improvement. Would we take him and Son / Werner - another loan - as LWF options for 24/25 and look to remedy the summer after next?
Word is that we've already agreed a deal with feyonoord.

I’m really speculating now but I think we have done all the ground works for the summer and it will be the players we have had the strongest links with

Giminez and Gallagher will be two (unless we get gazumped)
I think any defenders will come from Italy
I’m not sure who the 6 will be
I think we will try for Williams for the wing….

But it’s pure speculation of course
I think we need competition at GK, left back competition, left sided CB cover, a press resistant, ball playing central midfielder and another option at striker.

Lloyd Kelly would be sensible on a free transfer as LCB cover.

I’d love Robinson from Fulham as left back competition but I think he might be too expensive, especially as not coming in as definite first choice. A fit Sessegnon would save us a fortune here but seems a long shot.

For the central midfield player I’d love to see us get Archie Gray.

For centre forward I’d love Gyokeres, I suggested he would be a good signing while he was still at Coventry and available for relative peanuts, since then he has got even better IMO. If he is too expensive (as I suspect he now is) then I tthink Tony or Solanke would also be good options to lead our line. I’d keep Richarlison and move Son out left.

Rodon, Spence or Royal, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso and Gill can all be sold to make room and generate some funds (probably £50m to £60m for that lot). I wonder if Skipp might also push for a move due to his lack of game time. I expect he’d bring in another £15m to £20m

Icing on the cake is probably another wide forward but I think there are more important positions for us to use our funds on and we’ll get by with Son, Kulu, Johnson and Solomon (and Richarlison can also play from the left) if we do have any spare funds then maybe a punt on a player like Roony Bardghji might be an option.

I think we need competition at GK, left back competition, left sided CB cover, a press resistant, ball playing central midfielder and another option at striker.

Lloyd Kelly would be sensible on a free transfer as LCB cover.

I’d love Robinson from Fulham as left back competition but I think he might be too expensive, especially as not coming in as definite first choice. A fit Sessegnon would save us a fortune here but seems a long shot.

For the central midfield player I’d love to see us get Archie Gray.

For centre forward I’d love Gyokeres, I suggested he would be a good signing while he was still at Coventry and available for relative peanuts, since then he has got even better IMO. If he is too expensive (as I suspect he now is) then I tthink Tony or Solanke would also be good options to lead our line. I’d keep Richarlison and move Son out left.

Rodon, Spence or Royal, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso and Gill can all be sold to make room and generate some funds (probably £50m to £60m for that lot). I wonder if Skipp might also push for a move due to his lack of game time. I expect he’d bring in another £15m to £20m

Icing on the cake is probably another wide forward but I think there are more important positions for us to use our funds on and we’ll get by with Son, Kulu, Johnson and Solomon (and Richarlison can also play from the left) if we do have any spare funds then maybe a punt on a player like Roony Bardghji might be an option.

Ivan toney?
If toney is reportedly £100m and the other lad is too expensive what kind of price is he!
And BTW I would not pay anything like £100m for toney.

Back