• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Not sure one (reportedly fairly minor) injury should change our thinking on Neto. If this injury was enough to go from wanting us to sign him to not wanting us to sign him we probably shouldn't have wanted him in the first place.

I know very little about these things, but if there's a reasonable concern there over his fitness long term we probably should look elsewhere. Lovely player though. Assuming the club will do their diligent evaluations before considering him an option.

He missed a whole season two years ago with a knee injury and he's had some others as well. I don't think he's worth it, but he's hot right now and we'll continue to be linked with him since most pundits, fans and journalists know very little about players outside the PL.

Not sure one (reportedly fairly minor) injury should change our thinking on Neto. If this injury was enough to go from wanting us to sign him to not wanting us to sign him we probably shouldn't have wanted him in the first place.

I know very little about these things, but if there's a reasonable concern there over his fitness long term we probably should look elsewhere. Lovely player though. Assuming the club will do their diligent evaluations before considering him an option.
I think it's because he's relatively in our spotlights right now that the issue isn't so much this injury but that he has a very chequered history of injuries and this is just another to add to that list.

I was reading that Eze and his family/group were given a corporate box at the game last weekend.
If we make a push for him, I don't know who else could afford to compete and also view him as enough of a priority to do so.

I was reading that Eze and his family/group were given a corporate box at the game last weekend.
If we make a push for him, I don't know who else could afford to compete and also view him as enough of a priority to do so.

One podcast mentioned that the box actually belongs to Base, his agency, and they also represent Ange and some of our players like Maddison, Son, Porro, Sarr.

Would love to see him in a Spurs shirt, great player imo.
I do like Eze but where did you think he plays for us? Many seem to assume the wings but he seems much more of an inside player to me so I would see him as the competition/addition to Maddison.

I do like Eze but where did you think he plays for us? Many seem to assume the wings but he seems much more of an inside player to me so I would see him as the competition/addition to Maddison.
He would, in theory play in the 2 behind the front 3 in a reverse triangle (if that makes sense)
Issue is, again… his injury record is crap for a £60m player
There are a lot of talented players around like him, Olise, Neto who could be great additions but are made of glass

He would, in theory play in the 2 behind the front 3 in a reverse triangle (if that makes sense)
Issue is, again… his injury record is crap for a £60m player
There are a lot of talented players around like him, Olise, Neto who could be great additions but are made of glass
If we are in Europe next season I would like us to go and give Devine a chance of being a squad player.

Both can and have played wide. So maybe switching.

Although i always wanted eriksen more central. I didn't think it really worked with dele.

He can and has played both wide and central for his club.

Don't really see the hype around Eze, he's a tidy player but doesn't do enough in the game. All fart and no poo ... can't control a game like madders or has a defence splitting pass ..

Don't really see the hype around Eze, he's a tidy player but doesn't do enough in the game. All fart and no poo ... can't control a game like madders or has a defence splitting pass ..
He may not control a game but he is very good at working his way into the box, he has very good close control and can be very direct, something we miss.

He has had to play with some bad players …

The lack of a consistent killer pass is a concern from me but he does make up for it with his dribbling I guess. He'd be a good addition to the squad, I don't think he's the answer for the wide areas though but a decent option if we are really thin I would argue.

The lack of a consistent killer pass is a concern from me but he does make up for it with his dribbling I guess. He'd be a good addition to the squad, I don't think he's the answer for the wide areas though but a decent option if we are really thin I would argue.
Crikey, we've got plenty of "decent option if thin" players. We need true class.
I've heard Palace fans say Olise>>>Eze but I haven't really checked and both seem injured all the time.

Crikey, we've got plenty of "decent option if thin" players. We need true class.
I've heard Palace fans say Olise>>>Eze but I haven't really checked and both seem injured all the time.
Olise is a genuine wide man so he would be the better fit. Reading my post back I think it was a little muddled. As a central player I'm fine with him, I don't think he's the wide man for us but could be an option if played in that role but again not the player I would want as primary option.

Back