• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

With it being mentioned that a lot of clubs now need to make money by June 30th to balance the books, do you think we will see a lot more deals being done earlier in the window this year? Maybe there will be a load of early business in June, then a bit of a lull in July, before it ramps up again towards the end of the window.

Would be nice to use our decent financial position to raid a couple of clubs for early deals.

With it being mentioned that a lot of clubs now need to make money by June 30th to balance the books, do you think we will see a lot more deals being done earlier in the window this year? Maybe there will be a load of early business in June, then a bit of a lull in July, before it ramps up again towards the end of the window.

Would be nice to use our decent financial position to raid a couple of clubs for early deals.
Could be. Wish to get deals done before international tournaments could contribute further to that.

Who is in trouble?

Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Forest and Leicester? Id definitely go big and early on Isak from them.

I still think with the Euros and Cupa America, most high profile transfer wont start till late July when players are released from international camps

Who is in trouble?

Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Forest and Leicester? Id definitely go big and early on Isak from them.

I still think with the Euros and Cupa America, most high profile transfer wont start till late July when players are released from international camps
Leeds too apparently. They owe 190m in transfer payments and need 73m in by July 1st, So I read. Sounds like this squad could get dismantled! Yesterday (and the end of season slump) was a disaster for them

Who is in trouble?

Forest should be fine as the johnson deal was done this season.

Leeds too apparently. They owe 190m in transfer payments and need 73m in by July 1st, So I read. Sounds like this squad could get dismantled! Yesterday (and the end of season slump) was a disaster for them
Isak from Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Gray from Leeds would actually solve our two biggest needs. Give them Rodon as a consolation

Can we go in for him, then pull out just before midnight on 30 june, on the basis that he's not actually any good, thereby leaving Chelsea even more screwed over?
Odd that people say that. He's mobile, good turn of pace, good footballing brain and is homegrown. You don't get to captain your club at his age without having something about you.

Haven't they sold a hotel and their training ground to themselves or something
Still waiting for the PL to clear the sale to be included in their revenue. It still has to be assessed for fair market value and that the price hasn't been elevated to get them around the rules.

Odd that people say that. He's mobile, good turn of pace, good footballing brain and is homegrown. You don't get to captain your club at his age without having something about you.

But also uses the ball terribly and has awful positioning. He's just a young Hojbjerg really.

Plus we already have Bentancur and Sarr in his position, who are incomparably better than him.

Still waiting for the PL to clear the sale to be included in their revenue. It still has to be assessed for fair market value and that the price hasn't been elevated to get them around the rules.
Yes but theyve sold the hotel to another company owned by the same mob that own Chelsea. Typical shonky shire from those cnuts.

Agreed. Not just anyone who made him captain and essentially a mainstay in that Chelsea team either.
But also uses the ball terribly and has awful positioning. He's just a young Hojbjerg really.

Plus we already have Bentancur and Sarr in his position, who are incomparably better than him.
Disagree. He's rather good on the ball. Definitely better on the ball than Hojbjerg for me, also definitely better than Sarr (who has other qualities) on the ball.

Quite versatile too. Good age. Has shown that he can get goals/end product. Great work rate.

What I do agree with is that we have Sarr and Bentancur. That 8 role isn't a big priority. So it probably comes down to how Ange sees both him and the other options in midfield and where they can play. If he sees all three only as options for the 8 role it probably doesn't make sense in the end. I don't think that's the case.

Who is in trouble?

Isak is a great player but he's a bit too injury prone for us to take the risk.

Back