• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Tottenham among Premier League suitors for Athletic Bilbao’s Nico Williams​

Spain international, who can play across the attack, has a £42.8 million buyout clause in his contract

Athletic Bilbao forward Nico Williams is set to be at the centre of Premier League approaches this summer, with Tottenham Hotspur keeping an eye on the Spain international’s situation.
Williams, 21, has been on the radar of the top-flight’s bigger spenders following his emergence at the Basque club over the past three seasons, with clubs weighing up deals to meet a £42.8million buyout clause in his contract.

Spurs are monitoring the winger as they assess whether additions are needed in that area of Ange Postecoglou’s squad when the window opens. Chelsea have also looked at him, although their priority is an out-and-out striker.

There is expected to be intense competition for Williams after his progress at Athletic continued this season. Last week he helped his club win the Copa del Rey, ending their 40-year wait for silverware. He played alongside his brother Iñaki, 29, and afterwards the pair were pictured in an emotional embrace as they celebrated.

After winning the cup, he told Diario AS: “I have many years left here, I am calm and happy. I can’t wait to get to Bilbao to celebrate.”

That is unlikely to prevent interest in his signature this summer. Williams has started mainly on the left but can play on either flank and after coming through the ranks at Athletic and their reserve team, he made his breakthrough in the 2021/22 season and has been a regular ever since.

The first of his 13 caps for Spain came last season and he is expected to be in the European Championship squad this summer under Luis de la Fuente. He signed a new contract in December, with his fresh terms lasting until 2027.

Athletic have moved to sign Álvaro Djaló from Braga, who plays in the left-sided attacking role that Williams has been occupying.

Tottenham among Premier League suitors for Athletic Bilbao’s Nico Williams​

Spain international, who can play across the attack, has a £42.8 million buyout clause in his contract

Athletic Bilbao forward Nico Williams is set to be at the centre of Premier League approaches this summer, with Tottenham Hotspur keeping an eye on the Spain international’s situation.
Williams, 21, has been on the radar of the top-flight’s bigger spenders following his emergence at the Basque club over the past three seasons, with clubs weighing up deals to meet a £42.8million buyout clause in his contract.

Spurs are monitoring the winger as they assess whether additions are needed in that area of Ange Postecoglou’s squad when the window opens. Chelsea have also looked at him, although their priority is an out-and-out striker.

There is expected to be intense competition for Williams after his progress at Athletic continued this season. Last week he helped his club win the Copa del Rey, ending their 40-year wait for silverware. He played alongside his brother Iñaki, 29, and afterwards the pair were pictured in an emotional embrace as they celebrated.

After winning the cup, he told Diario AS: “I have many years left here, I am calm and happy. I can’t wait to get to Bilbao to celebrate.”

That is unlikely to prevent interest in his signature this summer. Williams has started mainly on the left but can play on either flank and after coming through the ranks at Athletic and their reserve team, he made his breakthrough in the 2021/22 season and has been a regular ever since.

The first of his 13 caps for Spain came last season and he is expected to be in the European Championship squad this summer under Luis de la Fuente. He signed a new contract in December, with his fresh terms lasting until 2027.

Athletic have moved to sign Álvaro Djaló from Braga, who plays in the left-sided attacking role that Williams has been occupying.

Can give them gil and Solomon too

Can give them gil and Solomon too
Suits me. One tiny and unsubstantiated doubt is that Athletic Bilbao are that strange club who only sign Basque players and thus are verrrry Basque and his brother has played there for years so it might be quite a big change for him to come to Blighty's wet shores and mingle. No clue, just saying.
Maybe get Inaki too, so they can keep each other company.

I don't get the Solomon hate - he's played 5 games!!
Williams would be excellent though - the kind of signing we should be making to compete where we want to be.

I don't think it's hate. It's just that if we're bringing in Werner and 1 other forward, the numbers don't add up/there's no squad place for him.

Suits me. One tiny and unsubstantiated doubt is that Athletic Bilbao are that strange club who only sign Basque players and thus are verrrry Basque and his brother has played there for years so it might be quite a big change for him to come to Blighty's wet shores and mingle. No clue, just saying.
Maybe get Inaki too, so they can keep each other company.
I like Inaki
Potential for him to be like Isak IMO

Being linked with Hincapie again. Any chance we could get them to chuck Wirtz in too? Highly unlikely I know but would be an absolute statement signing.

Being linked with Hincapie again. Any chance we could get them to chuck Wirtz in too? Highly unlikely I know but would be an absolute statement signing.

Wirtz i'd love, shuffle the pack (as in they can play multiple positions). But hincappie, who would you start him over?

Wirtz i'd love, shuffle the pack (as in they can play multiple positions). But hincappie, who would you start him over?
If we're in Europe he'd be part of the rotation I guess. Not sure he would start. 🤷‍♂️

Back