• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Would love a 'fudge you, We mean business!' singing in the first couple of days of the window. Probably won't happen though and will drag on til the end.

Would also be good to get some outs sorted this window. With how we always struggle getting anyone out it would be nice to get a head start on the summer window with one or two out the door this window.

Sobering thought that Aston Villa can mount about five times the attacks against Chelsea that we could.
True
But we played what was apparently a super confident Chelsea side off the back of 7 wins and the best defence in the land.. now their the team that lost to Arsenal

You cling to very small crumbs of comfort mate....
No I’m just quoting what was said at the time
People were saying we should be scared of them and change our team accordingly. what actually happened was they were scared of us and didn’t commit any where near enough people forward and played out a limp draw both teams were happy with
Now their form is out the window and there struggling both ends of the pitch they are a very different side
And villa are a very good side by the way. They play with no fear and no pressure. Hell they would be second with their games in hand. Amazing what giving the manager a bit of time can do to a lesser side that then spent well

No I’m just quoting what was said at the time
People were saying we should be scared of them and change our team accordingly. what actually happened was they were scared of us and didn’t commit any where near enough people forward and played out a limp draw both teams were happy with
Now their form is out the window and there struggling both ends of the pitch they are a very different side
And villa are a very good side by the way. They play with no fear and no pressure. Hell they would be second with their games in hand. Amazing what giving the manager a bit of time can do to a lesser side that then spent well

I think you're picking and choosing the comments you want to remember. I said post that match (and I wasn't the only one) that Chelsea weren't all that and if we had gone for it I felt we could quite easily won that match.

You say Chelsea were scared of us and I agree they were worried about the counter from us but Jose was equally scared of them hence our limp defensive approach from the first minute.

I think you're picking and choosing the comments you want to remember. I said post that match (and I wasn't the only one) that Chelsea weren't all that and if we had gone for it I felt we could quite easily won that match.

You say Chelsea were scared of us and I agree they were worried about the counter from us but Jose was equally scared of them hence our limp defensive approach from the first minute.
Post match
Not before match
My comments are about the comments made before the game

Fair enough. I can't remember what was said before but I definitely wasn't scared of them. They just don't convince me.
I haven’t looked at individuals comments
I did highlight, and have consistently highlighted their lack of results against teams in the top 13 though

In terms of scarediness in that game I think Chelsea were 6 out of 10 scared and we were 9 out of 10 scared.... I barely remember us having the ball in their half... mind you we set our bar at about 8 out of 10 as standard on the scared of the opposition it seems, doubt too many big teams will be brick scared of Palace like we were.

In terms of scarediness in that game I think Chelsea were 6 out of 10 scared and we were 9 out of 10 scared.... I barely remember us having the ball in their half... mind you we set our bar at about 8 out of 10 as standard on the scared of the opposition it seems, doubt too many big teams will be brick scared of Palace like we were.
Really...
Honestly they were the form home side and Hugo made no saves of note
Having the ball in the opposition half means absolutely nothing other than having the ball. It’s quite pointless if you do nothing with it
I’d expect the home side with the chance to go above us to do more... or actually do something
We focussed on doing what we needed which was must not lose
I can’t argue that we should ages done more to win though as I’d prefer that. I said before abs have said consistently their not a great side

Really...
Honestly they were the form home side and Hugo made no saves of note
Having the ball in the opposition half means absolutely nothing other than having the ball. It’s quite pointless if you do nothing with it
I’d expect the home side with the chance to go above us to do more... or actually do something
We focussed on doing what we needed which was must not lose
I can’t argue that we should ages done more to win though as I’d prefer that. I said before abs have said consistently their not a great side
I thought we were top of the league when we played them? My mistake!

I agree that having the ball in the opposition half means nothing (after all I was a one of the biggest critics of AVB). However having pretty much no possession at all in the opponents half isn’t going to produce goals).

We went there and parked the bus. Usually a team parks the bus when they are scared of the opposition.

I thought we were top of the league when we played them? My mistake!

I agree that having the ball in the opposition half means nothing (after all I was a one of the biggest critics of AVB). However having pretty much no possession at all in the opponents half isn’t going to produce goals).

We went there and parked the bus. Usually a team parks the bus when they are scared of the opposition.
Or not scared and wanting the opposition to show their cards. The refused to do anything and commit anyone so we took the result that kept us top
That result is the one that’s showed up Chelsea’s team and set up

Or not scared and wanting the opposition to show their cards. The refused to do anything and commit anyone so we took the result that kept us top
That result is the one that’s showed up Chelsea’s team and set up
Our XG in that game was 0.19. Odds are that we’d score one goal in total if we played that way against Chelsea 5 times. Chelsea’s XG was 0.85. They would score 4 goals in total against us if playing that way 5 times. We had one possible positive result... 0-0. Chelsea had 0-0 as their fallback result and a 1-0 win as the likely positive result.
Honest direct question.... Do you think it was us or Chelsea who parked the bus in that game?

Our XG in that game was 0.19. Odds are that we’d score one goal in total if we played that way against Chelsea 5 times. Chelsea’s XG was 0.85. They would score 4 goals in total against us if playing that way 5 times. We had one possible positive result... 0-0. Chelsea had 0-0 as their fallback result and a 1-0 win as the likely positive result.
Honest direct question.... Do you think it was us or Chelsea who parked the bus in that game?

Well if you are depending on XG to prove a point its stretching things, XG is the most useless stat out there ( and they are a lot of them) rarely means anything in truth. imo But i know it has a lot of fans who swear by it.

Neither side
We didn’t even defend that deep that day
But what I can say is Chelsea sacrificed their attack to keep an eye on ours. Hence why they created nothing all game
Their best chance came from Rodons error at the so even that wasn’t of their own creation and that bumped up their xG I assume

Back