• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

You not what i can not understand about the stories about Dos Santos and his drinking and missing training, every manager except Redknapp has never had a problem with him. While he was at Ipswich with Roy Keane he said he never missed training and was always the first on the pitch an the last off it, Rikkajard said the same about him when he had him on loan.

Now i am not for one minute saying we should keep him because Redknapp obviously does not rate him, but he has talent and it is strange that his behaviour everywhere else has been fine.

We simply do not know this.

In fairness that's much easier to do when you have the money that United does. And of course the more successful a team is, the more likely the average player is going to be willing to play a smaller part in the team.

Personally, if I was a manager, I would ideally want two first-team players for every position (but they wouldn't have to be of the same quality, just a natural fit in their position and of a decent quality). I think in an ideal world you'd have one player who would be at their peak, and another who was either young and up-and-coming or older and past his peak (e.g. Young and Giggs or Sandro and Parker (could maybe count as either of those!))

I do think squad players are very important. The margins of success at our level are absolutely tiny, to the point that this season one goal could have made the difference between playing in the Champions League or playing in the UEFA Cup. Having players who can cover for injuries without having to change the team's shape, provide competition for other players in their position, offer something different if Plan A isn't working etc can play a big part in the season's outcome IMO.

As for Spurs, in some positions I think we have a good mixture. Central midfield is probably best - Modric and Hudd as ball-players, Parker and Sandro as ball-winners, and Livermore as a versatile local youngster.

What is also being willfully over looked is that Utd have had some horrific injuries the last few seasons and much of their squad rotation was enforced.

I don't think that anyone doubts his talent or how he could fit into a team that likes to play attacking football. The issue with GDS has always been his attitude to training, his over inflated opinion of his own abilities and his poor performances on the pitch.

So is it a bit early to comment on what Rodgers may or may not see in Dos Santos or not then?

I was under the impression Swansea were a team that played patient passing football. Not really sure how GDS fits into that.

Swansea play a 433 with their attacking forwards given a great deal of the ball and move in areas where they can really use it - not unlike Mexico where GDS is consistently excellent. I believe their style of football would suit him to a T and its a shrewd move on their part (if indeed there is anything to it)

Swansea play a 433 with their attacking forwards given a great deal of the ball and move in areas where they can really use it - not unlike Mexico where GDS is consistently excellent. I believe their style of football would suit him to a T and its a shrewd move on their part (if indeed there is anything to it)

I disagree. Mexico play a fast passing, high tempo attacking game. Swansea play a more patient probing game.

We do if we accept what both Keane and Rikkajard have said.

So GDS has only had three Managers his entire career? Interesting. And all three of them managed him at a club where he was based in the bright lights of London?

And even IF it is true, who gives a brick? Redknapp has demonstrated time and time again, if a player does it on the pitch he usually retains his place. GDS (not just under Redknapp) hasn't demonstrated that he is good enough.

So GDS has only had three Managers his entire career? Interesting. And all three of them managed him at a club where he was based in the bright lights of London?

And even IF it is true, who gives a brick? Redknapp has demonstrated time and time again, if a player does it on the pitch he usually retains his place. GDS (not just under Redknapp) hasn't demonstrated that he is good enough.

He has been at four clubs sine he came here, one manager wanted to buy him (Racing Santander ) but did not have the money, two ( Keane and Rikkajard ) said he has was no troubel and the forth (Redknapp said he has a drink problem and never turned up at training). So we do know.

He has been at four clubs sine he came here, one manager wanted to buy him (Racing Santander ) but did not have the money, two ( Keane and Rikkajard ) said he has was no troubel and the forth (Redknapp said he has a drink problem and never turned up at training). So we do know.

If GDS is so good, how come we haven't had the chance to offload him?

If GDS is so good, how come we haven't had the chance to offload him?

Maybe we are asking to much, maybe the slanderous rumours about him having a drink problem( which have only been mentioned by one manager) have not helped. As for him being good enough i do not know if he is or not, after all he has only played in 15 prem games in four seasons mostly as a sub for a few minutes.

Maybe we are asking to much, maybe the slanderous rumours about him having a drink problem( which have only been mentioned by one manager) have not helped. As for him being good enough i do not know if he is or not, after all he has only played in 15 prem games in four seasons mostly as a sub for a few minutes.

Dramatic!

Well we'll see if Redknapp has got this one wrong won't we? GDS will either move on and be a star and we'll look back and think we wasted him, or Redknapp will go and the new Manager will instantly uplift GDS to the first team and he'll be brilliant and we'll wonder why he didn't play more.

Dramatic!

Well we'll see if Redknapp has got this one wrong won't we? GDS will either move on and be a star and we'll look back and think we wasted him, or Redknapp will go and the new Manager will instantly uplift GDS to the first team and he'll be brilliant and we'll wonder why he didn't play more.

Why dramatic, Redknapp has said at a players and fans presentation night that Dos Santos would be a better player if he could pass a bar and turn up at training on time. I do not know if he will ever be a top player, as i have said already i have not seen enough of him ( most fans if they are honest will say the same)and it would be best for him to move as long as Redknapp stays here he will never get the chance to prove anyone wrong.

Why dramatic, Redknapp has said at a players and fans presentation night that Dos Santos would be a better player if he could pass a bar and turn up at training on time. I do not know if he will ever be a top player, as i have said already i have not seen enough of him ( most fans if they are honest will say the same)and it would be best for him to move as long as Redknapp stays here he will never get the chance to prove anyone wrong.

If Redknapp was lying, then why hasn't GDS sued him?

Who knows, but that is not the point, Four managers and three say he is no trouble the other one says he is.

Not really sure it proves anything though, does it? Stick someone in Ipswich and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out there is less chance they can get into mischief as in London.....

Not really sure it proves anything though, does it? Stick someone in Ipswich and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out there is less chance they can get into mischief as in London.....

Well i don't know about you but i can get up to mischief where ever i am. As for proving anything well i guess it depends on what you want to believe.

Well i don't know about you but i can get up to mischief where ever i am. As for proving anything well i guess it depends on what you want to believe.

“If he could pass a nightclub as well as he can pass a ball, he would be all right. His mum and dad came over to see me last year and he apologised *because they realised he wasn’t *dedicated. He’s got bags of ability and *fantastic skill. Suddenly he was late on Monday mornings ... upset *stomach. He’d probably been in *Barcelona partying somewhere. He has had a great World Cup. If he knuckles down this year, he could be a top player.”

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/2008/12...arns-a-very-valuable-lesson-from-ledley-king/

I feel its best if we could loan more players to Swansea for Rodgers to groom them. GDS, Kane etc.
Heck we could strike up a partneship so that they can become our training club with such similar football values.

Back