• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Snooker/Pool thread

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
There used to be one on here I'm sure?

Anyway, I've mentioned it before but snooker is my number one sport since I was 6. My HB is 101 but since I've started wearing glasses my games gone downhill a bit so I've turned to pool and I'm practicing with a few pros and good amateurs.

World Snooker final tonight Ronnie currently 16-12 up looking for his 5th world title.

Played a couple of times last year and I was terrible. Played again once this year and nothing has changed. My highest break is 17.

I'm good at ridiculous angle shots but can't get the straightforward ones in. It's odd.

I used to be fairly decent as a teenager, 60 odd breaks quite regularly, havent played for a while but do love snooker and pool

Ronnie is unreal, the guy has so much talent its untrue, used to love watching Alex Higgins an Jimmy White as a kid, Ronnie is only modern day player Ill watch

I cannot even fathom how you can be good enough at this sport to get a 101 break. To me it just seems impossible.. Even 60's.. I have no idea how you manage it.

O'Sullivan just seems like a robot to me, he is that good. It's why it has always been one of my favourite sports to watch, because they're so skilful.

I have a friend who loves football, but is so bad at it. Literally so bad as to try and kick a stationary ball, miss it, and fall on his arse. I never understood how he could love something so much that he was so comically brick at. Then I think about snooker and I realise what it must be like for him to watch footy.

There used to be one on here I'm sure?

Anyway, I've mentioned it before but snooker is my number one sport since I was 6. My HB is 101 but since I've started wearing glasses my games gone downhill a bit so I've turned to pool and I'm practicing with a few pros and good amateurs.

World Snooker final tonight Ronnie currently 16-12 up looking for his 5th world title.

My HB is 104 ;)

Played constantly from when I was 6 to 15, had coaching, played in tournaments (Judd Trump once beat me, the bastard) used to love it. Got to the point where my coach told me I had to 100% commit myself to it to step up and as a 15 year old lad I didn't want to, soon got fed up with it and have only played on and off since, big regret.

Recently decided to get back into it a bit, possibly enter some tournaments soon.

Ronnie did it again, the man is just so good, naturally gifted genius.

Snooker is almost nonexistent around these parts, but I've loved playing pool since I was a kid, always wanted (and still want) a pool/snooker table at home some day. I've actually been considering to buy a real cue now and start playing at a pool club close to me, maybe it's something I could be good at. Hopefully I can try to get a game of snooker going sometime also, but the closest table is at least an hour of driving away.
We actually have a pool table at work which I take at least one round on each day, so that's something, but the felt hasn't been changed for two years and the cues are cheap bricky ones. It doesn't help that other people here treat them like brick, and most of the cues now look like bananas.

Lets hope this thread gets used a bit. Nice one super spurs not easy is it? Mine was all 15 reds and the final pink but then missed the yellow for a reasonably easy total but I was buzzing so wasn't too fussed.

Lets hope this thread gets used a bit. Nice one super spurs not easy is it? Mine was all 15 reds and the final pink but then missed the yellow for a reasonably easy total but I was buzzing so wasn't too fussed.

No, bloody hard, that break came after a good 5-6 hours of trying, I think it was a pink off the spot to make the century and I didn't bother trying to get on the yellow afterwards as I wanted the tonne.

Me and the old man went out the other day to go play a few frames, all3 of the local clubs are shut now, not good.

when i was at Uni, i played all the time and i got a highest break of 36, its a devilishly hard sport to play at a high level, a word on ronnie, what a supreme talent to not play for a year competitively and then waltz back in and win the world championship, would that even be possible in any other sport ?

Love playing snooker, though unfortunately 2 of my local snooker halls have closed down over the past few years so have nowhere local to play. Never been very good, but when playing regularly the practice really did help, used to play twice a week for a few months here and there, by the end I hit a break of about 35, and even played some intentional positional shots!!! Really need to get back into it

We've got a team night out at a snooker club in a few weeks. Will be the the first time I've played in years. I'm worried I'll look like a taco bringing my own cue into work though

HB is 29 twice. Very frustrating, usually get 3 reds & 3 colours then run out of position and need a worldly to recover. I think judging pace and position to make the next pot easy is the hardest part. Usually play once and week and love/hate it in equal measure!

When playing Snooker or Pool does anyone else find it easier using your weakest hand when holding?

You talking about holding a cue or holding your knob ??

hqdefault.jpg

Played a couple of times last year and I was terrible. Played again once this year and nothing has changed. My highest break is 17.

I'm good at ridiculous angle shots but can't get the straightforward ones in. It's odd.

haha that actually made me LOL at work. I dread to think what my highest break is.

Im actually alright at Pool but much better after I have beers. Not consistent enough though.

Back