• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Rebuild

Lamela, Hart, Toby, Foyth, Sissoko, Cirkin, Vini, Bale, Gazza, Rose all gone

Only one player in the squad over 30 (Hugo), officially youngest squad in PL, back to signing up and coming talent, kept Son & Kane ..

Need to sell Aurier and deal with the conundrum that’s Ndombele.

But yeah, it’s looking good and we’re setting ourselves up with decent young talent.

Very pleased and a little surprised even that this rebuild is finally upon us. The long term is beginning to look good, with Romero, Skipp, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Gil, and Sarr. Possibly one more exciting youngster to come.

For this season, if we manage to sell Aurier and possibly NDombele, I would still (realistically) like one solid CB or one creative MF with PL experience. Both would be exceptional, but unlikely.

Very pleased and a little surprised even that this rebuild is finally upon us. The long term is beginning to look good, with Romero, Skipp, Tanganga, Sessegnon, Gil, and Sarr. Possibly one more exciting youngster to come.

For this season, if we manage to sell Aurier and possibly NDombele, I would still (realistically) like one solid CB or one creative MF with PL experience. Both would be exceptional, but unlikely.

Agreed, that its good that its happening at last. This was always going to be a bit of a transitional season as players leave and new ones settle in and it was always going to be tough for Paratici to design the transfer window well given there are so many dependencies and things they cant control

That said, I feel that without some other CF to take some of the burden this season, we'll be caught short.

Obviously we'd ideally like a RB, another CB and creative CM too, but given where we are, I'd take us just getting another forward in before Tues night

'Transitional season' always reminds me of Christian Ziege and Gus Poyet. We're buying youngsters again. Last season was our transitional season.

This is the chance for Levy to make up for the replacement of Poch with Mourinho. I can't say it was a disaster but it wasn't far off because I do think we as a club have tripped over ourselves a bit. Can't blame the pandemic because that affected everyone, but maybe it did hurt us more than others due to having a brand new stadium.
I had extremely low expectations for this window considering how long it took to get in a new manager, so while it did seem there was catching up to do, it seems the new management and front office have been working hard to make up for lost time. Now that Kane has decided to stay for at least the next few months, hopefully we can get one more key signing done and I will consider this a very successful window despite us bricking the bed from May to mid-July

Gotta blame Levy for the three no transfer windows that has left us with a deeply unbalanced and stale squad. Late transactions eg bringing in Nuno after months of sacking mourinho, and the very poor transfers before Paratici came in.
This is the chance for Levy to make up for the replacement of Poch with Mourinho. I can't say it was a disaster but it wasn't far off because I do think we as a club have tripped over ourselves a bit. Can't blame the pandemic because that affected everyone, but maybe it did hurt us more than others due to having a brand new stadium.
I had extremely low expectations for this window considering how long it took to get in a new manager, so while it did seem there was catching up to do, it seems the new management and front office have been working hard to make up for lost time. Now that Kane has decided to stay for at least the next few months, hopefully we can get one more key signing done and I will consider this a very successful window despite us bricking the bed from May to mid-July

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

So reposting something from a couple pages back now that Kane is staying and Sissoko gone. By my arithmetic, the non HG players are:

Lloris
Gollini
Aurier or replacement
Dier or replacement
Sanchez or replacement
Romero
Reguilon
PEH
GLC
Tubby
Bergwijn
Son
Moura

= 13 for the PL
+ Gil (he's u-21 but not an u-21 club player) + Davies + Rodon for Europe = 16
(ignoring CCV who will presumably leave before Tues)

So whilst we have freed up a lot of wages from Toby, Lamela, Rose, Sissoko etc, we can only sign one more non-HG player before starting to leave players out.

Assuming we're genuinely after Moriba, then thats the 17th for UEFA, but not a 14th for the PL given his age.

Partly explains why our transfer activity has gummed up a bit. We really need to shift Aurier or Ndombele (and ideally sign the odd HG player....)

Overlaying on my post above:

- we only have 5 forwards (Kane, Gil, Son, Moura, Stevie) at the moment so could do with a 6th, assuming we go 4-3-3 and with Kane's ankle
- we only have 5 CMs (PEH, Skipp, GLC, Dele, Winks) so could also do with a 6th, and ignoring Ndombele for now

...but only have 1 more non-HG spot. So if we want a 6th in both midfield and up front, we either need to get Ndombele match-fit and mentally ready or sell him or alternatively find a HG player for one of those positions

(I'm assuming that if we sell Aurier or another non HG defender, we'd replace them with another non HG defender)

Gotta blame Levy for the three no transfer windows that has left us with a deeply unbalanced and stale squad. Late transactions eg bringing in Nuno after months of sacking mourinho, and the very poor transfers before Paratici came in.

Or blame Poch for turning down every player he was offered during those windows.

So reposting something from a couple pages back now that Kane is staying and Sissoko gone. By my arithmetic, the non HG players are:

Lloris
Gollini
Aurier or replacement
Dier or replacement
Sanchez or replacement
Romero
Reguilon
PEH
GLC
Tubby
Bergwijn
Son
Moura

= 13 for the PL
+ Gil (he's u-21 but not an u-21 club player) + Davies + Rodon for Europe = 16
(ignoring CCV who will presumably leave before Tues)

So whilst we have freed up a lot of wages from Toby, Lamela, Rose, Sissoko etc, we can only sign one more non-HG player before starting to leave players out.

Assuming we're genuinely after Moriba, then thats the 17th for UEFA, but not a 14th for the PL given his age.

Partly explains why our transfer activity has gummed up a bit. We really need to shift Aurier or Ndombele (and ideally sign the odd HG player....)
Do Davies and Rodon count as HG?

Dier is the weakest link and an easy way to raise funds being English. He is next on my list to go. Romero is here so he is surplus. Or send him out on loan to learn what is his best position.

If it was easy to sell Dier he would have been gone already

- Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Davies have all been on the market from the beginning of the window.

Back