• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The price of stuff

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Honestly its mental

I'm sat in Starbucks in worthing waiting for someone. Thought I would pop in for a cup of tea.

£2.80

For a teabag, hot water and a bit of milk.

The sofas are to low down as well. Regretting sitting on them because Lord knows how I'm getting up. Fcuking country.

I love tea and don't drink coffee. Happy to pay £2-£3 for a nice loose leaf brew out, but anything over £1.50 for pouring hot water on a bag and making you make the rest yourself is taking the tinkle.

The bag is only a fudging penny or 2...

Used to get a pot of tea in india for 10p. Used to drink it during the day. In thailand at the moment a cup of tea is more expensive than beer. I'm going to be a full blown alcoholic.

My mobile phone package goes up by 7.9 % but inflation is 3.9 and set to come down hopefully. My vehicle insurance doubled, fuel remains high, energy going up, food prices up. But how much of this is justified, who's checking ?

There's a iron and vitamin mixture I use to take, especially in the winter months here up north. I found a receipt from 3 years ago. It was 189,- NOK. Bought a bottle yesterday and it was now 369,-!
fudging daylight robbery! That isn't just inflation and "everything has become more expensive". Everyone in the chain are bumping up their profits massively!

There's a iron and vitamin mixture I use to take, especially in the winter months here up north. I found a receipt from 3 years ago. It was 189,- NOK. Bought a bottle yesterday and it was now 369,-!
fudging daylight robbery! That isn't just inflation and "everything has become more expensive". Everyone in the chain are bumping up their profits massively!

That is my suspicion.

Another grim example: I work in transport and logistics now, and at the terminal, we need some new mobile loading ramps, as some of the loading gates don't have hydraulic ramps. So I got a local metal shop come have a look, and give me a quote for 2 new ones, with 4 tonnes capacity.

Anyone want to guess the price for 2 like that in the picture?
1000004602.jpg

Another grim example: I work in transport and logistics now, and at the terminal, we need some new mobile loading ramps, as some of the loading gates don't have hydraulic ramps. So I got a local metal shop come have a look, and give me a quote for 2 new ones, with 4 tonnes capacity.

View attachment 16792
Just the ramps, no hydraulics ?

How many gallons do you get for that?

View attachment 16792
4 to 5 grand?

All the companies that used the high inflation as an excuse to profiteer off the general public, not a chance they have reduced prices down in line with inflation getting to 4% from over 10%

It's a rip off world we live in and that is never changing

4 to 5 grand?
110 000 NOK +VAT!
That's more than £8000! I was speechless when I got the quote. Everyone has gone completely mad! Before, if you had 10% profit, that was OK. Now no one is touching it for less than 50% profit. It's utterly insane!

110 000 NOK +VAT!
That's more than £8000! I was speechless when I got the quote. Everyone has gone completely mad! Before, if you had 10% profit, that was OK. Now no one is touching it for less than 50% profit. It's utterly insane!
I'm not surprised. It's the kind of figure I reckoned on. Either it's profiteering and exploitation or these companies have done their maths and its what they need to charge. The second option is the most scary !!

Problem is if people don't have enough money they'll pick and choose what they spend it on. Can see this bankrupting some companies.

Shop around for cheaper insurance and mobile deals.

Ee doubled my monthly bill so i went with talk mobile (i think they're called). Who were less than my original bill. For the same deal. No problems.

110 000 NOK +VAT!
Was gonna say each but thought, no chance. It's rampant profiteering, all companies are taking advantage and artificially jacking prices up too. Good example was during Corona there was all of a sudden a container shortage what happens, price of containers sky rockets and the price is passed on to us idiots

Back