• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

What is going to happen to the whole olympic park once the olympics have finished?

Obviously forget the Olympic stadium im talking about the Arenas and the actual complex itself?

A bit of a shame. Surely they should keep it and allow others to use the Aquatic Centre, Veledrome etc.

Im sure its to do with the cash but still would have been nice

Most of the stadiums are staying, its the athletes village being made into accomodation

The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will enable and inspire future generations of high performance and recreational athletes. Sport will be a key element of the Park’s atmosphere and personality, its open spaces and waterways designed to create a dynamic public playground, encouraging a culture of sport and active outdoor living.

The inspirational magic of the Games will live on in five world class venues, built specially for the World’s finest athletes and then transformed to meet the needs of both high performance and community sports alike.
Tennis & Hockey Centres

Next door to the VeloPark are the mixed-use sports facilities at Eton Manor, primarily catering for tennis, hockey and five-a-side-football after the Games. These, along with the VeloPark, will be operated by the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
The Stadium

The eyes of the world will be on this spectacular arena at Games-time, to see who is the fastest, the highest, the strongest. It will become an icon of sporting achievement, and after the Games it will remain as an inspiration to the champions of the future, hosting everything from community sports events to international meetings, including the 2017 World Athletics Championships, which are already secured.
The Aquatics Centre

This striking building, home to two 50m pools and a diving pool, will be one of the landmarks of the Park and an ever-popular destination. As a venue for world-class competitions as well as public and community sessions, adults and children will be able to swim and dive in the same waters, and enjoy the same superb facilities, as the world’s top competitors.
The VeloPark

The VeloPark will be the UK’s foremost cycling facility, marked out by the 6,000-seat Velodrome, alongside the BMX circuit, a 1km road cycling circuit and 8km of mountain biking tracks. With facilities for visitors to hire bikes and bring their own in for repair, the VeloPark will reinforce London’s commitment to life on two wheels.
The Multi-Use Arena

London’s third largest indoor sports arena with flexible seating up to 7,500, the Multi-Use Arena will be used for a wide range of sports and physical activities for all. It features a sprung wooden floor space big enough for 16 badminton courts, around which are concession outlets, a café, meeting rooms, hospitality spaces, a fitness centre, crèche and changing rooms

Losing my dad around the same time as Daley did last year i can totally sympathise with his situation (my little brother was 16 at the time so around the same age as Daley too). I really wanted him to win Gold and was annoyed when i thought he chickened out of the last dive regarding the difficulty but i was wrong on that.

Anyway that apparent tweet is fully justified (especially for a kid).

Thats not true though. For instance the veledrome and BMX track are being handed to Lea Valley to manage and look after. Veledrome is going to be re-opened and will host one of the revolution track series events every year as well as other stuff whilst the BMX track is being adapted so that its easier for regular users.

They aren't going to tear down the aquatics centre either I doubt whilst the orbit tower is being adapted with a proper viewing platform.

As far as I'm aware the east village part refers more to the athletes village which is being turned into affordable homes afterwards whilst the rest of the area will have more green added, new gardens and grass etc.

Oh and I went to the olympic park today, place is unbelieveable. Its absolutely huge, atmosphere there was amazing. Everyone having such a good time.

The amount of stunning eastern european birds was crazy, will need to pay a visit there next year.

Thats not true though. For instance the veledrome and BMX track are being handed to Lea Valley to manage and look after. Veledrome is going to be re-opened and will host one of the revolution track series events every year as well as other stuff whilst the BMX track is being adapted so that its easier for regular users.

They aren't going to tear down the aquatics centre either I doubt whilst the orbit tower is being adapted with a proper viewing platform.

As far as I'm aware the east village part refers more to the athletes village which is being turned into affordable homes afterwards whilst the rest of the area will have more green added, new gardens and grass etc.

Its being modified and the capacity lowered to about 3k from 15k

Back