• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

Agree. Either the hype has gone to his head and he thinks he's ROnaldo or Harry is telling him to roam around. We already have Rafa in a roaming role and having Bale doing the same meant that we had no shape today

yes, but surely Redknapp is trying to mould the new C Ronaldo here, not just stick to traditonal, predicatable wingplay. I think it has made a difference this season, not only has Bale improved in skill and confidence but now that VDV has developed his game to play defensively and hold the weight of Bale doing his thing a bit more I dont think its that bad to play Bale in a free role. The problem is, its a work in progress. What it does mean is that Lennon is forced to play on the left for some reason, presumably because its the best option. another left footed winger would be lovely

Christ, after years of searching for a left winger of world class standard we decide to play him in a different position so that the search continues.....

Just home from the game...such a frustrating result!! Bale, adebayor and dawson need firing, modric kaboul and walker were excellent

It is so frustrating. He is one of the most feared left wingers in the world, but by coming inside he's getting crowded out. Today for example we had modric, VDV and parker all in the space Bale was going for. Makes no sense. I can see how HR might think by letting him roam inside it will flood the middle and give the fullbacks space to get forward, but I kind of think against teams like Wolves who want it congested in the middle, that we should use the width as much as we can, drag there players out a little and create the space which VDV and Luka thrive on!

again we've been clamed by the ref/lino...Ade was ONSIDE...that was NOT A CORNER (clearly, clearly not a corner)...having said that, Daws worried me today, not as solid and too many deep punts...but if you'd told me that in mid-Jan, after a disappointing draw with Wolves at home, that we'd be third, 6 points clear of Chavski, 2 off City and United at the top, I'd be very, very happy indeed.

believe!

Dawson - terrible passing
Kaboul - what's the point of his runs? he just runs untill he winds up on the left flank with nowhere to go and then he lose the ball
Walker - did his usual Zoolander impression, still can't turn left. this is something they must work on, at times it's ridiculous.
Parker - wooden leg.
Bale and VDV - would be happy if I never had to see them take a freekick again, they are absolutely awful at it.
Ade - wouldn't mind if he was in the box at times, so we could put in some crosses.
'Arry - terrible substitutions, Rose instead of BAE, what? And you don' take off Lennon unless he is not fit to continue (don't know if that was the case).
We are in serious need of a game changer from the bench, Defoe is a great alternative to sub in when we are a chasing a goal, but he doesn't influence the flow of the game at all. Same with Pav, the are both good scorers, but we need some creativity off the bench.

Just home from the game...such a frustrating result!! Bale, adebayor and dawson need firing, modric kaboul and walker were excellent

yep, thats how i saw it but then u have muppets on here saying dawson was great and walker brick lol. its a new site but its the same old posters posting the same old brick

Not surprised considering the tackle on him by Kightly!

Anyway, I'm sick of Bale's roaming, it's beginning to frustrate me, he seems to be getting in the way of people and then he moves over to the right. It seems to just make Adebayor go out to the left leaving him to cross for Bale in the middle when for me it should be the other way round, probably why we are after Remy, as he can play anywhere up top.

Walker's passing is awful. I thought Parker was below average today but he's just coming back from an injury and for me shouldn't of completed the full game. Dawson was poor, don't really want to say anything else on his performance because I'd probably get slated. I dislike Kaboul roaming forward. Disappointed that we haven't picked up three points when really we should be against Wolves... chance blown (as usual?).. but we are still in it. 17/18 games left..

Anyway, I'm sick of Bale's roaming, it's beginning to frustrate me, he seems to be getting in the way of people and then he moves over to the right. It seems to just make Adebayor go out to the left leaving him to cross for Bale in the middle when for me it should be the other way round, probably why we are after Remy, as he can play anywhere up top.

This its massively fudging me off as he looks half the player he does keep coming in and doing all these flicks and tricks

Too many flicks and tricks and dummies to nobody there. When our passing and movement is as substandard as it clearly was today, just keep it simple, stupid. On top of that, our dead-ball work was even worse than usual.

Anyone else think we looked like Arsenal from a few years ago? Nice attacking passing football but with absolutely no end product at all. In Adebayor, we've got someone who can hold up the ball, bring others in but as well as missing that, we still haven't got that DEADLY goalscorer.

Anyone else think we looked like Arsenal from a few years ago? Nice attacking passing football but with absolutely no end product at all. In Adebayor, we've got someone who can hold up the ball, bring others in but as well as missing that, we still haven't got that DEADLY goalscorer.

Agree on the last part. Ade has made a real difference, and has been unlucky at times (including with today's disallowed goal). But all the very top teams have real class up front, we need that if we are going to push for top spot, and top 3 over the next 4 months. Generally we have not been ruthless enough in games this year, we is quite something considering how well and dominant we have been. Today we should have won this game, and even though we shoudl still be very happy we are picking up points even when things don't go our way, I do think our squad options aren't as great as sometimes portrayed. Someone like Remy would be the kind of addition we need, anyone think of anyone else?

to quote a macaron somewhere on this board

DAWSON NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR A TEAM IN THE TOP 10 AND MUST BE SOLD!!!

LOL!

dont agree that bale should be stuck out wide. i think his movements benefits the team more for many reasons.

plus one or two or 3 or 4 games isnt enough for me to abandon something that has been getting us results in the last 20 games

knee jerk is a perfect title for this thread

great to have GG back and running. one draw and people want to break rank / system and run for more predictability which brings more mediocrity

dont agree that bale should be stuck out wide. i think his movements benefits the team more for many reasons.

plus one or two or 3 or 4 games isnt enough for me to abandon something that has been getting us results in the last 20 games

knee jerk is a perfect title for this thread

great to have GG back and running. one draw and people want to break rank / system and run for more predictability which brings more mediocrity

Excellent post

Why is that funny? Dawson is a pretty brick defender, it should be obvious to everyone.

Been debating with a couple of people on here regarding Dawson. I dont think he is brick but his ability and strengths are suited to certain teams. Gallas against Stoke couldnt handle their physical strength but Dawson may have as his strengths are more suited.

Also I was watching Soccer Saturday where they think Dawson is better than Cahill and actually a very good defender. These are ex pros.

Back