• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***The official health and fitness thread***

Im not a fitness guru by any means or a nutritionist obviously haha but I would suspect carbs carbs carbs? Unless youre trying to lose weight but even so id have suspected carbs and protein?

Yeah that's pretty much it! I am trying to tone up a bit as well so doing gym sessions, will need a good balance of carbs/proteins. Interestingly a few diet plans have said cheese is all good \o/ I think I need to get off runners' forums as everyone has their own views about training/diet and can get quite militant about it. I'm worried about hitting the dreaded 'wall' and apparently this is mostly to do with what you fuel yourself with during training and before the race.

Yeh my mate was doing marathons, Irons mans etc and his training diet was extreme to the point he wasn't getting enough as he couldn't force the food down. He was in amazing shape too

Cheers for the insight into the diet DHSF, much appreciated

I am slightly worried that my general haphazard approach to diet and fitness may be my downfall!

I am slightly worried that my general haphazard approach to diet and fitness may be my downfall!

I was never into the diet side of training until I met Barry McGuigans son and he talked me through how 80% of any training is diet and 20% training, his regime saw him work out once a week and his diet was what he concentrated on, he was cut too, in great shape. Then I started reading about diet more and realised how important it is.

My problem is, I know how important diet is, I just find it hard to stick to any, partly me, partly work and partly prep. To stick to many diets to support training you need to have good prep in your food or pay a fortune.

My diet has improved for the fact that if I can't find something to eat as a healthy snack I skip but even that's fine lines...

Yeah that's pretty much it! I am trying to tone up a bit as well so doing gym sessions, will need a good balance of carbs/proteins. Interestingly a few diet plans have said cheese is all good \o/ I think I need to get off runners' forums as everyone has their own views about training/diet and can get quite militant about it. I'm worried about hitting the dreaded 'wall' and apparently this is mostly to do with what you fuel yourself with during training and before the race.

I love carbs and miss it even if I do have it one day a week. I love croissants man, melted cheese on top and good quality ham... man ****s sakes haha Ive stayed away from the cheese thread because I love it too much... been eating light philadelphia haha.

Id suggest all carbs as you will burn it off anyways. Long distance runners tend to be very skinny simply because their diet is mainly carbs although there is some protein in it.

I was never into the diet side of training until I met Barry McGuigans son and he talked me through how 80% of any training is diet and 20% training, his regime saw him work out once a week and his diet was what he concentrated on, he was cut too, in great shape. Then I started reading about diet more and realised how important it is.

My problem is, I know how important diet is, I just find it hard to stick to any, partly me, partly work and partly prep. To stick to many diets to support training you need to have good prep in your food or pay a fortune.

My diet has improved for the fact that if I can't find something to eat as a healthy snack I skip but even that's fine lines...

Thats why the warrior diet works well. Takes that burden away and you will only need to prepare one huge meal... measure it and stick to the calories you allocated for the day in one meal. I eat 1800 calories with about 800 a day deficit although this usually is about 1k after my workout. 1800 cals makes you satisfied and easy prep'd.

Thats why the warrior diet works well. Takes that burden away and you will only need to prepare one huge meal... measure it and stick to the calories you allocated for the day in one meal. I eat 1800 calories with about 800 a day deficit although this usually is about 1k after my workout. 1800 cals makes you satisfied and easy prep'd.

How much weight did you lose? did you get the nutritional value you need? How long does it take you to prepare the meal? Did you have the same level of energy? are you naked?

What supplements are people taking? I take Calcium and Magnesium in one, Cod Liver Oil, and a multi Vit a day

How much weight did you lose? did you get the nutritional value you need? How long does it take you to prepare the meal? Did you have the same level of energy? are you naked?

Ive lost around 27kgs in about a year but thats with a hiatus of about six months where I gorged back everything because dieting wasnt really that great. Warrior diet allows me to feel satisfied and ive lost about 12kgs in 3 months (with December being a bad month having been in Montreal and christmas drinks and dinners etc)...

You need to work out your daily calorie requirements then chop off 500-800 calories and then work out the macros which you can then use to guide your meal preparation.

I prepare a meal in half hour - its so simple as its just oven stuff like roast vegetables, roast sweet potato and chicken breast in a griddle.

Thanks mate, good to know. My old PT used to say that diet and sleep are just as, if not more important than training. I'd love to just train once a week! I have the same issue as you with diets and you're right its bloody expensive with no prep.

I love carbs and miss it even if I do have it one day a week. I love croissants man, melted cheese on top and good quality ham... man ****s sakes haha Ive stayed away from the cheese thread because I love it too much... been eating light philadelphia haha.

Id suggest all carbs as you will burn it off anyways. Long distance runners tend to be very skinny simply because their diet is mainly carbs although there is some protein in it.

:lol: Man, I'm slobbering! I said in the cheese thread it's what is stopping me going vegan! Thanks for the advice.

What supplements are people taking? I take Calcium and Magnesium in one, Cod Liver Oil, and a multi Vit a day

Vitamin D in the morning and something called ZMA in the evening. Supposed to promote deeper sleep, so your body can repair yada yada. Gives you epic/vivid dreams though.

What improvements have you attributed to cod liver oil?

i am a fat fcuk...but have lost around 45lbs in 5 months. still need to lose a shedload more though. ZERO exercise. hoping to start soon though...

i am a fat fcuk...but have lost around 45lbs in 5 months. still need to lose a shedload more though. ZERO exercise. hoping to start soon though...

Yet you got a hottie mate (im presuming the girl in the avatar is yours of course ;))

Mate exercise is key, whilst the major aspect is diet, strength training is so important. I neglected it at the start which resulted in losing a bit of muscle. So I had to gain weight to gain some of the muscle I lost. Now im just only doing strength training to maintain the muscle whilst I lose a bit more fat.

Yet you got a hottie mate (im presuming the girl in the avatar is yours of course ;))

Mate exercise is key, whilst the major aspect is diet, strength training is so important. I neglected it at the start which resulted in losing a bit of muscle. So I had to gain weight to gain some of the muscle I lost. Now im just only doing strength training to maintain the muscle whilst I lose a bit more fat.

We need picture proof.

Done another 30 mile ride this morning, now off to drive some spare parts to Heathrow with just a banana and some nuts.

What kind of strength training you into?

I did a Strength and conditioning class last year but change in work means I can't get to the blooming thing. I am doing a full body programme but am probably gonna jack some of it in for MetaFit classes

Back