• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Can't agree with you on Jones. If I were England Manager I'd start Jones and the only dilemma would be where! He is the best right back England have, but I think he'll end up as centre half. He can also play central midfield in a box to box role. The boy is quality, I wish we had him.

Couldn't disagree more. ?ú20m for Jones is just ridiculous to my mind. The guy is a big lump with good stamina but that to me is about it. I have seen little in way of any quality from him at all to justify any hype, let alone that sort of fee or regular place in an England starting XI. But thats football, all about opinions.

Germany at 4/1 is a very good bet..

I agree, thats where my money is going tbh. I think that Spain will fall just short due to the fact that whoever plays up top won't have had that much of a run within the starting XI and I can't see Villa being fit to go. Obviously the forwards they will have will be top class like Llorente and Soldado but the chemistry throughout just might not be quite on it.

Germany just seem to be stronger every year with the younger players from 3-4 years ago now having so much more top level experience. They have a top goalkeeper which makes a big differences during these tournaments and I have a feeling that they will just about get over the line with this tournament.

Haven't seen this mentioned here or elsewhere but was amazed by Shearer, David James etc saying yesterday that Terry & Rio making up and played together for England at the Euros was more important than the racist abuse case that Terry faced.

Kick it out? Shows just how sincerely football takes racism issues. Really surprised at david James though.

You're kidding me? Very surprising to hear that sort of sentiment voiced by them two. I thought they had more sense.
If Roy has any bottle he won't even bring Terry as part of the squad.

Last edited:
I don't see why we don't just play a Utd side with Hart, Cole and Lennon in for de Gea, Evra and Valencia. They play together every day, why have an assortment of players from other clubs and expect them to gel in a couple of weeks?

I've noticed no one has put Scholes in their teams. Is he defnly ruled out? Thought there was a lot of talk about ending his England retirement as well.

I'm going for England just to shove it up your press but also looking out for Rafa to do well and have a man crush on Ozil.

I think Germany might end up winning it, don't rule out france as surprise outsiders though.

This is the england team I would take

GK
Hart
Foster
Robinson

RB
Walker
Richards

CB
Ferdinand
Cahill
Jones
Terry/Smalling (dependant on if Terry and ferdinand sort out their differences)

LB
Cole
Baines (bertrand)

CM
Carrick
Parker
Scholes
Lampard
Gerrard
Cole

AM/SC
Lennon
Oxlade Chamberlain
Ashley Young
Adam Johnson
Rooney
Defoe
Sturridge

4-3-3 is the way forward.

Last edited:
With Rooney being banned for the first 2 games you'd be left with just Sturridge and Defoe as your options to lead a 4-3-3, I've seen neither of them do that before. Striker wise it is a bit rubbish at the moment for England really.

Edit: I'd have Grant Holt in there for the hell of it, he's scored 8 of his goals against the top 8 in the premier league apparently. He deserves to be there more than Defoe imo, and would actually fit the system.

I think Germany might end up winning it, don't rule out france as surprise outsiders though.

This is the england team I would take

GK
Hart
Foster
Robinson

RB
Walker
Richards

CB
Ferdinand
Cahill
Jones
Terry/Smalling (dependant on if Terry and ferdinand sort out their differences)

LB
Cole
Baines (bertrand)

CM
Carrick
Parker
Scholes
Lampard
Gerrard
Cole

AM/SC
Lennon
Oxlade Chamberlain
Ashley Young
Adam Johnson
Rooney
Defoe
Sturridge

4-3-3 is the way forward.

Blimmey - 4-3-3 with no #9 (other than Rooney who can only play 1 match).

You'd need to take probably two of Zamora, Holt and Carroll in place of Defoe and one of your wide players (Oxlade Chamberlain, Lennon or Johnson)

Donetsk company

Anyone see this on sky sports news? Gonna target the English fans this year and hate Tottenham as we're Jews. Making hissing noises to represent the holocaust.

Their travel advice to black and Asian England supporters is stay at home and warning all fans not to provoke them.

Why don't these pricks ever seem to get what's coming to them?

Also their not scared of the English. They're not exactly big beefy fellas either pretty confident though.

They will

We have some pwoper nawty bastards ourselves

I laughed when they all got murdered by that other firm!

This is what I don't get. There are some nutters of ours that'll be going out there aware of these people. fudge me the police better be ready I can see murders this summer. fudge following England at the best of times let alone risking your life to watch them!!!!

went Donetsk away in the Uefa cup the other year, was pretty sketchy and there were a few incidents of violence - mainly big groups attacking Spurs fans who were in 2's and 3's, they didn't want to know when Spurs were grouped together or the numbers weren't stacked heavily in their favor.

i guess there is a chance things could get ugly out there - it'll only take a couple of people to have been attacked before England (or whoever decide) to get some retribution

was one of the bleakest places i have ever been - 10p a beer though :D

Last edited:
Poland and Ukraine don??t have exactly the most civilized fans in Europe. Could not really understand why on earth let the Euros be held there...

Because the whole country is basically racist and pretty much a 3rd world country? Joke decision to have the champs there on the first place.

Back