• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
The left winger for Ukraine has been great. They pass the ball round great. Good one touch triangles and breaks. Timochuk spraying it around. I'm impressed.

The Konoplyanka fellas been very good.

I'm very much on the Ibra is the quality striker side of the fence. The players around him aren't the best but he still creates and is a threat

The Konoplyanka fellas been very good.

I'm very much on the Ibra is the quality striker side of the fence. The players around him aren't the best but he still creates and is a threat

He's excellent. Powerful, two great feet, vision. Should have buried that header in the first half though. That's why people slag him. He's too casual. Sweden will be well up for it when we play.

I think the second half has been fudgein brilliant. ive only seen the last four games of the tournament and this half has been the best of the eight halves.

Very enjoyable. Proper lived the 2nd goal and it's great for the home nation to do well. Voronin played great! Ran his socks off.

poland/greece - entertaining but lacked quality
russia/czech - very open game, russia played the best stuff so far

denmark/holland - boring
germany/portugal - boring but heated up towards the end

italy/spain - crap 1st half, good 2nd
ireland/croatia - pretty good

england/france - fairly dull
ukraine/sweden - very good, open, attacking football

I love Kallstron by the way - very good player. Hudd is very much like him although Kallstrom is a bit more mobile.

Cant wait for Hudd to fudgein return

England v France was a a complete borefest but really enjoyed the Ukraine and Sweden game. I thought Ukraine deserved the win and I enjoyed the way they played, very 'Spurs like' at times with the quick powerful breaks and good use of the wings. I thought that Konoplyanka, Veronin and Shevchenko were very good. Konoplyanka is no Bale was was still very impressive, first time I'd seen him.

I think that France and England were both poor, france have a system but the players are not good enough. England have good players but they play too defensive.

We didnt get the likes of Gerrard or Ashley young in shooting positions, and these players can score goals.

Can both teams get out at the group stages? Yes.

I am expecting some draws, probably 0-0, in the next games, boring games and not many goals.

England are going to struggle to score from open play.

Konoplyanka was good, lots of promise there.

Really happy to see Sheva deliver a good game, capped off with goals, so many times players like that are a shadow of themselves in a tournament. He gave it all, played well, got 2, should have had 3, and seeing him willing the ref to blow the final whistle showed how much he gives brick still

I think that France and England were both poor, france have a system but the players are not good enough. England have good players but they play too defensive.

We didnt get the likes of Gerrard or Ashley young in shooting positions, and these players can score goals.

Can both teams get out at the group stages? Yes.

I am expecting some draws, probably 0-0, in the next games, boring games and not many goals.

England are going to struggle to score from open play.

What do you and others (from comments here) really expect? Roy was going to play attacking football?

When Rooney returns, it's not going to change, look at the warm up games, look at Roy's teams, this is what it will be ... snorefest

What do you and others (from comments here) really expect? Roy was going to play attacking football?

When Rooney returns, it's not going to change, look at the warm up games, look at Roy's teams, this is what it will be ... snorefest

you could look back at every England team since Eriksson took charge and come to the same conclusion tbf Raz

poland/greece - entertaining but lacked quality
russia/czech - very open game, russia played the best stuff so far

denmark/holland - boring
germany/portugal - boring but heated up towards the end

italy/spain - crap 1st half, good 2nd
ireland/croatia - pretty good

england/france - fairly dull
ukraine/sweden - very good, open, attacking football

Really? I thought it was a pretty dull game. Open up a bit in the second half, but still not too many chances. I quite liked the Denmark-game though, loads of chances in that one.

Given that a number of teams who had a hope of winning their group drew against a potential rival for top spot; England, France, Italy, Spain, what is procedure for deciding who finishes top of the group?

Ok, first off obviously it's points but then where? Goal difference/goals scored - which of those? And if both teams have identical records, what next?

Looks like which side has the higher ranking & then down to lots. Had England played France in the last fixture, and assuming that the group was identical for placings, then it appears that there could have been a penalty shoot out!

Goal difference, most goals scored, then how it went between the two teams, then ... I don't know, alphabet? :p

Given that a number of teams who had a hope of winning their group drew against a potential rival for top spot; England, France, Italy, Spain, what is procedure for deciding who finishes top of the group?

Ok, first off obviously it's points but then where? Goal difference/goals scored - which of those? And if both teams have identical records, what next?

It's points, then Head to Head, then GD, then Goals Scored, then whoever passed the brown bag ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012#Group_stage

Tie-breaking criteria

If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played between the teams in question;
2. Superior goal difference resulting from the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played between the teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal on points);
4. If, after having applied criteria 1) to 3), two teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1) to 3) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the two teams in question to determine the final rankings of the two teams. If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5) to 9) apply in the order given;[32]
5. superior goal difference in all group matches;
6. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
7. position in the UEFA national team coefficient ranking system
8. fair play conduct of the teams (final tournament);
9. drawing of lots

If two teams play last match in group stage, and they tie the match with same points, goals scored and goals received instead above tiebreakers, they play penalty shootout, provided no other team in the group finishes with same number of points.

Note: As all teams have a different UEFA national team coefficient, the last two tie-breakers (i.e. fair play conduct and drawing of lots) will never be applied in this tournament.

Back