• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Arsenal are beyond reproach though…. Played like peak Pulis Stoke today. Got what they wanted though I guess, hope they lose the league by 1 or 2 points

They’re a very good team but they seemed happy to kick city off the pitch and play for set pieces today. Swear they’ve got a big sign at their training ground that says something like “the game is won on set pieces” or words to that effect. Something you’d expect to see at Stoke or West Brom’s training ground not a team that plays “the Arsenal way”.

Jesus legit should have had one on three minutes, then would have been sent off for time wasting like a gormless fudge head
I loved his booking! Walking away with the ball and dropping it only for the ref to show him a yellow haha. Something quite satisfying seeing yellows for stupid things like diving, or time wasting etc.

We won't destroy Liverpool's. No chance we are getting anything at Anfield.

I’d be surprised too. Hate saying but Arsenal are legit. They’re more robust than they were last season and can score goals for fun, even without a top class CF! They could win the title or the CL or both. City are still the best team IMO but they’re not showing it right now and they could have an off day in the league or in Europe and open the door for Arsenal. And Arsenal are so bloody lucky with injuries. Their back four and midfield have been ever presents all season and that’s why could ultimately tilt things in their favour if this incredible luck continues.

As epxected the media are right up their arses

Emirates Marketing Project 0-0 Arsenal: 'Stern and steely Gunners not going away in Premier League title race'​

and stuff like this too, reminds me of the Leicester fairytale season

Arsenal's "they shall not pass" approach was helped by the leniency of referee Anthony Taylor, who showed a remarkable reluctance to produce yellow cards, which led to frustration for City and their supporters - exactly what the away side will have wanted.

It was a really weird way to ref the game, you can’t just decide that one match in a season is going to be reffed to completely different rules to the rest of the season and teams. What about cumulative bookings and suspensions? When you see some of the bookings Bissouma’s picked up this season and yet barely a card dished out yesterday for far worse than most of his yellows.

Whoever scouted Kane and Grealish and convinced City to drop 100m pounds on Grealish is a genius. Jack Grealish is a waste pipe and I am still glad we didn't get him at Spurs.
People slag off Deki sometimes when he doesn't go on the outside but Grealish takes that to a whole other level! Waits, waits, draw a foul or play it backwards. I haven't seen Grealish go past anyone since 2021!

Whoever scouted Kane and Grealish and convinced City to drop 100m pounds on Grealish is a genius. Jack Grealish is a waste pipe and I am still glad we didn't get him at Spurs.
Agree, what idiots!

He reminds me of Joe Cole after a season under Jose. He’s had all the football coached out of him.

Agree, what idiots!

He reminds me of Joe Cole after a season under Jose. He’s had all the football coached out of him.

Yep, one of those players who is at their best when they’re free to play. Similar to Dele in that way (not style, just how they express themselves) and Emirates Marketing Project/Pep doesn’t allow him to do that. Grealish needs a Redknapp-type manager I think.

I think Grealish played the best football of his career last season under Pep.

At Villa he would get a lot of the ball but do very little with it.

It was a really weird way to ref the game, you can’t just decide that one match in a season is going to be reffed to completely different rules to the rest of the season and teams. What about cumulative bookings and suspensions? When you see some of the bookings Bissouma’s picked up this season and yet barely a card dished out yesterday for far worse than most of his yellows.

Straw men afraid of being accused of spoiling the game by pundits who set the thinking for the idiots.

People slag off Deki sometimes when he doesn't go on the outside but Grealish takes that to a whole other level! Waits, waits, draw a foul or play it backwards. I haven't seen Grealish go past anyone since 2021!
And that incident in 2021 was only to get ahead of someone in the queue at the pub.

Last edited:

You often get derbies officiated a bit more liberally as you’d be handing out cards left right and centre for every foul in a derby so the intensity gets taken into account. Definitely helped Arsenal, they got away with being physical and no team likes getting kicked no matter how much they are up for a ruck. Was surprised how poor the creative players were like KDB and Silva, couldn’t unlock Arsenal. Mac Allister was brilliant for Liverpool against Brighton. I didnt think he was a creative player but kept thinking had he been playing for city yesterday then they would have won the match.

Back