• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Give them 60 seconds to check it. 2 minutes tops. It’s meant to be “clear and obvious”. If it isn’t then leave it as it was. These silly statements from clubs on twitter need to stop. It’s almost like a partisan fan has control of every single club’s social media accounts.

I'd favour a longer window, I don't agree with the clear and obvious principle.

Agree on the ridiculous outbursts we get from the clubs. There should be direct complaint process to PGMOL, but it shouldn't be public, and clubs should be fined for wetting themselves in the media.

I guarantee your last sentence is correct, they are low paying jobs, you wouldn't do it if you were not a fan.

I'd favour a longer window, I don't agree with the clear and obvious principle.

Agree on the ridiculous outbursts we get from the clubs. There should be direct complaint process to PGMOL, but it shouldn't be public, and clubs should be fined for wetting themselves in the media.

I guarantee your last sentence is correct, they are low paying jobs, you wouldn't do it if you were not a fan.

Nah not for me. Games are already getting too long as it is. Won’t be long before every game is 100 minutes long.

It’s not a good look when clubs put out these statements. I’m amazed the posts aren’t vetted or okayed but someone fairly senior at each club. They must realise everyone in the world can see them?

Nah not for me. Games are already getting too long as it is. Won’t be long before every game is 100 minutes long.

It’s not a good look when clubs put out these statements. I’m amazed the posts aren’t vetted or okayed but someone fairly senior at each club. They must realise everyone in the world can see them?

Longer games mean more value for money, justifies the price increases :D

I agree it's a terrible look, I wouldn't be surprised if management were swayed by the impressions and engagement, the only thing worse than being talked about...

Iln ot one to compare or even really think about them but If they don't win anything this season 🤞🏿 then they haven't done any better than Spurs under Poch. Which at the time they pelters us constantly yet they've actually spent money to get to where they are so they don't have the same excuses we did.

Don't win anything this year and the spotlight is going to swivel onto them.
As jammy as they are klopp leaving and ETH getting bagged/time will help take some of the heat off them, but they are going to be asked some searching questions.

Give them 60 seconds to check it. 2 minutes tops. It’s meant to be “clear and obvious”. If it isn’t then leave it as it was. These silly statements from clubs on twitter need to stop. It’s almost like a partisan fan has control of every single club’s social media accounts.

I think it comes from a pure frustration of clubs not being heard behind closed doors though at first I thought "that embarrassing" now I taken time to digest it I think they have a point.

Impartiality in sports with those running the game as officials has been a things for years, if a club writes a letter to PGMOL and says "look we don't feel comfortable with a Luton fan handling VAR in our game" and thats ignored AND you end up with a mess like yesterday then you feel that as misguided as the outburst was it comes with some justification. There is some logic in looking back and think, well maybe PGMOL could have changed the official and none of the subsequent fall out happens. There is clearly a level of arrogance in football all over BUT 100% there has to be answers to why this system that, lets face it was forced on the sport to make it some kind of decision making utopia is getting it so wrong.

There is ALOT more sympathy and support for the NF stance today than football and Sky would like

Also doesn't help with all the public apologies to certain clubs from the PGMOL or whoever and then the charging with disrespect to other clubs when they call things out publicly. It creates a conversation/narrative that doesn't feel equal.
As @Grays_1890 says I think it comes from the frustration of not being heard and being dismissed through official channels.

I think it comes from a pure frustration of clubs not being heard behind closed doors though at first I thought "that embarrassing" now I taken time to digest it I think they have a point.

Impartiality in sports with those running the game as officials has been a things for years, if a club writes a letter to PGMOL and says "look we don't feel comfortable with a Luton fan handling VAR in our game" and thats ignored AND you end up with a mess like yesterday then you feel that as misguided as the outburst was it comes with some justification. There is some logic in looking back and think, well maybe PGMOL could have changed the official and none of the subsequent fall out happens. There is clearly a level of arrogance in football all over BUT 100% there has to be answers to why this system that, lets face it was forced on the sport to make it some kind of decision making utopia is getting it so wrong.

There is ALOT more sympathy and support for the NF stance today than football and Sky would like

What message does it send if you can’t trust the officials to be impartial though?

This person may well have been a Luton fan, but above that they are an employed professional.

What message does it send if you can’t trust the officials to be impartial though?

This person may well have been a Luton fan, but above that they are an employed professional.

Mike Dean admitted lying, another came out and whistle blew on PGMOL telling them to lie about decisions so I think any consideration is open and as people in those roles you have to accept a level of it. Humans afterall

I wonder how the reach around derby is going to go tonight !!!
Cole Palmer, the youngest ever player of all time against the youngest, bravest bunch of 26 year olds ever assembled. Should be captivating.

Last edited:
Back