• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Exactly.

If this was Bournemouth Forest it would have just been seen as a naively open game between two bang average teams. It's being lauded like it was City v Liverpool, when Liverpool were juicing

Some very good phases for both teams I thought, but both did look more vulnerable than most big teams will want to be.

Bit like ourselves. Inconsistent, vulnerable in some ways, not yet fully firing. Definitely not two truly top teams battling it out.

Nice little Thurs/Sun/Thurs/Sun coming up should stretch this squad a bit!

My thoughts exactly.

I actually think he knows his stuff, problem is he can’t back it up with intelligent, coherent analysis. He always says phrases like “a lorry load of chances”. Doesn’t hide his dislike for us either and always says anything nice about us through gritted teeth.

Unlike Ian Wright, who is always fair about us and never slow to praise. Hated him as a player, of course, but he’s developed into an excellent pundit.

I actually think he knows his stuff, problem is he can’t back it up with intelligent, coherent analysis. He always says phrases like “a lorry load of chances”. Doesn’t hide his dislike for us either and always says anything nice about us through gritted teeth.
I agree . It comes across as waffle because he mumbles and rambles . He clearly knows his stuff .

So all games likely postponed this weekend, then maybe next weekend too for the funeral? The fixture pile up will be brutal.

I'm gutted and sad about her dying but I don't get cancelling all sports, concerts, etc for 2 weeks for mourning, yes the weekend of the funeral but 2 weeks is excessive, yes she was the Queen but she was a 96 year old woman who 99.99% of the UK had never met, we can be sad and mourn without having everything stopped for 2 weeks

It's efl. They don't need to worry about the world cup so can make it up. Elizabeth had been queen for 70 years. She deserves a day of mourning.

yes, but practicalities of events already planned and catered for, seems a waste for a gesture, pay respects without hurting the income of businesses already suffering

(not PL clubs obviously, but the establishments in their vicinity)

I'm gutted and sad about her dying but I don't get cancelling all sports, concerts, etc for 2 weeks for mourning, yes the weekend of the funeral but 2 weeks is excessive, yes she was the Queen but she was a 96 year old woman who 99.99% of the UK had never met, we can be sad and mourn without having everything stopped for 2 weeks

You can't mourn someone you've never met, that's just not possible. Virtue signalling flimflam.

yes, but practicalities of events already planned and catered for, seems a waste for a gesture, pay respects without hurting the income of businesses already suffering

(not PL clubs obviously, but the establishments in their vicinity)

I was talking of efl taking friday off. Not pl clubs. The games will still be played the businesses still get the fans. Just it will be a bit later.

My 10 year olds football match got cancelled for Saturday due to this, he will be gutted. Really pointless, he saw the Queen had died and pretty much had the same reaction as he would have if i had told him some stranger had died, ridiculous.

Agree, a lot of hard working people would have paid for train tickets and maybe even some accommodation to travel to sporting events this weekend, which they’d likely lose. Pay respects wearing black armbands and a minutes silence by all means. But cancelling events IMO for these reasons doesn’t have a place in 21st century Britain.

Back