• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

What was the challenge on? "Jurgen please stop gurning so close to my face, I'm being showered in saliva, enamel and blood."

Said that Klopp was wrong to attack broadcasters on the scheduling of games. He should get his chief executive to discuss it with the PL.

He's still got a point though.

I agree with Klopp. The scheduling is wrong and players aren’t being looked after. But the interviewer had a point and Klopp was quite nasty in how he raised it (“we got another player injured. Congratulations to you” and “you scheduled the game”).

Klopp also showed a lack of class at the end of the interview. He didn’t like being challenged.

Said that Klopp was wrong to attack broadcasters on the scheduling of games. He should get his chief executive to discuss it with the PL.

I agree with Klopp. The scheduling is wrong and players aren’t being looked after. But the interviewer had a point and Klopp was quite nasty in how he raised it (“we got another player injured. Congratulations to you” and “you scheduled the game”).

Klopp also showed a lack of class at the end of the interview. He didn’t like being challenged.

Fair enough, I didn't hear how it started. I thought the BT interviewer was being a bit disingenuous, playing the innocent. I suspect the PL and clubs have very little say in which games get picked in what slots. Maybe they should be trying to set different parameters for this season, but I can't imagine the broadcasters being particularly open to that.
Klopp nearly always shows a lack of class imo and he was rude about Chris Wilder at the end.
His press officer should have got him away sooner but probably easier said than done when he's on a rant.

Given what Liverpool win them for that was a stonewall pen.

Both offsides correct and the pen correct.

Clear and obvious? gonad*s, hasnt been that since day 1
I think it was pretty clear and obvious. I think the ref didn't see it first time. He thought Robertson got the ball, and didn't give it. Then watching the replay, he saw that Robertson didn't touch the ball, only kicked the foot of Welbeck. Clear and obvious error, which he corrected.

I had to switch off BT due to the helmet commentator
It’s like they are the only team to have injuries ever
2 spawny years of getting everything go their way is never bought up

He is numty of the very highest order. Macmananaman is scouse whinger of the highest order!

He is numty of the very highest order. Macmananaman is scouse whinger of the highest order!
You should have heard Michel Owen after the game! My word! He went on and on and on about how unfair the penalty was! Never stopped! The host even tried to get on with by saying, "OK, but what do you make of the overall display from Liverpool?", but Owen just kept on with the injustice done to Liverpool, and even managed to add "and I'm not biased in any way" HAHAHAHA!
What a fudging dork!

Fair play to the BT interviewer for challenging Klopp.
I caught a bit of this at the end and thought the interviewer was being a little aggressive and Klopp was quite reasonable, what was the initial crux of the debate - broadcasters are the baddies as they choose the times but the Clubs are happy to take the money that requires flexible scheduling for the same broadcasters to choose scheduling that maximises the viewers they get?

The Var debate was laughable today, I haven’t heard anyone mention clear and obvious for quite a while, but I wish the discussion had more balance:
swinging your foot through someone after they’ve nicked the ball is fine but handballs off the back of lower bicep is fine?
Consulting monitors puts ref under pressure to change their mind, expect for that one time when it would have favoured Spurs?
Great result for us today btw. When Mane scored I was rueing their good luck at the pen miss but also admiring how they just keep getting results no matter what players are missing!

I caught a bit of this at the end and thought the interviewer was being a little aggressive and Klopp was quite reasonable, what was the initial crux of the debate - broadcasters are the baddies as they choose the times but the Clubs are happy to take the money that requires flexible scheduling for the same broadcasters to choose scheduling that maximises the viewers they get?

I actually missed a bit at the end due to one of my kids creating a racket.

The reporter did try to get a reaction from Klopp on the pen and to be fair to Klopp, he didn't take the bait and just said "yeah it's a pen, the ref blew so it's a pen". The reporter threw in a question about Milner's injury and Klopp then said "yeah, it's a hamstring, congratulations to you on that". That kicked it off. He's right but he's being a bit of a smartarse and he does need to be challenged on it so fair play to the interviewer for doing that because it's not easy. Klopp then displayed a lack of class for my money from what I saw.

I've always been a Klopp fan. I love his enthusiasm but he's a bit of a bully. When everything is going his way, he's the best in the world. When it's not, he turns a bit nasty. That said, Jose isn't exactly a saint that way either.

I actually missed a bit at the end due to one of my kids creating a racket.

The reporter did try to get a reaction from Klopp on the pen and to be fair to Klopp, he didn't take the bait and just said "yeah it's a pen, the ref blew so it's a pen". The reporter threw in a question about Milner's injury and Klopp then said "yeah, it's a hamstring, congratulations to you on that". That kicked it off. He's right but he's being a bit of a smartarse and he does need to be challenged on it so fair play to the interviewer for doing that because it's not easy. Klopp then displayed a lack of class for my money from what I saw.

I've always been a Klopp fan. I love his enthusiasm but he's a bit of a bully. When everything is going his way, he's the best in the world. When it's not, he turns a bit nasty. That said, Jose isn't exactly a saint that way either.
Yeah mine has an annoying habit of asking me questions when I’m trying to listen to the tv, I need to get sky plus so I can rewind it!
Agree on Klopp, to be fair they are all charming when they win and bad losers when they don’t to some extent, didn’t hear the hamstring comment initially so fair play to the interviewer for coming back rather than accepting the dig.
My take is our league doesn’t bend over for one or two clubs which is what makes it the revenue the worldwide interest the more competitive games produce. If the clubs cared about players above money they woudn’t play them but next time it comes up maybe they can negotiate a discount for the broadcaster in return for less flexibility.
I sure part of the attraction for putting Liverpool on early is to benefit Asia, so live by the sword and all that...

I'd imagine the positive impact of so few fans being allowed in to stadiums would be so negligible that i don't see why it needs to be a consideration if some clubs are unable to do so

so your saying a couple of thousand fans that can’t sing, cheer or do anything won’t have an impact ;);)

I don’t get 12.30 kick offs
Said it when we played it. Just makes no sense for a quality side and it roosters up any form of normality for the players... when do theh eat... when do they meet up and warm up etc...
but it’s the same for both sides

20 Oct 2018 Emirates Marketing Project v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League
26 Jan 2019 Emirates Marketing Project v Burnley W 5-0 FA Cup
22 Jun 2020 Emirates Marketing Project v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League
28 Nov 2020 Emirates Marketing Project v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League

Has Dyche learned nothing, still, it’s the same arrogance that Pep shows against us.

Thats funny

Back