• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

Ive not seen any comment from him (pay little attention to be honest, not particularly a fan) but if he is trying to sweeten the Everton fans up it speaks volumes to his intentions IMO.

Hes taken Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to Anfield, so while taking on the old enemy will be bitter for Liverpool fans, its already been softened a bit. Plus I suspect, given their current standing, they might be somewhat aloof about little old Everton these days...

I definitely think Arsenal have been spending future budgets, absolutely. The Pepe deal is all the evidence you need.

West Ham is just the Saudi Sportswashing Machine of the south IMO, mental owners, deluded fans, brick squad, ridiculous expectation, big club pretentions but always doomed to fail...
He said it on Sly Sports last night, I presumed he had two job interviews after the match!
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../rafa-benitez-explains-everton-small-17391785

I felt what Benitez was doing at Saudi Sportswashing Machine was par, the likes of Pulis and Allardyce would have got the same out of the squad which wasn’t as weak as he made it out to be, it was made into a bigger thing by the fans and media due to his previous elite level of management (and I think it was a good thing to see this and he wouldn’t be the only One to perform at par at this level)

I think par is harsh, the squad he had was Championship play offs level at best, it wasnt a premier league team. Dwight Gale and then Rondon were his main goal threat, that speaks volumes.

Its fair to say he over performed there with the resources he had, IMO.

Add to that the clear meddling/lying/flimflam with the board and I think he did a tremendous job.

Im inclined to think more that Bruce is also doing well, rather than Benitez wasnt doing anything special.

Thing is when a pragmatic manager with a big budget wins a game by stopping the other team play he’s a master tactician, when a mid or lower level manager does it he has no idea how to manage a big club.

Absolutely. Perceptions are a strange thing, in life as well as football.

Regarding the board I think it’s the managers role to stay on message publically even if he doesn’t agree, same for most large companies. To be fair Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool both have cultish fan bases who hated their owners at the time so it was and easy union for him to make. Also removes any blame on him for any lack of performance.

Agreed, even if behind the scenes its carnage, a united front must be presented.

Benitez definitely benefited from nutty fans siding with him over hated management. He did stoke it as well - and really he probably didnt need to.

I think par is harsh, the squad he had was Championship play offs level at best, it wasnt a premier league team. Dwight Gale and then Rondon were his main goal threat, that speaks volumes.

Its fair to say he over performed there with the resources he had, IMO.

Add to that the clear meddling/lying/flimflam with the board and I think he did a tremendous job.

Im inclined to think more that Bruce is also doing well, rather than Benitez wasnt doing anything
Fair enough, I thought Rondon was good for them and can’t believe they didn’t sign him, especially when you look at their current crops goal return!

Fair enough, I thought Rondon was good for them and can’t believe they didn’t sign him, especially when you look at their current crops goal return!

He was good for them - very good - possibly the best season of his career?

Much to do with Benitez, IMHO, because otherwise he is a bang average lump up front.

Back