• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

He previously made a mistake/had a huge error of judgement/arrogantly thought the rules weren't for him - and was publicly shamed and harangued for it, deservedly so. That should be the end of it and I would have some sympathy for him living with the stress of photographers waiting around for him to make the next mistake - but only if he wasn't so bloody stupid to actually go and do something contrary to the social distancing rules he has already broken, thereby giving the media exactly what they were looking for.
Can someone really be that dense?

I see Walker has had another lockdown brainfart.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...harrassment-after-breaching-covid-19-lockdown

He might find he wasn’t being harassed if he followed the fudging rules.

The guy is a macaron, and i hate to see the excuse of mental problems being used to try and explain his self ( it seems to be the go to for every man and his dog in todays world). As someone who has had problems in the past its takes away from those who really suffer ( not some brain dead footballer like him).

I expect they will be some who disagree with my opinion though.

So the IFAB has said it will allow 5 subs per game, at three designated intervals (plus half time) when football returns.
Makes sense as an exception measure, but surely solidifies the non relegation position for the current season

So the IFAB has said it will allow 5 subs per game, at three designated intervals (plus half time) when football returns.
Makes sense as an exception measure, but surely solidifies the non relegation position for the current season

That’s just wrong for me. It changes the basis of the game and in-game management.
Plus it’s either safe to play or it isn’t.

That’s just wrong for me. It changes the basis of the game and in-game management.
Plus it’s either safe to play or it isn’t.
It's not because of safety, but because they will have to play so many games in a short period of time. Makes perfect sense if they actually go through finishing the season. But in England that's madness imo. Germany have it under relatively control, so Its probably OK to start again there.
But England is a different matter. No way its anywhere near being close to start reopening without it having serious consequences.

It's not because of safety, but because they will have to play so many games in a short period of time. Makes perfect sense if they actually go through finishing the season. But in England that's madness imo. Germany have it under relatively control, so Its probably OK to start again there.
But England is a different matter. No way its anywhere near being close to start reopening without it having serious consequences.

Yeah I realised after it was to do with players having to play games over a few days. So yes it makes sense in that respect but it is still changing the rules mid competition and can still be used for advantage on a game by game basis.
I also read (via twitter so not sure if it’s from a valid source) that VAR is likely to be dropped as well. Whatever the views on VAR, I don’t see how you can do that and maintain integrity/level playing field.

There was a point made today by a friend of mine that football is held in high regard in the U.K. and I was on a webinar last week where one Guy from a massive corporate said in his opinion the recover starts “when you see football matches taking place”

So what that made me think is, if football is likely to take place with restrictions then it has to be with the green light of government for the rest to follow or they are open to a lot of issues. If the example set by the Prem by playing games differs from what the rest can do their will be carnage because MDs and CEOs will be saying if they can we can with restrictions.

It is so high profile you can’t get away from it, you can’t hide it, so it has do be an example the rest of society can follow or it’s going to be a cluster

As much as I would love to see (normal) football restart, they should only do so when the integrity of the league can remain.

The following are nonsense imo:

Neutral Stadiums
Less time between games (favoring big squads)
Even behind closed doors is unfair on teams with home games against the top teams remaining.

Considering we were given the ultimatum to move into our new stadium with a certain number of games remaining due to "the integrity of the league" I don't see how they can justify the above.

If they go-ahead for entertainment purposes then fine, but final table standings should be void as it's clearly not an equal competition.

Either that or come out and publically say they desperately want the money. Pretending "it's fair" is just annoying :)

Trying to threaten clubs now, it's a joke

Premier League clubs will be warned at a meeting on Monday that the season not restarting at neutral venues could cost them more than relegation and they must consider the long-term consequences of voting against the proposal

Hahahahahahahaha

Gary Neville 'more confident' of Manchester United title challenge next season

Neville tells The Football Show: "I feel a little more confident in Manchester United's ability to challenge next season just because of what's happened, and the fact they started to play a lot better before this lockdown."

Yeah I realised after it was to do with players having to play games over a few days. So yes it makes sense in that respect but it is still changing the rules mid competition and can still be used for advantage on a game by game basis.
I also read (via twitter so not sure if it’s from a valid source) that VAR is likely to be dropped as well. Whatever the views on VAR, I don’t see how you can do that and maintain integrity/level playing field.
Re VAR, it will not be dropped in the Premier league.

I really really hope so.

As much as I would love to see (normal) football restart, they should only do so when the integrity of the league can remain.

The following are nonsense imo:

Neutral Stadiums
Less time between games (favoring big squads)
Even behind closed doors is unfair on teams with home games against the top teams remaining.

Considering we were given the ultimatum to move into our new stadium with a certain number of games remaining due to "the integrity of the league" I don't see how they can justify the above.

If they go-ahead for entertainment purposes then fine, but final table standings should be void as it's clearly not an equal competition.

Either that or come out and publically say they desperately want the money. Pretending "it's fair" is just annoying :)

The bgi issue for me is neutral venue, we played almost all the top teams away from home in the first 12 or so games.
Now we will have to play them without that advantage being returned.
That is patently unfair, makes a mockery of the whole thing IMHO.

So there will be no gate receipts this will all be to help the clubs financially, so the league and tv money will continue to be distributed?
do Sky even want a product with so much changing with the format / the ethical debate about returning too soon?
Every scenario I can think of gives a disadvantage to someone. Even if you say that if all clubs can’t agree the league gets nulled, there will be some clubs that prefer that rather than risk being relegated.
I was thinking perhaps we distribute most of the cash based on current league standings and put put a % of it into a Summer cup competition, 4 groups of 5 seeded by current positions. Unfortunately it would still be resisted as a mechanism for European qualification* and relegation but maybe for fans, players and by association tv at least it would be more aligned to the reason we play and watch the game in the first place.

*top 2 qualify for Europe, semi finalist for CL?? Then bottom 4 go into a play off where only the winner survives relegation?? 3rd and 4th have a plate competition for a bit of extra cash / more gate receipts?

Back