• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Silly debate really as both Wenger and Jose are great managers, however if I had to bet my house on getting a win in any one game then I would want Jose to be the manager.

a lot of managers get the same level of financial backing yet don't bring the same success

name them. managers who have managed a club willing to spend the kind of money that chelsea have been willing to for at least 2/3 seasons who havent had comparable levels of success.

theres hardly any. the ones that are deemed failures dont really get a fair chance. scolari, moyes etc. they have poor results for 6-10months and the club panics and gets rid of them. some of those guys maybe arent equipped to manage a club with chelsea's level of ambitions, but i suspect a lot of them would be succesful if they were given a bit more time.

name them. managers who have managed a club willing to spend the kind of money that chelsea have been willing to for at least 2/3 seasons who havent had comparable levels of success.

theres hardly any. the ones that are deemed failures dont really get a fair chance. scolari, moyes etc. they have poor results for 6-10months and the club panics and gets rid of them. some of those guys maybe arent equipped to manage a club with chelsea's level of ambitions, but i suspect a lot of them would be succesful if they were given a bit more time.

i'm not talking about a comparative level of success with what chelsea have now, i'm talking about over his career, there have been many managers with the same level of investment behind them who have not won multiple European Cup's

look at city, PSG, Monaco, and since Guardiola left Barca, martino, villanova, mancini, pellegrinni, blanc, ranieri, have any of them had the influence on a club that Mourinho has had?

How come Mourinho regularly gets "a fair chance" where others do not?

Could it be that his ability to bring success keeps him in the job? Do you really think Mourinho would have finished outside the top 4 with United like Moyes? Do you think Emirates Marketing Project would have failed as hard in the CL as they did under Mancini if they had Mourinho?

Have either Wenger or Mourinho come into a club in disarray, midway through the season, look to have saved them from relegation and got them to the final of the most prestigious cup competition on the planet? Didn't think so. Both poor mens Timmeh Sherwood's.

*drops mic

And he's only 52. If his career continues as it has been going so far until he's the same age Ferguson was when he retired I find it very strange to think how anyone wouldn't consider him one of the greats.
I'm sure he will be considered one of the great managers for his achievements, however he'll also be remembered for being a massive bell-end too. At least that is how I'll remember him ;)

look at city, PSG, Monaco, and since Guardiola left Barca, martino, villanova, mancini, pellegrinni, blanc, ranieri, have any of them had the influence on a club that Mourinho has had?

i think mourinho's is a pseudo-influence, propogated by himself. much like mancini's at Emirates Marketing Project. mourinho is credited for turning into what chelsea are today (a global super club). but i think they wouldve got there regardless. and in an alternate universe, where mourinho wasnt the manager who took over ranieri, i think chelsea could be just as succesful, playing a more aesthetically pleasing style of football. and also not loathed by the rest of world football. i think chelsea could definitely have been far better off in this regard had someone other than mourinho had become their manager.

How come Mourinho regularly gets "a fair chance" where others do not?

Could it be that his ability to bring success keeps him in the job? Do you really think Mourinho would have finished outside the top 4 with United like Moyes? Do you think Emirates Marketing Project would have failed as hard in the CL as they did under Mancini if they had Mourinho?

like ive said before, hes a great self promoter. same reason why redknapp was able to blag himself top jobs for so long too. i think mourinho's team (like any other manager, including wenger) certainly have a chance to finish outside the top 4. albeit probably a bit less than moyes did. but i do think that the timing of when moyes took the utd job was unfortunate. i think it was a lot harder than people think. they had a lot of ageing players, and a few key members had moved on too, leaving a bunch of mediocre players.

like ive said before, hes a great self promoter. same reason why redknapp was able to blag himself top jobs for so long too. i think mourinho's team (like any other manager, including wenger) certainly have a chance to finish outside the top 4. albeit probably a bit less than moyes did. but i do think that the timing of when moyes took the utd job was unfortunate. i think it was a lot harder than people think. they had a lot of ageing players, and a few key members had moved on too, leaving a bunch of mediocre players.

Unlike when Mourinho took over at Inter, or took over for his second spell at Chelsea.

Of course when you talk about Mourinho taking over at Inter the previous success Mancini had had was a reason to downplay Mourinho's later success. When Moyes took over United's title winning team it's just... unfortunate pressure? Whereas winning the CL with Inter or overtaking Pep's absolutely tremendous Barcelona team is actually easier than people think?

There are a lot of great self promoters in football. None of them get anywhere close to Mourinho's record. He finished 3rd with Chelsea last season, his lowest league finish since joining Porto. That's only firsts and seconds in well over a decade. He also went almost a decade unbeaten at home in the league...

He gets jobs and he keeps jobs because he gets results. Way above and beyond what the vast majority of other managers would have gotten in his situation. His last season at Real Madrid was "the worst season of his career" according to himself. Second in La Liga, runners up in the Copa del Rey and semi-finalists in the Champions League. That's about as bad as it's ever gotten for a team under Mourinho.

i think mourinho's is a pseudo-influence, propogated by himself. much like mancini's at Emirates Marketing Project. mourinho is credited for turning into what chelsea are today (a global super club). but i think they wouldve got there regardless. and in an alternate universe, where mourinho wasnt the manager who took over ranieri, i think chelsea could be just as succesful, playing a more aesthetically pleasing style of football. and also not loathed by the rest of world football. i think chelsea could definitely have been far better off in this regard had someone other than mourinho had become their manager.

Come 2-3 weeks from now Chelsea will have won 4 league titles since Abramovich took over. 3 of those 4 under Mourinho, the only other under pretty much accepted as world class Ancelotti...

Emirates Marketing Project have tried to replicate Chelsea's success under Mourinho and... so far not managed to.

Last season Chelsea finished 3 points ahead of Arsenal - Arsenal then spent 89m net in the market (compared to Chelsea who made a profit) - Chelsea are currently 10 points ahead of Arsenal - that's top work from Mourinho you have to say

Unlike when Mourinho took over at Inter, or took over for his second spell at Chelsea.

they didnt have to fill the squad with mediocre players like valencia and young though. as a team, the average standard of player was a lot higher than man utd were under moyes.

Of course when you talk about Mourinho taking over at Inter the previous success Mancini had had was a reason to downplay Mourinho's later success. When Moyes took over United's title winning team it's just... unfortunate pressure? Whereas winning the CL with Inter or overtaking Pep's absolutely tremendous Barcelona team is actually easier than people think?

they never overtook pep's barca team in my eyes. they may have won the league and even beaten barca a few times, but barca were still the better side. finishing above another team does not automatically mean you are the better side imo.

and, i dont for one moment think moyes is better or even as good as mourinho. but i think moyes suffered a lot from the unique scenario he was put in. had he taken over man utd at another time, he wouldve had a better chance imo. even had they kept him on, i dont think its impossible that he couldve at least replicated what man utd have done this season.

There are a lot of great self promoters in football. None of them get anywhere close to Mourinho's record. He finished 3rd with Chelsea last season, his lowest league finish since joining Porto. That's only firsts and seconds in well over a decade. He also went almost a decade unbeaten at home in the league...

lot of great self promoters maybe, but none as good as mourinho. mourinho's method of acheiving success is not too dissimilar to that of harry's. harry just did it at a slightly lower level. but in hindsight, its easy to see how harry was able to do so well. just ask the portsmouth fans.
He gets jobs and he keeps jobs because he gets results. Way above and beyond what the vast majority of other managers would have gotten in his situation. His last season at Real Madrid was "the worst season of his career" according to himself. Second in La Liga, runners up in the Copa del Rey and semi-finalists in the Champions League. That's about as bad as it's ever gotten for a team under Mourinho.

harry also kept getting job because he getting results.

i would argue that the season chelsea had last season was worse. if not, it was at least equally as bad considering that they have the biggest financial might. the manager who "always wins", basically went two seasons without winning jack despite having the biggest budget.

Come 2-3 weeks from now Chelsea will have won 4 league titles since Abramovich took over. 3 of those 4 under Mourinho, the only other under pretty much accepted as world class Ancelotti...

Emirates Marketing Project have tried to replicate Chelsea's success under Mourinho and... so far not managed to.

ofcourse Emirates Marketing Project havent managed to replicate chelseas season under mourinho. the competition is now a lot harder. there are 3 mega rich sides now, only 2 when mourinho first joined chelsea. which i would say also partly explains why chelsea have 3/4 under mourinho. mansour bought city during the period the mourinho wasnt at chelsea. in addition, chelsea need to turnover their squad a bit after mourinho left.

they didnt have to fill the squad with mediocre players like valencia and young though. as a team, the average standard of player was a lot higher than man utd were under moyes.

they never overtook pep's barca team in my eyes. they may have won the league and even beaten barca a few times, but barca were still the better side. finishing above another team does not automatically mean you are the better side imo.

and, i dont for one moment think moyes is better or even as good as mourinho. but i think moyes suffered a lot from the unique scenario he was put in. had he taken over man utd at another time, he wouldve had a better chance imo. even had they kept him on, i dont think its impossible that he couldve at least replicated what man utd have done this season.

lot of great self promoters maybe, but none as good as mourinho. mourinho's method of acheiving success is not too dissimilar to that of harry's. harry just did it at a slightly lower level. but in hindsight, its easy to see how harry was able to do so well. just ask the portsmouth fans.

harry also kept getting job because he getting results.

i would argue that the season chelsea had last season was worse. if not, it was at least equally as bad considering that they have the biggest financial might. the manager who "always wins", basically went two seasons without winning jack despite having the biggest budget.

Harry Redknapp... I miss the eye rolling smiley, I really do... Only in hindsight... Mourinho wins the league again it seems.

Two seasons out of the last... 13 without a trophy? Meanwhile Wenger, who you defend endlessly, has one trophy in the last... decade? Please...

ofcourse Emirates Marketing Project havent managed to replicate chelseas season under mourinho. the competition is now a lot harder. there are 3 mega rich sides now, only 2 when mourinho first joined chelsea. which i would say also partly explains why chelsea have 3/4 under mourinho. mansour bought city during the period the mourinho wasnt at chelsea. in addition, chelsea need to turnover their squad a bit after mourinho left.

And there was no turnover needed when Mourinho rejoined Chelsea? Yet, second season again Mourinho finds himself on top. Predictably, boring perhaps, but none the less impressive.

Had he joined Arsenal... He would have quit or been fired had he only "achieved" what Wenger has done in the last decade.

Back