• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Ignoring the Rooney situation, if this is Man Utd's strongest line up then I don't see them beating teams week in week out.

Man Utd have been horrible to watch, no one touch passing, no quick incisive dangerous play, nothing.

Sure this is still considered a friendly and it's still pre-season but you'd think they'd want to send a message or something. Lucky they are against Wigan really and that Emirates Marketing Project didn't win the FA Cup as they'd probably have been torn a new one. I'd like to say they'll do brick this year but I wouldn't want it to come back and bite me in the arse if they go on to fight for the title. But I'm certainly not scared.

Man Utd have been horrible to watch, no one touch passing, no quick incisive dangerous play, nothing.

Sure this is still considered a friendly and it's still pre-season but you'd think they'd want to send a message or something. Lucky they are against Wigan really and that Emirates Marketing Project didn't win the FA Cup as they'd probably have been torn a new one. I'd like to say they'll do brick this year but I wouldn't want it to come back and bite me in the arse if they go on to fight for the title. But I'm certainly not scared.

Did you watch the first 20-25 minutes? They completely outplayed Wigan, didn't create a ton of chances, but there was definitely some nice passing and tendencies.

Reminds me of United last season. Extreme intensity in periods, completely bossing games, but then also sitting back and being patient in periods looking for the counter attack.

Did you watch the first 20-25 minutes? They completely outplayed Wigan, didn't create a ton of chances, but there was definitely some nice passing and tendencies.

Reminds me of United last season. Extreme intensity in periods, completely bossing games, but then also sitting back and being patient in periods looking for the counter attack.

I actually didn't start watching until about the 22nd minute, didn't even see van Persies goal, was it good?

But since then it hasn't been pretty. I actually think Wigan have been the better team since i've started watching, they are a CHAMPIONSHIP team. A team like Man Utd should pretty much be in control for 45 minutes regardless.

Swansea will have a field day next week, they won't be able to get near them.

I actually didn't start watching until about the 22nd minute, didn't even see van Persies goal, was it good?

But since then it hasn't been pretty. I actually think Wigan have been the better team since i've started watching, they are a CHAMPIONSHIP team. A team like Man Utd should pretty much be in control for 45 minutes regardless.

Swansea will have a field day next week, they won't be able to get near them.

Nicely guided header into the far corner from a rather long way out for a header after he was part of the buildup and found Evra on the left

They had 74% possession after 15 minutes or something like that, Wigan barely touched it.

Like last season, United don't control games just because "they should". In the lead, done their early pressing, now let (what was last season) an error prone Wigan control the game and look for the counter attacking chances that are almost bound to present themselves.

Can definitely see why they are after Fabregas, desperately needed.

Why it's confusing as to why they want Fellaini.

Agreed. Fabregas seems impossible though, can understand why they wanted Thiago and can see them go for Modric now. Fellaini is probably just an option if every other target fails.

RVP 2-0 Wigan

I can see him winning them a brick load of points next season, Man Utd still look poo.

Anyone else love Carrick? Everything goes through him, and he's so good at threading the needle to United's more attacking players. 93 passes so far, with a 96% completion rate.

Back