• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
If i was a player, id stop playing, go back to the dressing rooms. Theres no point playing knowing you will never win because of a referee.

Either that or give referees bonuses when they get a decision right. When they dont, dont pay them.

Jol is such a class act, Carrick tells him at the end of the game that it was a penalty and Jol still doesn't blame the ref in his interview.

Of course he's probably in Oliver's dressing room now asking him if he can think that he's a prick.

I don't think was a pen for handball in the first half. Kelly's arm was right down his side. Not in an unnatural position.

Has Martin Jol given one of his costumary polite interviews after being fudged over by the ref yet?

I don't think was a pen for handball in the first half. Kelly's arm was right down his side. Not in an unnatural position.

His hand stopped a ball going across the face of the goal for a possible tap in.

Unnatural position? As in floating alongside his body?

It was attached to his shoulder.....thats natural enough for me in any situation

Jol is such a class act, Carrick tells him at the end of the game that it was a penalty and Jol still doesn't blame the ref in his interview.

Of course he's probably in Oliver's dressing room now asking him if he can think that he's a prick.

Whats the point in saying that apart from frustating them even more?!

Thats not being fair play, if he was being fair play hed put his hands up and tell the ref it was a penalty.

At least, we could say that this time they have deserved to win a title.

I remember the days when Van Nistelroy use to get 2 pens a game.

Whats the point in saying that apart from frustating them even more?!

Thats not being fair play, if he was being fair play hed put his hands up and tell the ref it was a penalty.

At least, we could say that this time they have deserved to win a title.

I remember the days when Van Nistelroy use to get 2 pens a game.

If he did that it would be the last game he'd play for Utd

Its not being fair play, if he was being fair play hed put his hands up and tell the ref it was a penalty.

And if a Spurs player did that, in a vital game where we could go 3rd, back above arsenal, with 1 minute left, this forum would implode, explode, and meltdown beyond all comprehension, and said player would be hounded out of the club by a hate mob.

Dont be so silly.

If he did that it would be the last game he'd play for Utd

Of course he cant to that, but im sick of decisions like that.

Their last game: Wolves away, well wolves turn up and have a good start to the game, then they get one player sent off out of nowhere. Of course united were one up and would probaly have won anyway, but its game over before half time.

Its like Milan twenty years ago, exacly the same.

His hand stopped a ball going across the face of the goal for a possible tap in.

Unnatural position? As in floating alongside his body?

It was attached to his shoulder.....thats natural enough for me
It did stop the cross, but with that reasoning it would be a foul every time a ball hits the arm of a player and that is clearly not the case. Kelly's arm was hanging straight down by his side. It even looked like he moved his arm towards his body as the cross was hit, so that he would not give away a penalty. If his arm had been raised or outstreched, then it would have been a penalty for me.

It did stop the cross, but with that reasoning it would be a foul every time a ball hits the arm of a player and that is clearly not the case. Kelly's arm was hanging straight down by his side. It even looked like he moved his arm towards his body as the cross was hit, so that he would not give away a penalty. If his arm had been raised or outstreched, then it would have been a penalty for me.

Imo, it wasnt ball to arm...he still lunged forward to block the cross, and did so with his arm. Anyway, it was a big call, and it went against them, thats all I was getting at.

Imo, it wasnt ball to arm...he still lunged forward to block the cross, and did so with his arm. Anyway, it was a big call, and it went against them, thats all I was getting at.

It was a big call, but he got it right. He got the penalty call wrong.
Is this where I shoudl have added IMHO? If I had been humble that is ;)

Watching that game felt like every Spurs v United game at OT, i.e. Fulham played nice, pretty football without threatening, with no conviction and the ref bottles it and screws them over. Oh well, at least Emirates Marketing Project ain't top.

I think people are exxagerating how good Fulham were. United dominated just about every stat including possession, shots, territorial advantage. Well deserved win in my book. A penalty decision either way, although I feel the Murphy one was more of a penalty than the handball claim neither was clear cut.

Back