• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Gio hasn't started a league game since August 2008, doesn't like like he's been given much of a chance to me. He plays as a 2nd striker, harr.

Lol everytime he plays for Mexico there's a demand for Gio to get games. Then when he is given a chance to play he is criticised and should never play for Spurs again. Seen this cycle so many times now, can we not just accept he is one of many players that plays better for his national team than does at club level?

Give him a run of 5 - 8 games then he has no excuses.

Yeah I could see him as a better 2nd striker than right winger. Would be good to see him given a run in more than just cup games. After not really giving him a chance for so long I can't see it happening now though....

my problem is if Harry's such a great man manager why can't he get Gio to play like this for us?

Agreed, instead of bringing him on for 10 minutes every 2 months and people say he is not good enough. I am convinced a better manager would have made Gio work here at Spurs. Even if he was not first choice he is capable of playing on both wings if either Lennon or Bale were injured or needed a rest.

Personally I don't think he's ever gotten much of a chance. Harry would shuffle Modric to the left and move everyone around, when Gio could have just come right in for Lennon and everyone else could have stayed where they were.

Ah yes, square pegs/round holes...I said back in Feb, so long as we DID NOT DO THAT, we would walk 3rd...simple stuff...have to say I thought Damieo missed a couple of sitters today...he was OK, but I do think he would be a fine signing IN ADDITION TO Adebayor but not instead of...

I hope Jurgen does a good job as USMNT coach, imo if he proves himself he should be the Spurs manager no question, it is sort of a Barcelona-esque idea to have someone with a history at the club to be our manager. People might compare it to Liverpool making "King Kenny" manager, but I think the difference is that Jurgen is, erm, smart.

I just like everything about that idea.

I hope Jurgen does a good job as USMNT coach, imo if he proves himself he should be the Spurs manager no question, it is sort of a Barcelona-esque idea to have someone with a history at the club to be our manager. People might compare it to Liverpool making "King Kenny" manager, but I think the difference is that Jurgen is, erm, smart.

I just like everything about that idea.

He'd fit in well here.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...in/08/26/Jurgen.Klinsmann.crticism/index.html

Lahm's verdict on the short reign of Jurgen Klinsmann at Bayern (July 2008 to April 2009) was less than flattering. "We practiced little more than fitness. Tactical things were neglected. The players had to get together before [the games] to discuss how we wanted to play. After six or eight weeks, all players knew it wouldn't work with Klinsmann. The rest of the season was damage limitation."

He'd fit in well here.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...in/08/26/Jurgen.Klinsmann.crticism/index.html

Lahm's verdict on the short reign of Jurgen Klinsmann at Bayern (July 2008 to April 2009) was less than flattering. "We practiced little more than fitness. Tactical things were neglected. The players had to get together before [the games] to discuss how we wanted to play. After six or eight weeks, all players knew it wouldn't work with Klinsmann. The rest of the season was damage limitation."

People say all kinds of things to sell books, you can actually watch a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff on the US national team on youtube, mostly Jurgen and he certainly doesn't seem to be like described by Lahm there. Certainly not in the Harry Redknapp mold of just run around a bit and the ball will find its way in.

I just got home from the Canada v US game. It was decent, both teams had their chances. Thought the US would brick allover Canada after the first 10 mins but it was pretty even in the end.

Loved the Canada kit and also the Spurs trio - Klinsmann, Lars Hirschfield in goal for Canada and Stalteri being honoured before the match.

Oh and fair play to the Americans who made their way up. Was nice to see a pretty full away end for once.

He has had 15 lge games (most as subs for a few minutes) in four seasons, he has never been given a proper chance by Redknapp.

Massive waste of talent along with David Bentley - you have to wonder how brick he must be at training not to even make the bench at times. Clearly Arry doesn't rate him for brick if he's willing to play or entire midfield out of position when Lennon is out instead of bringing in a like-for-like replacement - no higher graded, boss

Gio deserved a chance based no his EL / CC performances earlier in the season

Last edited:
Agree with arc above. Another manager might've used him more especially when Lennon was out for those 4/5 weeks around February iirc.

Back