• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Managers' crap excuses thread

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
Thought this would be a good place to put all of the poor excuses by managers:

Van Gaal blaming fatigue on the 2nd half being poor yesterday despite playing the joint lowest number of games in all of the Premier League.

Poch earlier in the season blaming the pitch.

Mourinho claiming there is a conspiracy against Chelsea.

I remember Fergie once cited the kit as an excuse for a 3-1 defeat to Soton :lol:

Thought this would be a good place to put all of the poor excuses by managers:

Van Gaal blaming fatigue on the 2nd half being poor yesterday despite playing the joint lowest number of games in all of the Premier League.

Poch earlier in the season blaming the pitch.

Mourinho claiming there is a conspiracy against Chelsea.

I remember Fergie once cited the kit as an excuse for a 3-1 defeat to Soton :lol:

I think that people need to need to post quotes if we are going to try and pin excuses on individual managers. Otherwise this thread will show more about posters' prejudices than managers' excuses.

Managers complaining about the amount of games this christmas.............when its the same for every other team aswell.

'I think fatigue is always going to kick in with two games in three days but it's the same for every club in the Premier League,' the 22-year-old told MUTV.
'You have to do it, we have done it, and now we look forward to the game against Stoke on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...three-days-says-Phil-Jones.html#ixzz3NMsKSYmq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eam-two-games-three-days-says-Phil-Jones.html

Fergie said: ‘The players couldn’t pick each other out. They said it was difficult to see their team-mates at distance when they lifted their heads.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ible-kit-voted-worst-time-.html#ixzz3NMsmRBrB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

when hoddle was in charge of england, he famously blamed the grass for being too long in a qualifier

Although specific, managers like Rodgers who lose Suarez but spunks the money on three strikers to then moan about lack of depth, almost like they never signed them players.

Pellegrini is classic with that kind of thing. As a squad full of expensive forgotten men and moans about depth..........

That's the one that boils my p1ss

Have a guess who came out with this one.....

"Real Madrid gave a spectacular performance from the first to the last minute. We came here to play. What I'm about to say is not a criticism, I'm just stating a fact: there were no ball-boys in the second half, which is something typical of small teams when experiencing difficulties"

Or this top 10?

10) Following the altercation between Emmanuel Adebayor and Nicklas Bendtner in the League Cup tie against Spurs, January 2008
"I did not know anything about it. I didn't see it."

9) Following a seemingly offside goal from Robin van Persie against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, November 2008
"I do not want to score offside goals but I didn't see that, frankly."

8) Following Sol Campbell's foul on Wayne Rooney which led to a penalty against Manchester United, October 2004
"I think we were a little bit robbed. I didn't think there was any contact at all."

7) Following the infamous Pizzagate incident after the same game, October 2004
"I don't know about food throwing. I did not see if something was thrown – you'll have to ask someone else, because I don't know."

6) Following the alleged spitting incident involving Cesc Fabregas at the end of the FA Cup tie against Hull, March 2009
"I know nothing about that at all. I'm sorry, I can't speak about something I haven't seen."

5) Following Emmanuel Eboue's sending off for two yellow cards against Tottenham, February 2009
"The first yellow card was very harsh. I didn't see the second one."

4) Following Sol Campbell's serious foul on Eric Djemba-Djemba of Manchester United in the Community Shield, August 2003
"I didn't see Sol's challenge."

3) Following an incident against West Ham when Dennis Bergkamp appeared to strike Lee Bowyer in the face, January 2003
"It did not look intentional. Dennis caught him with the elbow but the player ran into him."

2) Following claims that Ashley Cole pushed Nicolas Anelka during a match against Emirates Marketing Project, February 2004
"I didn't see that Ashley pushed him in the face. If the replays show it, then it's the referee's problem."

1) Following newspaper photos depicting Arsenal captain William Gallas smoking a cigarette in a nightclub, October 2008
"I didn't see the picture."

Back