• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The holiday thread

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
We are off next week to Marrakesh for a week.

Really excited, love North Africa. Spent a bit of time working maintenance out in Tunisia way back when.

Food in that part of the world is perfect for me not to spicy but got a kick. The other half has lot of excursions planned, should be good.

Going back to Florence for the first stage of the tour (doing weekend) then to Nice for the last stage(weekend) got her into cycling so much she actually knows what she is talking about.

A week in York for her mum's 80th in September. She and the Irish lot are coming over for it.

Then finishing it off next year with an Irish Christmas with the extended family over there.

You ladies git any plans?

Moving into our new house next weekend so 2024 will be a bit quieter in terms of trips, holidays etc
But managed to sort out a week in Ibiza for the family in July
and I will do my traditional 2 golf weekends one in March one in October

Just back from Gran Caneria. Massively impressed, much more interesting than Landzorrete which is itself pretty cool.

Reason for posting was thinking how benificial warm weather training is, I wonder if Ange is a fan and if the team will jet off to train in the sun? Think it can be a massive lift to players and coaching staff at this time of year.

Just back from Gran Caneria. Massively impressed, much more interesting than Landzorrete which is itself pretty cool.

Reason for posting was thinking how benificial warm weather training is, I wonder if Ange is a fan and if the team will jet off to train in the sun? Think it can be a massive lift to players and coaching staff at this time of year.
They have a gap between the 14th when we play United and the weekend of the 27th/28th for the FA Cup
I would think they might go away, lots of clubs do

Sam Allardyce was looking back to his old teams in an interview recently and he was saying how crucial it was to find a few days somewhere during the season where they could just get away somewhere warm as a team and how even just a couple days in Dubai really benefitted his sides for the second half of the season

Sam Allardyce was looking back to his old teams in an interview recently and he was saying how crucial it was to find a few days somewhere during the season where they could just get away somewhere warm as a team and how even just a couple days in Dubai really benefitted his sides for the second half of the season
On a podcast (maybe Crouch's) a footballer said that Big Sam had them all on the training pitch in Dubai, shooting at the goal facing north or whatever, wearing one colour top, then they all went down the other end of the pitch and changed their tops to a different colour for a few more minutes of training, so their press guys could put out pictures of their hard work over the next few days. Then went on the tinkle solidly with no training.

I did the PCH on a Harley and it was the best ride i have ever had. Do it mate.
Oh mate I'm so jealous.

Tell me more about it, what were your favourite moments.

I got to do it soon. I have had some health issues this year and I think soon I would not be able to do it.

Oh mate I'm so jealous.

Tell me more about it, what were your favourite moments.

I got to do it soon. I have had some health issues this year and I think soon I would not be able to do it.

The whole trip is brilliant so its hard to pick out any that are better then others. The views both ways are to die for but going from north to south means you have the Ocean on your right and get the best view. So many places that will knock your socks off ( they did mine) and the best ride i have ever taken on a Harley ( and i have done many over the years). I have no idea how long you intend to do it for but do not rush it there are plenty of overnight motels/stops and they are( or were when we did it) reasonable prices.

Do it pal, the one real regret in my life is that i had to give up riding my bikes but thankfully i have plenty of memories of great ride outs and the PCH is one of the best. The whole trip ( one way) is over 600 miles ( double that if you do the whole route top to bottom) so give yourself plenty of time to do it and enjoy itl all.

Last edited:
I drove the PCH from San Francisco to San Diego 18 months ago.
There were loads of good/nice/interesting things, but also loads of homeless people on drugs.
Seemed like everywhere we turned there were tens of homeless people camping out on the beach or howling at the moon.

Hoping to be able to go to Thailand again. No trip there in 2023, so hopefully we'll be able to make it in 2024, but atm it doesn't look like we can afford it, as flight tickets are insanely expensive!
As it is, it's well over 6k for us, two adults and two kids, and that's just too much. If the prices don't go down, it'll only be the missus going there to visit her family.

I drove the PCH from San Francisco to San Diego 18 months ago.
There were loads of good/nice/interesting things, but also loads of homeless people on drugs.
Seemed like everywhere we turned there were tens of homeless people camping out on the beach or howling at the moon.
Fentanyl, meth and opioids....America awash with it.

A far cry from the US westcoast, but @Danishfurniturelover if you have some time in Morocco, the Atlantic coastline from Esourai all the way down to Sidi Ifni is an interesting stretch to travel along by car. Stop at places like Taghazout, Agadir. Especially once you get past Agadir it is empty. The scenery is stunning with miles and miles of empty beaches. Awesome for surfing. Anyone can get a surf lesson for not much along this coast line, and they'll teach you on some small waves.

Mirleft was once Spanish I think. Its quite a charming dreamy place with some beautiful beaches. Also warmer down there as you're next to the Sahara and the equator.

Can give some tips for Marekesh too, the old city is a bit of tourist-only area now. Still awesoeme and a totally different type of city experience. It has become quite sophisticated and a European hang out. Sure you'll love it. Was out there for a birthday party last time and quite a few of the Swedish contingent were gay - quite fascinating the gay scene there as its all happening under the radar. Thought it might whet your appetite :)

A far cry from the US westcoast, but @Danishfurniturelover if you have some time in Morocco, the Atlantic coastline from Esourai all the way down to Sidi Ifni is an interesting stretch to travel along by car. Stop at places like Taghazout, Agadir. Especially once you get past Agadir it is empty. The scenery is stunning with miles and miles of empty beaches. Awesome for surfing. Anyone can get a surf lesson for not much along this coast line, and they'll teach you on some small waves.

Mirleft was once Spanish I think. Its quite a charming dreamy place with some beautiful beaches. Also warmer down there as you're next to the Sahara and the equator.

Can give some tips for Marekesh too, the old city is a bit of tourist-only area now. Still awesoeme and a totally different type of city experience. It has become quite sophisticated and a European hang out. Sure you'll love it. Was out there for a birthday party last time and quite a few of the Swedish contingent were gay - quite fascinating the gay scene there as its all happening under the radar. Thought it might whet your appetite :)

Thanks for the tips, I used to kitesurf but have not done it for a few years. I fell in love with North Africa from my time in Tunisia.

Beautiful place, broke my heart when they had a terriost attack because I had done inspections in mist of those hotels.

I loved America ( i lived/worked there for several years) it a amazing country, but you are right its the people who live there that fudges it up.
For me, they've created the greatest country in the world but they do their best to destroy it routinely. Great place to go but I despair at some of the stuff I see coming from there. Loved reading your bit above about the PCH by the way. Bet there are tonnes more great stories from that.

Heading to Boston at the end of the month to see my other half, have to go to Philippines at some point to see her family, will head to southern Spain at the end of April on a annual lads' holiday, will take the kids somewhere in August (Spain/France or Italy). Guess that'll do me for the year.

Thanks for the tips, I used to kitesurf but have not done it for a few years. I fell in love with North Africa from my time in Tunisia.

Beautiful place, broke my heart when they had a terriost attack because I had done inspections in mist of those hotels.

In Markesh old city try the couscous at Naima Couscous. Its tiny, someone's backroom but its delicious. Otherwise in the old part of Marakesh go for places with a nice view over the square - go for the view. A lot of places there are almost European now in style and prices. I'd actually suggest going to the new city - the french built area - and try some of the restaurants there. Better prices and some have belly dancing and entertainment on the weekend.

Also shopping is overpriced in the old part of Marakesh. It is only for tourists. You'll get half the price or less outside of the old city.

Oh and do check out the Yeves St Lauren mesum and gardens.

:)

Back