• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I am aware of that. However, there is no reason to think he wouldn't get that amount if he just stayed in control anyway. Arsenal, like I said, are poised to come back to the front row, due to FFP's impending arrival and the ensuing effects on PL spending. He can make that and more if he gives it a decade at the helm (creaming off the profits) before selling up,all the while lapping up the prestige that comes from being the owner of one of the supposed 'footballing elite' here in the UK.

Americans do not think like that. For them there is no prestige in owning an English football club, that is the mindset of Russians and Arabs. Americans are only interested in what they have always been interested in.........money and profits. Arsenal need big investment to match United and City, investment that Kroenke cannot provide up front. He is not a cash Billionaire in the way of Abramovich, Usmanov and the other Soviet types or Arab ruling elites, he is an asset Billionaire, in that what he owns together with his wife's Walmart wealth makes him worth Billions. He doesn't have immediate access to such sums in the way the others do. Being a cash billionaire and an asset billionaire are completely different.

This deal would give him an immediate £400m profit.

I am aware of that. However, there is no reason to think he wouldn't get that amount if he just stayed in control anyway. Arsenal, like I said, are poised to come back to the front row, due to FFP's impending arrival and the ensuing effects on PL spending. He can make that and more if he gives it a decade at the helm (creaming off the profits) before selling up,all the while lapping up the prestige that comes from being the owner of one of the supposed 'footballing elite' here in the UK.

Arsenal don't payout any money to their shareholders in dividends. So he's not making any year by year profit.
From a investors point of view 400m profit now is worth more than 500m in 10 years time. Especially to an old man.

Arsenal don't payout any money to their shareholders in dividends. So he's not making any year by year profit.
From a investors point of view 400m profit now is worth more than 500m in 10 years time. Especially to an old man.

Kroenke don't seem like someone who's in it to make lots of money, I think he just enjoys being the owner of big sports clubs/franchises.

An Arsenal spokesman has said that Kroenke has no intention of selling and that, besides which, they have received no offers from potential buyers.

Other reasons to doubt this story, from BBC journalist David Ornstein:

Serious Middle East interest never advertise plans. Qatar/UAE buying together v.unlikely. Long-winded anonymous source out of character #afc
@bbcsport_david

Takeover experts spoken to all say valuation of £1.5bn is way over the top for Arsenal, especially if no Champions League #bbcfootball #afc @bbcsport_david

Furthermore, the story seems to have been fairly shoddily researched and written. I'm pretty sure that Arsenal have more or less paid off their stadium debt now. Certainly, the remaining amount is nothing like £250 million.

Best striker in the world Nicklas Bendtner was caught for drink-driving last night in Copenhagen.

He really will never learn

BEcm-01CIAAbJZp.png:large

One thing I've noticed loads recently, they always used to tell us to stop living in the past, now they can't stop bleeting on about it, fudging hilarious!

Had a gooner mate texting me throughout the game telling me how brick Ramsey is. I asked him what was wrong with Arsenal at the moment in his opinion. Wenger definitely wasn't one of the reasons apparently. I asked him who picked Ramsey. Had no reply since. It's pathetic.

Is there a clip of Morgan after the game?

Living here in the USA I had the dubious pleasure with witnessing this asshole on Fox Soccer at half time and full time. he was nearly apoplectic, claiming at one point that 'Arsenal had been superior to Spurs for 50 years' and that now Wenger had ruined that.

He strikes me as the very worst kind of Public school tw@t, who probably started supporting the Goons the last time they won the title.

He made an absolute fool of himself.

Living here in the USA I had the dubious pleasure with witnessing this asshole on Fox Soccer at half time and full time. he was nearly apoplectic, claiming at one point that 'Arsenal had been superior to Spurs for 50 years' and that now Wenger had ruined that.

He strikes me as the very worst kind of Public school tw@t, who probably started supporting the Goons the last time they won the title.

He made an absolute fool of himself.

He was on BBC1 football focus over here giving his "thoughts" and predictions on this weekends games on Saturday. He openly stated if Arsenal win he will not slag off Wenger for a month. He is a ****.

Anyone got the pic of Bale holding two fingers up on one hand and one on the other?

Would like to print a few copies off for work tomorrow :)

I think AVB has out-foxed Wenger and put his season at risk! Every team out there will be trying to do what we did last night by putting the through balls behind the CBs. By dropping deeper or committing more guys in defence, it will change their entire game which has been about throwing as many bodies forwards as possible.

FOX Soccer is run by ex-pat Nick Webster, a huge gooner fan. Even posted pics of his newborn son in an Arse shirt. They have marketing agreements with Liverpool, Arsenal and(I think) Chelsea, so they play up those clubs huge on their broadcasts. Piers macaron is a frequent guest on that show. F'ing hate that smug prick Warren Barton. The American staff are all arselickers doing what their boss tells them.

A lot of international viewers were stuck with the Premier League Productions feed. Studio host John Lemonsucker with Alan Curbishley, Andy Townsend and guest analyst Tony Adams. What a complete brickshow. You'd have thought Arsenal conspired to beat themselves. Very little credit given to Spurs for spotting flaws in Arsenal's game plan and cracking them open.

Instead, we got Adams with his dour, maundering rambles and Townsend looking for every excuse why Arsenal failed rather than trying to celebrate the positives. If those goals had been scored by Arsenal, they've have praising them to the heavens for the skill and speed with which they were excuted. There was no joy of the game in their remarks. It was like they were commenting on a funeral.

What's with Andy Townsend's obsession over Arsenal? He was only a barely average Chelsea and Villa player.

Here's an interesting entry from Stan Kroenke's Wikipedia page:

On August 25, 2010, he became full owner of the (St. Louis) Rams by unanimous consent of the NFL. To gain approval from NFL owners, Kroenke agreed to turn over control of the Denver Nuggets(NBA) and Colorado Avalanche(NHL) to his son, Josh, by the end of 2010, and he must give up his majority stake in both teams by December 2014. The NFL does not allow its owners to hold majority control of major league teams in other NFL markets.[5]

Be interesting to see how Kroenke behaves if London ever gets a NFL franchise. Rumours abound over here about a franchise transfer to Wembley and the NFL continues to ramp up it's activity in London. Obviously, his son Josh gives him an out from the NFL rules. Being a NFL owner, he's got the inside track on any franchise movement and well able to advise about many aspects of life in London.

The apple of his eye nowadays is getting a NFL team in lucrative Los Angeles. There's the glamourous Farmers Field project going downtown next to the Staples Center arena and the LA Live entertaiment district. His team, the St. Louis Rams, used to be the Los Angeles Rams. Lot of nostalgia for moving them back. Get in there and it's a gold mine. There's also a possible second stadium project that would still be very lucrative.

No wonder Arsenal look neglected these days. And if little Josh Kroenke takes over one day, there's little reason to assume he'd be a better owner than his dad. But the Kroenke family look to be in for the long haul.

Last edited:
Back