• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

He says he didn't know YID was an offensive word!

Well, it's all about context then sonny... 'cos regardless of the (ONGOING) arguments about the use of the word YID, when you put 'SCUM' in front of it, MOST words become offensive!!

you SCUM footballer! (see my point... surely 'footballer' isn't an offensive word, so where's the problem?)

Danners - sorry ui missed your reply before . . .

i agree with the first part of what you say - of course as a footballer and someone in the limelight he should have known better than to say something which is so controversial - but with regards to the second part, i think there is only so far you can take the comparison with "N***er" - ultimately the vast majority of the people who use the word Yid are not Jewish (unlike black people and the N word) and the word has now evolved in to a more blanket term for Spurs fans. had he said something which was more insulting towards the Jewish religion then i would agree - i guess it's a fine line

in this case i think it would be wrong to punish him for the use of the word Yid - by all means punish him for saying something abusive (which is something professional footballers should not be doing anyway) but nothing more than that

A lot of Arsenal fans are of the opinion that RVP might be about to do a u-turn and not leave after all, because of a supposed 'change in attitude' in training. fudge I hope this is not true.

If I were Arsenal I'd keep him for his final season, he's worth loads more to them than the fee they'll get plus he'll probably be the difference between CL and no CL.

I predict he'll get injured again and only play 15 games this season. I hope that is at Arsenal.

podolski, cazorla, giroud (and potentially sahin) completely outweigh van persie's exit. they are much stronger than last year. its a good summer for the scum.

podolski, cazorla, giroud (and potentially sahin) completely outweigh van persie's exit. they are much stronger than last year. its a good summer for the scum.

Let's wait until March to make that statement eh? RVP scored nearly half of their goals last year. And the others are either unproven in the Prem or fringe players at their current club.

Same dodgy defence. Two new forwards which are unproven in the EPL and from first look don't appear to fit their system particularly well. Not convinced they'll be better than last year.

Same dodgy defence. Two new forwards which are unproven in the EPL and from first look don't appear to fit their system particularly well. Not convinced they'll be better than last year.

If we don't make any more signings, then they'll finish above us.

King is going to be a big loss for us, even though we have Vertonghen replacing him.

I'm not convinced about Podolski or Giroud, but Cazorla is quality and I still think Van Persie will stay at least until his contract runs out.

As it stands ....

Arsenal haven't lost anyone, they've signed two, soon to be three players. We've lost two(three if you want to count Luka) and signed two.

They've strengthened, we've weakened. Hopefully the next few weeks will improve that.

If we don't make any more signings, then they'll finish above us.

King is going to be a big loss for us, even though we have Vertonghen replacing him.

I'm not convinced about Podolski or Giroud, but Cazorla is quality and I still think Van Persie will stay at least until his contract runs out.

He was a big loss for us in 2011-12. His legs had already gone last season. A pale shadow of the player he had once been.

So he won't be a loss to us this coming season.

As it stands ....

Arsenal haven't lost anyone, they've signed two, soon to be three players. We've lost two(three if you want to count Luka) and signed two.

They've strengthened, we've weakened. Hopefully the next few weeks will improve that.

If you are counting Luka as having left us then you need to count RVP as having left them. We are in a stronger position than them, if anything, because Luka has far longer on his contract than RVP so we have less need to sell.

We've signed two players that improve us and give us more options, a couple of strikers and we have a stronger first team squad than last season.

As it stands ....

Hang on.....

You're counting the players that they're rumoured to be signing but not counting those that we are rumoured to be signing?

And then you're counting the top player who is likely to leave us but not counting the top player who is no less likely to leave them?

He was a big loss for us in 2011-12. His legs had already gone last season. A pale shadow of the player he had once been.

So he won't be a loss to us this coming season.

Second half of the season he deteriorated rapidly, but he was still very good in the first half of the season. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away summed it up, 1-0 up and not in much danger, King hobbles off and we draw 2-2 and could have easily lost.

Ok I should've said the same for RVP, but at least he's said he'd play out the final year of his deal. Don't see anything else wrong with what I've said.

They've lost no one, signed two.
We've lost two, signed two.

Happy. +2 > 0

Second half of the season he deteriorated rapidly, but he was still very good in the first half of the season. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away summed it up, 1-0 up and not in much danger, King hobbles off and we draw 2-2 and could have easily lost.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I don't think we'll be any worse off in defence for the coming season.

Midfield and attack could be problems, though, if DL and AVB can't strengthen those areas sufficiently in the coming four weeks.

Ok I should've said the same for RVP, but at least he's said he'd play out the final year of his deal. Don't see anything else wrong with what I've said.

Happy.

Not happy no.

Surely that's still not exactly a good accounting of it.

If we used up 25 men in our 25 man squad then of course we are going to have to sell as many as we can buy. Whereas if Arsenal aren't using up their 25 man squad then they can afford to bring people in without selling.

Your oversimplifying it far too much..

I think you're overcomplicating it if anything, I was clearly talking about important 1st team players, I can include Charlie, Niko and Pienaar as well if you want? Heck, what about Saha and Nelsen? Either way it would only strengthen my point.

Happy. +2 > 0

The two we have "lost" (I would say, "sold") hardly ever played and weren't wanted or required any more.

In the meanwhile, you could say that we have regained a couple of players (for the time being, at least) in Caulker and Naughton. With a bit of luck, we also have Thudd back after missing the whole of 2011-12. Far more important player to us than Charlie or Crunchy.

Possible, too, that GDS might be "reborn" under a manager who believes in him.

Back