• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I’ll reiterate, I think we will finish above them as I believe we have better players and a better manager. It’s possible we could finish above them with a game or two to spare. That said, I think they will be in the top 4 with us. Still not convinced about United or Chelsea, hence why I’ve got the goons in the top 4 but I’d love to be wrong.

I think it will depend on how seriously they take their EL games. If they fully play a lot of their reserves then they have as good a shout as any. They've made a good start before the 2-games-a-week period that's for sure. Gives them very good breathing space.
I still think their manager is their biggest handicap though

I think it will depend on how seriously they take their EL games. If they fully play a lot of their reserves then they have as good a shout as any. They've made a good start before the 2-games-a-week period that's for sure. Gives them very good breathing space.
I still think their manager is their biggest handicap though

They still have to travel even if they don’t play a full strength team every week. And they have to play Thursday-Sunday which is a disadvantage playing after everyone else on a Saturday. Puts them under pressure if their rivals win. That’s got to be worth at least 6 points a season negative. Not sure about net gain/loss as I think they have slightly improved their team and they have another year’s worth of experience. I could see them finishing anywhere between 3rd-6th if things go good/bad for them.

They still have to travel even if they don’t play a full strength team every week. And they have to play Thursday-Sunday which is a disadvantage playing after everyone else on a Saturday. Puts them under pressure if their rivals win. That’s got to be worth at least 6 points a season negative. Not sure about net gain/loss as I think they have slightly improved their team and they have another year’s worth of experience. I could see them finishing anywhere between 3rd-6th if things go good/bad for them.

Thursday-sunday is more an issue of gap between games, you might be travelling back from games on fri. Giving only sat to prepare. Cl teams can have tue-sat/sun or wed till sun.

Thursday-sunday is more an issue of gap between games, you might be travelling back from games on fri. Giving only sat to prepare. Cl teams can have tue-sat/sun or wed till sun.

Thur-Sun is also Thurs 10pm to Sun 2/4pm, which is less than three full days recovery. In contrast, Sat-Tues is really Sat 5pm to Tues 8pm (similarly for Sun-Wed), more than three days recovery. An extra 10 hours recovery time is significant with the intensity of the modern game.

Thur-Sun is also Thurs 10pm to Sun 2/4pm, which is less than three full days recovery. In contrast, Sat-Tues is really Sat 5pm to Tues 8pm (similarly for Sun-Wed), more than three days recovery. An extra 10 hours recovery time is significant with the intensity of the modern game.
It’s not the recovery time that players say hurts their game… it’s the routine differences
Little things like staying Uber as the games are further away
Late breakfasts, early lunches
As it’s a Sunday game they stay away on the Saturday.. apparently that’s not the norm for a Saturday game

I’ve seen two players talk about it and that was what they identified as the difference

It’s not the recovery time that players say hurts their game… it’s the routine differences
As it’s a Sunday game they stay away on the Saturday.. apparently that’s not the norm for a Saturday game

I’ve seen two players talk about it and that was what they identified as the difference
It's tough at the top.

Plus limited planning and coaching for PL game following travel.

They'll find that out if they get there.
They dedicated their whole life to being a professional footballer, pushing themselves to the limit, the endless hours of training and practicing. They gave up all the normal teenage moments and memories they could see their friends were forging. It was the thing that dominated their whole life from an early age, only to be thwarted at the final hurdle of late breakfasts and early lunches.

I'm basing it on the human physiology.

Back