• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I say this all the time, I really don't think the fixtures matter all that much. We beat United away but also lost at home to Wigan and Fulham. Everyone plays the same teams twice. I remember people saying Arsenal would win the title in 09/10 because they had the easiest run in, but they lost to us, Wigan and Blackburn. It's a cliche but you finish where you deserve to finish.

You do say this all the time. The fixtures do matter. At this stage you know which teams are going to be harder to beat, you know which teams you did well against and which you fudged up against.

You comparatively know how well you need to do to finish where you think you should be finishing.

It's like solving a jigsaw puzzle. As the pieces come together is starts to look like the real thing, and then you know what is required for the other pieces. It's added pressure.

I'm not saying it's right, but at the start of the season you can afford to fudge up and come back because there are another 30 or so games to go, now there aren't.

Granted you finish where you deserve to finish, but there is no arguing about the games we have left. We require x more points than arsenal/Chelsea to finish in the top four. You think the players aren't looking at our fixtures and thinking about that? I's human nature.

You do say this all the time. The fixtures do matter. At this stage you know which teams are going to be harder to beat, you know which teams you did well against and which you fudged up against.

You comparatively know how well you need to do to finish where you think you should be finishing.

It's like solving a jigsaw puzzle. As the pieces come together is starts to look like the real thing, and then you know what is required for the other pieces. It's added pressure.

I'm not saying it's right, but at the start of the season you can afford to fudge up and come back because there are another 30 or so games to go, now there aren't.

Granted you finish where you deserve to finish, but there is no arguing about the games we have left. We require x more points than arsenal/Chelsea to finish in the top four. You think the players aren't looking at our fixtures and thinking about that? I's human nature.

But when does it ever go according to plan? Norwich beat us at the lane last season. No doubt we had that as a banker and they didn't really have anything to play for. They also got a draw at the Emirates a day before we blew it at Villa. Who's to say we won't play crap at home to Southampton and Sunderland and get beat?

But when does it ever go according to plan? Norwich beat us at the lane last season. No doubt we had that as a banker and they didn't really have anything to play for. They also got a draw at the Emirates a day before we blew it at Villa. Who's to say we won't play crap at home to Southampton and Sunderland and get beat?

The majority of the time it goes to plan. That's why we have as many points as we currently do. Picking out the games that haven't happened to go to plan doesn't do it justice.

The majority of the time it goes to plan. That's why we have as many points as we currently do. Picking out the games that haven't happened to go to plan doesn't do it justice.

Ok I'll rephrase it, at THIS stage of the season things don't always go according to plan. Didn't Man United basically throw away the title at home to Everton after leading 3-1 and 4-2 and coughing up an 8 point lead?

True. Looking at Arsenals so called easy run in, comparing to last year they dropped points
v Norwich at home (2-2?) D
QPR away (2-1), L
Man Utd at home, (2-1?) L
Saudi Sportswashing Machine away (0-0) D
Wigan at home. (2-1?) L

Would be incredible if that could happen again

Ok I'll rephrase it, at THIS stage of the season things don't always go according to plan. Didn't Man United basically throw away the title at home to Everton after leading 3-1 and 4-2 and coughing up an 8 point lead?

I've not said things always go to plan, i've said they usually do. Which they do.

Would you back United to win more against the bottom teams than the top teams? I'd assume so. So therefore if they have a run in filled with bottom teams and their opponents have a run in filled with top teams who would you put money on to win the title?

Or are you going to stand on the fence?

I've not said things always go to plan, i've said they usually do. Which they do.

Would you back United to win more against the bottom teams than the top teams? I'd assume so. So therefore if they have a run in filled with bottom teams and their opponents have a run in filled with top teams who would you put money on to win the title?

Or are you going to stand on the fence?

I would back United to beat anybody in the league on current form. I am not on the fence at all, I believe current form of the team, momentum and mentality are a bigger factor than fixtures. If we finish below Arsenal, it's because we haven't deserved to finish above them based on the entire season.

To say Arsenal will finish above us because they have easier fixtures is weak and a cop out in my eyes.

I would back United to beat anybody in the league on current form. I am not on the fence at all, I believe current form of the team, momentum and mentality are a bigger factor than fixtures. If we finish below Arsenal, it's because we haven't deserved to finish above them based on the entire season.

To say Arsenal will finish above us because they have easier fixtures is weak and a cop out in my eyes.

It's not 'because they have easier fixtures' though if you truly think about it.

What that is actually saying is that they have achieved better results from their harder fixtures or they would be far further behind than they are now.

They have the points in the bag after playing the big teams twice.

So you do not think the opponent you play makes much of a difference? Form, momentum and mentality mean more? I tend to disagree. Partly because it has been shown in the past. Form is just good results. It can come to an end anytime, without the slightest of warning. Momentum is pretty much form as a different word.

Mentality is fair enough, it's one of the reasons United are at the top. However a 'winning mentality' can only get you so far, it can't overcome the gaping chasm in ability between the bottom and top teams.

Would you feel better if it was 'Arsenal have played the big teams and come away with a decent number of points' rather than 'Arsenal have the weak sides still to play'?

Because in my mind they pretty much mean the same thing.

It's not 'because they have easier fixtures' though if you truly think about it.

What that is actually saying is that they have achieved better results from their harder fixtures or they would be far further behind than they are now.

They have the points in the bag after playing the big teams twice.

So you do not think the opponent you play makes much of a difference? Form, momentum and mentality mean more? I tend to disagree. Partly because it has been shown in the past. Form is just good results. It can come to an end anytime, without the slightest of warning. Momentum is pretty much form as a different word.

Mentality is fair enough, it's one of the reasons United are at the top. However a 'winning mentality' can only get you so far, it can't overcome the gaping chasm in ability between the bottom and top teams.

Would you feel better if it was 'Arsenal have played the big teams and come away with a decent number of points' rather than 'Arsenal have the weak sides still to play'?

Because in my mind they pretty much mean the same thing.

I'll give you wins over big teams can inspire confidence, but we followed up a win over Arsenal with 3 straight defeats.

I'll give you wins over big teams can inspire confidence, but we followed up a win over Arsenal with 3 straight defeats.
We beat the lot from the wrong end of Seven Sisters Roads and lost to Liverpool and Fulham. I wouldn't have chosen it the other way around. We are still ahead of them though, third in the league in fact, top dog of London and with the chance of winning a trophy at the end of this season. Bloody hell, we couldn't be in a much better position. We have a lot to play for and therefore a lot reasons to look forward to the run-in of the season. So, COYS.

pretty good april fools going on on twitter regarding the goons new shirt, @GoonerBen1886 has actually done a decent job of convincing people its legit

#SinceArsenalLastWonATrophy, 181 people have been killed by flying champagne corks. Something that Arsenal fans don't have to worry about...

BG8m8Q-CcAEAEh9.jpg:large

i dunno about 2006 but i'm pretty sure that in 2002 South Korea were awarded 4th place medals

Losing cup finalists are also awarded medals.

But runners up medals don't count as honours.

If they did, then this comparative list would be redundant anyway, since Arsenal have lost three finals since they last won a trophy.

Don't worry Chich, the POSITIVE vibes from all of us on that subject will magically make Gareth's rubber ankle a 2 game loss only!!!!!!!

Evening Standard claims Arsenal midfielder Andrey Arshavin has lost his appetite for the game and is considering retiring from football at the end of the season at the age of 32.

Back