• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

.......................Fabianski
Jenkinson...Koscielny...Vermaelen...Gibbs
......Coquelin.....Ramsey.....Rosicky
Chamberlain.......Giroud................Gervinho

Apparently the team for tonight.

Nope, more like

........... Fabianski
Jenkinson Koscielny Mertesacker Gibbs
Arteta ......Ramsey .....Rosicky
Walcott ....Giroud ....Cazorla

Wenger risks fans' fury by resting Walcott and Cazorla against Bayern

Wenger is currently getting a lot of flack for it. Resting players to help qualification for next years Champions League rather then actually trying to compete in this years.

A bit of a 'fudge you' to the fans that have made the trip really.

Nope, didn't happen

I think that's more a case of Bayern being limp vaginas, but in truth there's no one player that Arsenal are dependent on. They've scored goals from all over the pitch and their favoring of "passer" good-fundamentals-types rather than more eye-catching individualist players lets them interchange players more smoothly. I'd say the same for United actually despite RVP scoring most of their goals, considering how often their starting line-up changes.

Arsenal were brick too. 21-5 was the shot count in favour of Bayern. Noble failure will not boost their confidence one iota.

So, after all the media hype and negative bafflegab that they were going to field a weakened roster, they end playing most of their best players. And it's certainly hard to say whether Flappyhandski is really a downgrade from The Eyechart. Maybe they caved in to pressure from the public reaction to their stated intent.

i was really wishing for them to go through knowing that they won't have the quality or depth to win it. useful distraction and the emotional rollercoaster would reek more havoc the longer the ride.

i was really wishing for them to go through knowing that they won't have the quality or depth to win it. useful distraction and the emotional rollercoaster would reek more havoc the longer the ride.

Many were saying similar things about Chelsea last season.

They would have got an extra 4 or 5m if they got through.

I think that's more a case of Bayern being limp vaginas, but in truth there's no one player that Arsenal are dependent on. They've scored goals from all over the pitch and their favoring of "passer" good-fundamentals-types rather than more eye-catching individualist players lets them interchange players more smoothly. I'd say the same for United actually despite RVP scoring most of their goals, considering how often their starting line-up changes.

Arsenal were lucky. They got the early goal that they desperately need because Alba slipped. Then they were played off the park for over an hour, hardly had a shot while Bayern had plenty of shots and chances. Yes they restricted Bayern to mainly efforts outside the box, but most days you'd see either Robben or Kroos take one of those outside the box chances that they got. And of course it's always very marginal when you're defending like that.

Of course as the game wears on and Arsenal had no choice, but to pour men forward Bayern would get a bit nervous. But that only happened after Arsenal had been really lucky, and even when they got another goal, this time somewhat flukey from a set piece they weren't able to build on that and put pressure on Bayern.

Very average looking Arsenal side I thought. Gave the ball away incredibly easy most of the game and created fairly little. They defended reasonably well, but they had nothing else for most of the game.

Would have been lucky on par with some of the Chelsea ties last season if Arsenal had gone though after those two games.

They abandoned their high line against Bayern for most of the game. I think they will be positive against the likes of Swansea etc. Here's hoping Michu, Dyer and co will repeat Bale and Lennon's goals.

Back