• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

1 - Theo Walcott's nine Premier League goals this season have won Arsenal a total of just one point (1-1 vs Everton). Immaterial.

Wenger said: 'The referee gave a lot of free-kicks today, and some much less than the Coquelin one. It's frustrating.

'It doesn't mean we should have conceded the goal but, in the big games, these decisions have big implications.'

Admitting he was 'surprised' Atkinson did not send off Szczesny after penalising him for a last-man foul, Wenger added: 'He could have given Ramires a yellow card as well.'

However, Wenger refused to absolve his players from blame for the defeat, the second league game in succession in which they were made to pay for a slow start after last weekend's loss to Emirates Marketing Project.

'We had a similar start to Emirates Marketing Project last week, didn't defend too well and gave them too much incentive,' he said.

'We didn't play well in the first half, but we were much more dangerous in the second half, with a different attitude.

'Unfortunately we didn't make enough of our corners, free-kicks and the chances we created. That's why we lost the game.

'It's very damaging for our position in the league and difficult to swallow.'

Wenger added: 'The table is the table. We have lost two big games in the last week, and that's very damaging for us.

'We cannot afford to drop points any more if we want to be in the top four.'

The Gunners were all over the place at the back in the first half today, although they might easily have snatched a point after Theo Walcott pulled a goal back after the break.

Admitting Arsenal's problems were both physical and psychological, Wenger added: 'The team has fantastic quality and spirit, but we come into the game when we're 2-0 down. At the moment, that's worrying.

'In the big games, once you start 2-0 down it's very difficult.

'I feel we were not well positioned on the pitch. We were stretched, gave them too much room to play and didn't defend tightly enough.

'We were always allowing them to play wherever they wanted.'

7 points ahead now, and I don't expect us to collapse. No RVP either, gonna be tough for Arsenal to best us now. I expect us to be clear favourites to get top 4 now for the first time this season.

EDIT

And yep we now are.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

Every bookie listed has us to finish above Arsenal now.

Long way to go of course, but AVB might well do what Jol and Harry failed to do.

Last edited:
bbaaaeccaajlpfjpglarge.jpg

7 points ahead now, and I don't expect us to collapse. No RVP either, gonna be tough for Arsenal to best us now. I expect us to be clear favourites to get top 4 now for the first time this season.

EDIT

And yep we now are.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

Every bookie listed has us to finish above Arsenal now.

Long way to go of course, but AVB might well do what Jol and Harry failed to do.

Harry managed us to finish forth twice. I can't see us finishing higher than forth again this season which would just equal Harry's achievement.

Harry managed us to finish forth twice. I can't see us finishing higher than forth again this season which would just equal Harry's achievement.

I think it's a huge achievement if AVB can finish fourth this season having lost Ledley, VdV, Luka, pretty much Ekotto, Kaboul, Parker/Sandro.

i think the poster meant finishing above Arse, which jol and redknapp failed to do

I think it's a huge achievement if AVB can finish fourth this season having lost Ledley, VdV, Luka, pretty much Ekotto, Kaboul, Parker/Sandro.

While moving along with the transition towards his favoured playing style. I expect even better results from us next season.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

1 - Theo Walcott's nine Premier League goals this season have won Arsenal a total of just one point (1-1 vs Everton). Immaterial.

there is no doubt Walcott is improving all the time. His finishing is quite decent tbf, and even though he got caught offside a lot yesterday at least he was making those runs and was making himself available for the midfielders.

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe

He scored against us when they won 5-2 and also scored against Saudi Sportswashing Machine when they won a few weeks back. Or maybe it means winning goals or something?

The rest of this transfer window is going to be so important as to whether we can finish above them.

No RVP to bail them out this time, no England job to distract our manager, and crucially, they have to come to WHL in the second half of the season instead of us going to the Emirates.

Indeed, especially when there were some fans who thought after losing those players and changing the manager we woudl be mid-table.

Wasn't quite sure where to post this. Saw this on twitter today. Woeful. Their fans are making a habit of posting brick songs on youtube, this kid has a whole channel of them on youtube.
[video=youtube;DrslYxYyS_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrslYxYyS_A[/video]

Love how he tries to fit in the theme tune from that old kids tv programme Arthur :lol:

This

It's a bit of a stupid stat really, Walcott could get a hatrick in a game but if none of them are the winner or the equaliser in a draw then he gets no credit.

No ... it means if you take away his 9 goals then Arsenal are only a point worse off.

Back