• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Re: OT: Arsenal's André Santos given driving ban after 145mph police chase

Confiscate the car.

For minor speeding offences take away the car for a month. If the person needs the car for work they can still drive so can borrow or hire a car (i.e. doesn't prevent their livelihood). For more severe cases increase the period or make it permanent (e.g. this case). Then auction the car and give the money to charity or road accident scheme.

A year's disgraceful. He had put innocent lives at risk. He should also be punished by the FA for being a brick role model.

What's the point in running in a car you own? They'll just run your number plare

But in a busy area one Maserati tends to look like another and just blend in.

Its not very smart, is it? You have to question the wisdom of the police giving chase at those speeds. They had his number from the speed camera and there are plenty of CCTV camera around. With a car like its should be hard to find.

They should have shot him in the leg just to make sure he didn't escape.

But in a busy area one Maserati tends to look like another and just blend in.

Its not very smart, is it? You have to question the wisdom of the police giving chase at those speeds. They had his number from the speed camera and there are plenty of CCTV camera around. With a car like its should be hard to find.

Maybe he could claim he wasn't driving at the time if they don't get him at the time.

I think police cars should have a "tazer" that fires out from the front grill into the car in front and fries the electronics. That would stop the taco sharpish. Would be good for crowd control too, just zap a few people at once and run them over. Maybe.

12 months is the automatic ban for being caught over 100mph. Where is the extra ban for not stopping when being chased ?

Arsenal's André Santos given driving ban after 145mph police chase

For me as a Norwegian this sounds absolutely ridiculous. Over here he would have been jailed immediately for jeopardizing other people's lives. Probably for a long time as well.

So someone speeding an "endangering lives" would put someone in prison for a long time. Yet someone who slaughters 77 people gets 21 years? It's a good system you have in Norway!

12 months is the automatic ban for being caught over 100mph. Where is the extra ban for not stopping when being chased ?

This.

How he got away without some sort of dangerous driving charge as well is a little mystifying.

How do you do 145 mph in rush hour traffic?

So someone speeding an "endangering lives" would put someone in prison for a long time. Yet someone who slaughters 77 people gets 21 years? It's a good system you have in Norway!

21 years doesn't mean that he will get out in 21 years. It' a life sentence, they will just keep extending it until he dies.

Depends on how you define "long time" - I was thinking a few months time, not 15 years. And not only for excessive speeding (over twice the speed limit), but - according to the article - also not stopping while being chased by the police, and forcing other drivers to brake quickly to avoid collisions. Which can be dangerous in itself when you are driving in 70-80 mph. And if you lose control over your car while driving that fast, you're in big trouble.

We're not talking about a guy going 90 mph in the fast lane here, we're talking someone going in and out of lanes in 135 mph, while being chased by the police, with the music so loud he claims to not hear the sirens - he obviously wasn't paying attention to his mirrors either then. Which means he would've been completely unaware of what was happening on the road around him.

That's reckless driving for me. And while I respect any man's decision to put his own life at risk, that respect does not apply when the same man's behaviour puts other people's lives at risk.

As for the comparison with Breivik...that's a completely different discussion. 21 years sounds absurd, I agree, but in principle it is not an ordinary 21 year jail sentence, but 21 years minimum - after 21 years and every five years thereafter, he will be subject to a panel that will decide if he should spend another five years in prison. It is practically a life sentence, a loop hole for the Norwegian government to install the life sentence without debate. It is a very interesting debate, though. But one for random, I suspect!

This.

How he got away without some sort of dangerous driving charge as well is a little mystifying.

That's the initial point of this thread. Was he let off lightly because he is a professional footballer with expensive lawyers? Would Joe Nobody have gotten a similar sentence?

This is pretty horrible stuff, be warned. A group of Arsenal fans have made a song urging Walcott to sign a new contract. Even available on iTunes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2211582/Theo-Walcott-urged-sign-Arsenal-grime-record.html

Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe, Cringe X alot!

:ross: Arsenal "Fans" Never fail to make me laugh on a boring day.

That doesn't surprise me. Can anyone remember that video on youtube of their fans in a pub with a live band singing a song which he changed to include arsenal lyrics? If anyone can find it please post it as its VERY embarrassing.

Back