• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

there's been a rumour doing the rounds for a while that Wenger had agreed this with the club early last season and that they had done a deal with Moyes to take over at the end of this season

and it would explain a few things, these results tend to happen more when the players think the manager is on his way out

I could not disagree more. All rodgers is doing right now is what the likes of Benitez and Redknapp have done. Basically its another false dawn. Everything has gone right for them this season and they are 3 points ahead of arsenal and a few points off 1st place. There is no chance Liverpool will overtake arsenal in overall stature in the premier league in the next 4 years. And deep down i think we all know that Brendan Rodgers isnt going to be a manager of a top 4 side in 4 years time. In short, i think Rodgers is proving jack.

I keep hearing that wenger isnt tactically good. But again, i beleive that almost everyone that says this is being massively contradictory.

The same pundits and experts that claim wenger is tactically poor have been claiming that tottenham and liverpool will overthrow arsenal for the last decade because the arsenal players are not good enough and need investment. Pretty much every single year if i remember correctly. And even i'll admit, for many of those seasons, even i thought we could do it. But you know what? Its never happend. So if we are to beleive the likes of Redknapp in that the arsenal team is poor, then surely wenger is a ****ing tactical genius for constantly being able to get that dross of players above us and liverpool.

We're going round in circles here Neymar, you seem to argue against what other people are saying rather than what i actually post. Who gives a **** what Redknapp thinks ffs

Even if what he says is true (which i don't think it is) then you have to ask yourself why is Wenger building '**** teams' with a lot more money than others? Which would again bring us back round to thr same point - he has under achieved the past X amount of years - whether that is through wasting money on a poor set of players OR because his tactical ability is not what it's cracked up to be is down to whatever way you want to look at it.

A genuine top manager would have had Arsenal competing these past few years, not treading water

Re Liverpool - you're moving the goal posts once again, who is talking about stature? Rodgers is proving that you can compete with City and Chelsea with less money than them, that is all i have said and it is a stone cold fact for anyone who has paid attention to the league this season.

there's been a rumour doing the rounds for a while that Wenger had agreed this with the club early last season and that they had done a deal with Moyes to take over at the end of this season

well thats not going to happen:lol:..............i think il nip down the bookies and see what price i can get for Frank de Boer and assistant Dennis Bergkamp rolling up at the Effemerates next season. However, imo the perfect man for that job and the Spurs job is Martinez. Will either dare to tempt him from Everton in the summer

We're going round in circles here Neymar, you seem to argue against what other people are saying rather than what i actually post. Who gives a **** what Redknapp thinks ffs

what redknapp was saying was pretty much what 90% of football pundits and fans thought. and have been thinking for many years. but ultimately incorrectly.

Even if what he says is true (which i don't think it is) then you have to ask yourself why is Wenger building '**** teams' with a lot more money than others? Which would again bring us back round to thr same point - he has under achieved the past X amount of years - whether that is through wasting money on a poor set of players OR because his tactical ability is not what it's cracked up to be is down to whatever way you want to look at it.

A genuine top manager would have had Arsenal competing these past few years, not treading water

My point isnt that wenger is or is not a tactical genius, nor is it that arsenal do or not have good players. Wenger has kept Arsenal as the team that is "the best of the rest" for basically 2 decades (hence my point that it is wrong to say that "the rest of the league has caught up"). And that is a massive acheivement. No one else has done that. Leeds couldnt do it. Nor could Liverpool, or Newcaslte (under Robson). And between those three clubs and the countless other contenders, there have been a handfull of managers. None of whom have been able to overthrow wenger long term. In addition wenger has done it whilst balancing the books. He didnt pressurise the owners into spending money that the couldnt afford like many would have done in a fruitless attempt to chase those above them. He is someone who genuinely has the best interests of his club at heart. And won't risk the clubs long term future for his own career's sake.

And i dont beleive any manager could have got arsenal competiting for much more long term. If i ask you to name examples or precedents of such managerial feats, i'm sure you wont be able to name any. Where else have you seen a team competiting long term for a title when there are 3 clubs above them who have an expontentially larger spending capacity? Lets not forget Arsenal have finished above these teams in some years. But the problem for them is, theres 3 of them. And for arsenal to win, they need all 3 to mess up. Its the same reason why Everton will never finish in the top 4 if the situation remains like it is now. They need all of Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham (+perhaps Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Man Utd now too) to mess up. If Everton do not get a large domestic and foreign fan base, they won't be able to usurp those teams above them. And in much the same way, unless Arsenal get an oligarch, they wont be able to do much more than they are currently either.

Well i entirely disagree, for the reasons already stated.

I would certainly expect to see us in a better position than 'best of the rest' had we had the money to spend that Arsenal have had the past 5 years or so.

So if i've got this right,

you think under any other "top" manager Arsenal could've been competiting for titles. despite the fact that there are 3 teams that can obliterate their spending potential. And also depsite the fact that there are no other examples this occuring.

you also dont think keeping Arsenal as the "best of the rest" is much of an acheivment, despite the fact that many others havent been able to do this.

and finally you think that "the rest of the league" has caught arsenal up, just because Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea have billionaires.

well, all i can say is everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

You've totally misrepresented my views there and for that reason i am out.

Enjoy scraping 4th place again mate ;)

its a bit mean to call someone an arsenal fan just because they can appreciate wenger's acheivements no? i wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy.

well thats not going to happen:lol:..............i think il nip down the bookies and see what price i can get for Frank de Boer and assistant Dennis Bergkamp rolling up at the Effemerates next season. However, imo the perfect man for that job and the Spurs job is Martinez. Will either dare to tempt him from Everton in the summer

absolutely, it does make me wonder though, if true did Fergie bring his plans forward to ensure his chosen successor, and is that why he left the squad in that state as he'd planned on 2 more transfer windows before handing over

has wenger ****ed united over by doing nothing?

Wenger making no sense in his latest comments, saying the main reason they lost 6-0 it was because they have played 40 games this season (I bet CFC have played more) and was off the back of 2 fantastic results against Bayern and us, er werent they **** in both games hahahah the bloke is a tool

@101greatgoals: Paul Scholes lays into Arsenal & Jack Wheelchair on Sky Sports after Swansea draw =D>

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/p...-Wheelchair-on-sky-sports-after-swansea-draw/ …

[video=youtube;nlhMHQ8h5LA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlhMHQ8h5LA[/video]

Arsenal have proven over the last few games that they have a soft underbelly. If teams get at them, they'll struggle. I can see Arsenal dropping points against more than just Emirates Marketing Project & Everton before the season is out.

I know my hate blinds me, but the ref calling off the game when a Swansea player is running to a 1:1 with the keeper?

Really, not suspicious in the least?

I know my hate blinds me, but the ref calling off the game when a Swansea player is running to a 1:1 with the keeper?

Really, not suspicious in the least?

Technically, it was probably correct but the referee really should have let the game continue for just a few moments more.

Back