• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

On the discussion around corners, Vic said in an interview after the game that he loves the challenge of having to face the pressure of corners. Definitely no nerves.

Also agreed that goal aside, I thought out defensive set pieces were solid. Udogie cleared away 90% of them.

Ange backs this up in his latest presser also.

Mettle Micky
Season 4 Episode 43

Milo and Ram discuss our win over Nottingham Forest, Micky’s thunderbastard, the mad 15 minutes at the end of the first half, half time subs, and moving into the top 4.

GKnp8MqXsAAVND7.jpeg

Taupe Haze On The Tyne
Season 4 Episode 44

Steff, Milo, and Ricky reflect on getting taupedoed on Tyneside, why the panic is unwarranted, where we are in the football gym process (metaphorically!), and take a look at our final 6 matches. We also rejoice in the fact that surely that ‘shirt’ has seen its last appearance!

GLLxyfuWkAEfYgu.jpeg

Reactions: jrh
Taupe Haze On The Tyne
Season 4 Episode 44

Steff, Milo, and Ricky reflect on getting taupedoed on Tyneside, why the panic is unwarranted, where we are in the football gym process (metaphorically!), and take a look at our final 6 matches. We also rejoice in the fact that surely that ‘shirt’ has seen its last appearance!

View attachment 17013
I’ll be listening later of it stops raining … and I can take the dog out

You’ve got me down from the metaphorical ledge after Saturday guys with your holistic views. Nice one!

I do feel there’s a Palhinha shaped holed in midfield that would make us that much harder to play through in the short / medium term, but let’s see what the summer brings. You can’t say Ange isn’t learning about his squad atm and I’m sure he / the club will act accordingly to strengthen, CL football or not.

Last edited:
Damn you guys...I was still angry from Saturday and looking for radical conclusions. Just listened to your irritatingly measured and considered take on the wider perspective and I now feel less kneejerk and more prepared to be patient and see how things pan out!

That said - I do think in isolation it was still a truly terrible performance; we're still far too easy to play against.

You’ve got me down from the metaphorical ledge after Saturday guys with your holistic views. Nice one!

I do feel there’s a Palhinha shaped holed in midfield that would make us that much harder to play through in the short / medium term, but let’s see what the summer brings. You can’t say Ange isn’t learning about his squad atm and I’m sure he / the club will act accordingly to strengthen, CL football or not.

I agree TBH, it is an area which needs bolstering if only to get the best out of the current incumbent...

Damn you guys...I was still angry from Saturday and looking for radical conclusions. Just listened to your irritatingly measured and considered take on the wider perspective and I now feel less kneejerk and more prepared to be patient and see how things pan out!

That said - I do think in isolation it was still a truly terrible performance; we're still far too easy to play against.
I second all of the above. Thanks for another good show, chaps. I did take the dog out, and I got fudging soaked, but very much enjoyed listening.

How We Watch Football
Series 4 Episode 45

Steff, Milo, and Gareth discuss how we watch football, what we look for in a game, what we want from the experience, how we use data and stats, how changes in football coverage has altered how we watch games, and other angles and ingredients which make up our personal matchday perspectives.

GLudtnFWYAA1AOx.jpeg

Back