• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FM 2012 Thread

Cal_Yido

Matthew Etherington
We all know its our favourite game! This thread for anything to do with the game, such as recommended signings, stories, formations, and also download stuff such as kits, club badges etc.

Going to start tomorrow. Basically waving goodbye to my university degree

I started a career unemployed game and there has been some crazy stuff going on.

So half way though the first season I am offered the Boston job, they're in a relegation scrap just to say in the Blue Square North but I manage to turn it around and we end comfortably in mid table, at one point it looked like we might threaten for a play in the play offs but we faded back down to mid table.

A quick look up at the top flight and Pardew had been sacked half way through the season and replaced by Alan Shearer, Shearer then got Saudi Sportswashing Machine relegated to the Championship (again!).

A summer clear out and loads of new younger lads in on frees and it was time to tackle the BSP again, we won the league at a canter and I am starting to get too big for a little club like Boston so it is time to start looking for a job in the football league. Job applications went in to a number of League 1 and League 2 clubs and despite it looking like I might get the job on a few occasions not one job offer was forthcoming. Then I noticed on the last one that turned me down they said they wanted me but were not prepared to pay the compensation to Boston. So I resigned.

Within a few game days I was unveiled as the new manager of Carlisle United in League 1. A steady League 1 side looking to progress. At this point I noticed Shearer had been sacked half way through the season and Glenn Roeder took over at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they finished in the bottom 3 of the Championship and were relegated to League 1. I couldn't believe I would be managing a side in the same division as Saudi Sportswashing Machine in only the 3rd season on the game.

The board wanted me to get promotion and I built a decent side, some young lads that had been released from old clubs mixed with one or two old timers, Will Keane from Man United, Michael Tongue, James Harper, I had built a solid side and was confident of being in the mix for promotion. 13 games into the season I resigned. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had been taken over and the new owners had sacked Roeder, this was my chance and I didn't want any chance of compensation getting in my way. Saudi Sportswashing Machine was struggling and I don't know how. A front three of Ben Arfa, Ba and Marvaux should walk the Championship let alone League One but moral was at an all time low, Ben Arfa wasn't even getting a game under Roeder, Dan Gosling, Marvaux and Mike Williamson in the reserves too and he was using Demba Ba as a left winger, they were down in about 13th or 14th in League 1.

I was offered the Saudi Sportswashing Machine job and with an obscene (for League 1) budget of ?ú14.5M to blow in the upcoming January window and of course accepted and set about turning things around, it took a while but we soon got back to winning ways. I decided to play with Ba up top on his own with Marveaux and Ben Arfa either side of him, two centre mids and holding midfielder with a flat back 4. It worked well, Ben Arfa scored 20 league goals from left wing and Ba was knocking them in for fun when he managed to get on the pitch (got injured every week), Shola chipped in with 10 goals as a stand in for Ba and a young lad Ralph a regen on loan from Man United also scored 10. I tried to sign a whole host of players in the January window with my ?ú14.5M to spend but no bugger would sign for me, I was getting turned down by other League 1 and even League 2 players so in the end I didn't spend a penny. We finished 5th which meant play offs and ended up playing Derby in the final, managed by none other than the one and old Big Fat taco Allardyce. We scored with a free kick really early on but it was tense after that and Derby equalised, the game went to extra time, Derby missed a penalty and then finally the game went to pens. It was very tense but we won through after a wonder save from Jak Alnwick from one of the Derby pens. Saudi Sportswashing Machine back in the Championship.

This is where the work really started, half my squad refused to sign new deals so walked away for nowt but thankfully Demba Ba, Ben Arfa and Marv both had one more year to go, despite Ben Arfa trying to hand in a transfer request every week he has still managed to play wonderfully well from his right wing slot. I signed something like 23 players, a lot of youth but also a few for the first team, I only spent ?ú8M in total as again I found it hard to attract well known players. My scouting team did a fine job in finding me some brilliant out of contract players, mostly French, I signed 7 young French players on free transfers. Also signed David Pollet for ?ú4M from Sheffield United, he'd scored 35 in League 1 in the previous season and 20 odd the year before that for them in the Championship as they went down. I was happy with the side I had built and sent 12 of my new young lads out on loan to my 3 feeder clubs, Colchester, Crewe and Gateshead.

12 games in and we are flying with 10 wins, currently sat in second place behind a Leeds side with 12 wins out of 12, not long until Saudi Sportswashing Machine are back in the Premier League after a 3 year void.

I started a career unemployed game and there has been some crazy stuff going on.

So half way though the first season I am offered the Boston job, they're in a relegation scrap just to say in the Blue Square North but I manage to turn it around and we end comfortably in mid table, at one point it looked like we might threaten for a play in the play offs but we faded back down to mid table.

A quick look up at the top flight and Pardew had been sacked half way through the season and replaced by Alan Shearer, Shearer then got Saudi Sportswashing Machine relegated to the Championship (again!).

A summer clear out and loads of new younger lads in on frees and it was time to tackle the BSP again, we won the league at a canter and I am starting to get too big for a little club like Boston so it is time to start looking for a job in the football league. Job applications went in to a number of League 1 and League 2 clubs and despite it looking like I might get the job on a few occasions not one job offer was forthcoming. Then I noticed on the last one that turned me down they said they wanted me but were not prepared to pay the compensation to Boston. So I resigned.

Within a few game days I was unveiled as the new manager of Carlisle United in League 1. A steady League 1 side looking to progress. At this point I noticed Shearer had been sacked half way through the season and Glenn Roeder took over at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, they finished in the bottom 3 of the Championship and were relegated to League 1. I couldn't believe I would be managing a side in the same division as Saudi Sportswashing Machine in only the 3rd season on the game.

The board wanted me to get promotion and I built a decent side, some young lads that had been released from old clubs mixed with one or two old timers, Will Keane from Man United, Michael Tongue, James Harper, I had built a solid side and was confident of being in the mix for promotion. 13 games into the season I resigned. Saudi Sportswashing Machine had been taken over and the new owners had sacked Roeder, this was my chance and I didn't want any chance of compensation getting in my way. Saudi Sportswashing Machine was struggling and I don't know how. A front three of Ben Arfa, Ba and Marvaux should walk the Championship let alone League One but moral was at an all time low, Ben Arfa wasn't even getting a game under Roeder, Dan Gosling, Marvaux and Mike Williamson in the reserves too and he was using Demba Ba as a left winger, they were down in about 13th or 14th in League 1.

I was offered the Saudi Sportswashing Machine job and with an obscene (for League 1) budget of ?ú14.5M to blow in the upcoming January window and of course accepted and set about turning things around, it took a while but we soon got back to winning ways. I decided to play with Ba up top on his own with Marveaux and Ben Arfa either side of him, two centre mids and holding midfielder with a flat back 4. It worked well, Ben Arfa scored 20 league goals from left wing and Ba was knocking them in for fun when he managed to get on the pitch (got injured every week), Shola chipped in with 10 goals as a stand in for Ba and a young lad Ralph a regen on loan from Man United also scored 10. I tried to sign a whole host of players in the January window with my ?ú14.5M to spend but no bugger would sign for me, I was getting turned down by other League 1 and even League 2 players so in the end I didn't spend a penny. We finished 5th which meant play offs and ended up playing Derby in the final, managed by none other than the one and old Big Fat taco Allardyce. We scored with a free kick really early on but it was tense after that and Derby equalised, the game went to extra time, Derby missed a penalty and then finally the game went to pens. It was very tense but we won through after a wonder save from Jak Alnwick from one of the Derby pens. Saudi Sportswashing Machine back in the Championship.

This is where the work really started, half my squad refused to sign new deals so walked away for nowt but thankfully Demba Ba, Ben Arfa and Marv both had one more year to go, despite Ben Arfa trying to hand in a transfer request every week he has still managed to play wonderfully well from his right wing slot. I signed something like 23 players, a lot of youth but also a few for the first team, I only spent ?ú8M in total as again I found it hard to attract well known players. My scouting team did a fine job in finding me some brilliant out of contract players, mostly French, I signed 7 young French players on free transfers. Also signed David Pollet for ?ú4M from Sheffield United, he'd scored 35 in League 1 in the previous season and 20 odd the year before that for them in the Championship as they went down. I was happy with the side I had built and sent 12 of my new young lads out on loan to my 3 feeder clubs, Colchester, Crewe and Gateshead.

12 games in and we are flying with 10 wins, currently sat in second place behind a Leeds side with 12 wins out of 12, not long until Saudi Sportswashing Machine are back in the Premier League after a 3 year void.

Oh dear, was writing that before the board went down this afternoon. Didn't expect it to post itself so many times.

im slightly embarrassed to say im in the year 2029 on my save at the moment.

i won't go to in depth but a quick run down :

Carsharlton - 4 seasons, won the Blue Square South, couldn't get the funds required to mount a serious promotion bid once in the Blue Square Prem so resigned
Cheltenham - 8 seasons, won League 2, League 1 and The Championship and spent two season fighting it out in the Premiership before being offered the Spurs job (14th in the league when i took over)
Tottenham - 5 season so far, won the Premiership twice, The FA Cup, League Cup, Uefa Cup and Community Shield - currently neck and neck with the Scum in December

there seems to be a real lack of good quality English players around atm - i only have a couple in my squad ( 6 South Americans in my first team and 3 Frenchies)

think this is is my favorite version of FM/CM

Started unemployed, took over the first team to offer me a job, which was at Boussu in the Belgian Second Division. Coincidentally Assou-Ekotto's brother was one of their best players and Adebayor's brother was in the youth team.

I came in and we were spending 7k a week with a budget of 4k, and we had no transfer money so I had to make do with what was there. I played 4-2-2-2 with 2 wide flair players, usually 2 of Devann Yao, Nicolas Olungu-Lomami or Lorenzo Lai. I played Adebayor up front as he was a beast physically, while Lai scored a lot of goals up front as well. We eventually got promotion against the odds in spite of a bizarre promotion system... playoff spots go to the teams who do the best in the first 10 games, the 12 games after that, or the final 12 games. It only goes down to position if the title winner has won one of the periods. We came 3rd in every period and 3rd overall but only got through because we drew on the last day with the 4th placed team who would have won the period had they beaten us. Then there was a 4 team playoff league which we came top of on goal difference, level with the team from the top flight on 11 points from 6 games. Apparently that wasn't enough so we had to play them again and but we managed to win 3-1.

The whole Belgian top division splits up into playoffs for different positions in the league because they only have 30 teams, we''re punching above our weight on a shoestring and we should be out of the bottom 2 come the end of the year. I made loads of free signings, some of whom hadn't had a club for a year! Zoro who has 22 caps for the Ivory Coast is a beast and I signed 2 German wingers called Reinert and Grote who are also quality.

Not been playing that much, hopefully I'll kick on to a more enjoyable club where I can actually spend some money and compete, hopefully in Germany or France.

Just trying to install this. Put game in and it opens up steam. I enter the activation code and now it says 'copying existing content to steam' and its been sitting on that for ages now, without any of the bar filled up. Usually it installs these quick!

Currently in 2023/24 season. In my 2nd spell at Spurs. Last season I beat the gooners in the League Cup and Champions League finals and won the League. I would have played the gooners in the FA Cup final too, had I not lost in the semis to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. A cup treble beating those ****s would have been lovely.

Wish I could get that game working on my laptop; I have a Pavilion dv6 but when I tried to play the demo it wouldn't play. I didn't think my laptop was that outdated.

Caved in and got the game on Saturday, I always start with Spurs. Had a big clear out, signed Cavani who seems to score for fun. Midweek internationals before start of season leave me with the following injuries...

Modric out for 8 weeks
Bale out for 3 months
VDV out for 4 weeks

Nearly smashed my feckin' laptop!

Last edited:
Caved in and got the game on Saturday, I always start with Spurs. Had a big clear out, signed Cavani who seems to score for fun. Midweek internationals before start of season leave me with the following injuries...

Modric out for 8 weeks
Bale out for 3 months
VDV out for 4 weeks

Nearly smashed by feckin' laptop!

Did you clear out the medical staff?

VdV and Bale are always getting injured in this game. I think I brought VdV in as a sub once and he got injured within 2 minutes of being on.

I didn't, I don't tend to involved in all that backroom stuff until I get used to the game, recommend any good physios etc?

Are your scouts 20/20?

Even with 20/20 scouts they sometimes com back with completely different reports..

This has always confused me. Are those the only two attributes that matter to a scout, or does their "experience" somehow factor into it? Or if they have high ATT or DEF attributes, will they be better suited to scouting attacking or defensive players, respectively?

Back