• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The draws

Not really sure what any of that means but if it means we can finish top 4 despite our financial resources being less than the other 4 or 5 teams in the fight then I agree. Finish ing anywhere in the top 4 would be a major achievement when you compare our squad with any of our rivals. Btw another thing that impresses me with Poch is how he manages our playing resources to minimise muscle injuries. Compare it to Arsenal for example where the only player not to be injured in 2015 is Joel Campbell. City have had big Injuries too as have Liverpool. So Poch manages his playing resources well.

It does :)

On injuries we've had more injury problems this season than most people seem to realize. We've had to do without Mason, Bentaleb, Chadli and Son for extended periods so far. That's 3 regular starters last season and our most expensive signing from the summer. Nowhere near as bad as Arsenal's problems when they have a bad run of injuries, and I agree with you that Pochettino and his fitness coaches/physios/doctors/scientists/gurus/spiritualists seems to be doing a great job.

Pochettino also seems more patient than most when it comes to returning players from injury.

It does :)

On injuries we've had more injury problems this season than most people seem to realize. We've had to do without Mason, Bentaleb, Chadli and Son for extended periods so far. That's 3 regular starters last season and our most expensive signing from the summer. Nowhere near as bad as Arsenal's problems when they have a bad run of injuries, and I agree with you that Pochettino and his fitness coaches/physios/doctors/scientists/gurus/spiritualists seems to be doing a great job.

Pochettino also seems more patient than most when it comes to returning players from injury.
Two of those players , son and mason have already come back and Bentaleb was injured on international when he was being readied for a comeback. It's hard to have any control over injuries that happen in games following bad tackles for example. I was actually meaning muscle injuries such as the one sustained by Alexis at the weekend which could have been avoided by better management of the player (allegedly).

Two of those players , son and mason have already come back and Bentaleb was injured on international when he was being readied for a comeback. It's hard to have any control over injuries that happen in games following bad tackles for example. I was actually meaning muscle injuries such as the one sustained by Alexis at the weekend which could have been avoided by better management of the player (allegedly).

I'm convinced arsenals injury problems come from their fitness training. I dont believe their fit enough for the type of game their trying to play

I'm convinced arsenals injury problems come from their fitness training. I dont believe their fit enough for the type of game their trying to play
a pundit explained the other day why they have problems, but I'm not gonna repeat it here because I don't want Ar.se to change what they're doing... may their fitness woes continue!

Yes - all our injuries now seem to come from international duty or bad tackles. Avoidable muscular etc. injuries seem a thing of the past.

this thread has gone off topic but i'll bring it back by saying the team that wins this league will win a number of games ugly, going to stoke on a west tuesday in february and grinding out a 1-0 win, losing the possession game to say southampton but grabbing a smash and grab victory, we are playing some nice football but we all know that doesn't always equate to victories, the amount of draws we've had sums that up, we need to be less easy on the eye and more ruthless and then a draw becomes a W

Other than the home draws against Stoke and Everton, games we really should have won, the rest are creditable results against te top teams,the form team or tricky away games.

If you had said that we would play the top 5 other teams, be beaten only once and have goal differnce in those games of plus 2 then I don't think to many would have been complaining.

Back