• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Definitive Best Tottenham Eleven

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Enough with the negativity already!

Why not remember and enjoy some of the good moments that the club has brought us.

So who would be your best ever eleven?

In my time watching Spurs (since 1998/9 - not exactly a brilliant pool):

------------Lloris-----------
Walker-Scumbag-King-Assou
-------Carrick--Modric------
Lennon------VDV-------Bale
----------Berbatov---------

That team would be slick as fudge.

Vivian Woodward should be the first name on anyone's all-time greatest Spurs XI - he was the greatest player in the world of his generation and lead Great Britain to two Olympic Games gold medals.

We've had some great goalkeepers over the years but Pat Jennings is the obvious choice.

Mike England and Ledley King in central defence for me.

Tommy Clay at left back with Cyril Knowles on the right.

Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower in central midfield.

I'd opt for the flying Welshman Gareth Bale to partner Woodward the wings.

And upfront Martin Chivers to partner Jimmy Greaves.

Jennings

Clay - England - King - Knowles

Woodward - Mackay - Blanchflower - Bale

Greaves - Chivers

P0226_zps5cc46928.png

Last edited:
Vivian Woodward should be the first name on anyone's all-time greatest Spurs XI - he was the greatest player in the world of his generation and lead Great Britain to two Olympic Games gold medals.

We've had some great goalkeepers over the years but Pat Jennings is the obvious choice.

Mike England and Ledley King in central defence for me.

Tommy Clay at left back with Cyril Knowles on the right.

Dave Mackay and Danny Blanchflower in central midfield.

I'd opt for the flying Welshman Gareth Bale to partner Woodward the wings.

And upfront Martin Chivers to partner Jimmy Greaves.

Jennings

Clay - England - King - Knowles

Woodward - Mackay - Blanchflower - Bale

Greaves - Chivers​

Surely you cannot choose players that you have not seen play !

Surely you cannot choose players that you have not seen play !

Apart from Woodward and Clay, I've seen all the other Spurs players I chose in action.

Besides which, it's supposed to be the Definitive Best Spurs XI, not the best players you've seen.

Since 1988/9:

Lloris

Carr
King
Mabbutt
Ziege

Waddle
Gascoigne
Modric
Bale

Lineker
Klinsmann

Subs: Campbell, Carrick, Ginola, Anderton, VdV, Sheringham, Berbatov

Apart from Woodward and Clay, I've seen all the other Spurs players I chose in action.

Besides which, it's supposed to be the Definitive Best Spurs XI, not the best players you've seen.

If you have not seen them then it goes to reason that you don't know they are the best definitively.

I can definitively say that Hoddle is the best player I have seen at our club.

Yes, he was indeed a great player but I opted for our double-winning captain Danny Blanchflower instead.

You could debate the merits of both players till the cows come home, but overall I feel Blanchflower achieved more with Spurs (and a World Cup Quarter Final with Northern Ireland) than Hoddle did.

Yes, he was indeed a great player but I opted for our double-winning captain Danny Blanchflower instead.

You could debate the merits of both players till the cows come home, but overall I feel Blanchflower achieved more with Spurs (and a World Cup Quarter Final with Northern Ireland) than Hoddle did.

When you think how old Danny was when he had success with us and the fact he had a shot knee he was amazing, we were a much better side with him on the pitch everything seemed to gel, when he was missing even the double side did not perform to the levels achieved with him.

Best I have seen for Spurs

Jennings
Carr
King
Gough
Benny
Sandro
Gazza
Hoddle
Anderton
Bale
Klinsmann

In my time watching Spurs (since 1998/9 - not exactly a brilliant pool):

------------Lloris-----------
Walker-Scumbag-King-Assou
-------Carrick--Modric------
Lennon------VDV-------Bale
----------Berbatov---------

That team would be slick as fudge.

It is sad to think with a little more ambition from Levy and some good fortune on the way this team (Camp-bell aside) could have happened.

Best who I have seen play (since mid/late 1980s) - have a look at this midfield.....would have been awesome! Bench is pretty fiercesome as well!

Am tempted to play Ginola and Ardiles as full backs as would like to get this in as well....

--------------------Lloris--------------------

--Carr-------rSol---------King------Hughton

---------Gazza-----Hoddle-----Modric--------
--Waddle--------------------------------Bale

-------------------Berbatov------------------

subs: Parks, Roberts, Mabbutt, Ginola, Ardiles, Van Der Vaart, Klinsmann

notable mentions to Lineker and Teddy as well

Jennings
Kinnear
England
King
Knowles
Jones
Hoddle
Mackay
Waddle
Greaves
Gilly

And i have been lucky enough to have seen them all play.

Back