• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'deeper one of the double pivot' midfielder thread

Areas where he is involved in play. The colour is stronger the more time spent in a position.

So essentially it's showing exactly the same info as the touch map, just in a different presentation format? For example if he was on the half way line in front of Verts but didn't touch the ball or tackle then that wouldn't register on the map? Likewise if he made a run in to the oppo area but didn't touch the ball, as he would not be classed as involved in the play?

Or have I mis understood you? You say the color is stronger the more time he spends in a position, but he has to be involved in play (touching the ball or tackling) for that to register?

So essentially it's showing exactly the same info as the touch map, just in a different presentation format? For example if he was on the half way line in front of Verts but didn't touch the ball or tackle then that wouldn't register on the map? Likewise if he made a run in to the oppo area but didn't touch the ball, as he would not be classed as involved in the play?

Or have I mis understood you? You say the color is stronger the more time he spends in a position, but he has to be involved in play (touching the ball or tackling) for that to register?

Not really. A heat map shoes where a player is on the pitch throughout a game regardless of whether they have the ball or not. A touch map shows where they touch the ball and shots.

Not really. A heat map shoes where a player is on the pitch throughout a game regardless of whether they have the ball or not. A touch map shows where they touch the ball and shots.

That's what I thought the heat map was as well, but you mentioned the phrase "areas where he is involved in play" but it's actually just any point in time that he is on the pitch then? (Which is what I had always thought these maps showed)

That's what I thought the heat map was as well, but you mentioned the phrase "areas where he is involved in play" but it's actually just any point in time that he is on the pitch then? (Which is what I had always thought these maps showed)

Sorry, that was me being unclear.

Yes. It shows where a player is on the pitch when the ball is in play. The colour is stronger the more time that they spend there.

If one player played in a more advanced position than another, it should be pretty clear on the heatmap.

In the summer the club were linked wit the following:

- Imbula
- Illaramendi
- The Bender Twins
- Kramer
- Schneiderlin
- Wanyama :D (yeah, i know i'm just adding him here for a laugh)

Half a season on, are there any of you sleuths who have been watching these players and can give short summaries on how they've done at their clubs, how they could have done with us and how they compare with Eric Dier so far this season?

I find it very interesting that Imbula is now n the verge of joining Stoke...

In the summer the club were linked wit the following:

- Imbula
- Illaramendi
- The Bender Twins
- Kramer
- Schneiderlin
- Wanyama :D (yeah, i know i'm just adding him here for a laugh)

Half a season on, are there any of you sleuths who have been watching these players and can give short summaries on how they've done at their clubs, how they could have done with us and how they compare with Eric Dier so far this season?

I find it very interesting that Imbula is now n the verge of joining Stoke...

James McCarthy too.

None would have been as good as Dier has been

Scheiderlin would have done okay, but Loony Van Gaal keeps picking Schweinsteiger instead.

Back