• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Just seen Nasser Hussain on my morning walk, I got a big smile and a nod
Normally when I see him he sneers, he must be as excited as me haha

I think Naser Hussain is the best cricket commentator of the lot. He's always so interesting and insightful. It's like he's 3 balls ahead of e eryone else.
He'll spot a field placing anomaly for a particular batter and within minutes it is changed on the pitch.

I think Naser Hussain is the best cricket commentator of the lot. He's always so interesting and insightful. It's like he's 3 balls ahead of e eryone else.
He'll spot a field placing anomaly for a particular batter and within minutes it is changed on the pitch.
Very much agree he is superb
I liked him as a cricketer too

Yeh he is great, him and Athers for me are the best, I love reading Athers articles, he picks up on so many subtle things, brilliant cricket writer.

UP the Eagles

England XI for first Ashes Test v Australia: Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (captain), Jonny Bairstow (wicketkeeper), Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson.

England XI for first Ashes Test v Australia: Ben Duckett, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (captain), Jonny Bairstow (wicketkeeper), Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, Ollie Robinson, James Anderson.

Strong, jury out on Crawley, but its here and I am excited....come on England

Foakes 124 in a successful Surrey run chase today. Always in the runs, hope we don't regret dropping him.

Foakes was out yesterday unnecessarily slogging for a six - couldn’t help himself- Definitely England material.

Anyway, Bairstow is under a lot of pressure to perform- I don’t think it is fair on him nor on Foakes.

Ashes wise I feel that Broad can run though them and that we can get 400 per innings with our batting lineup but still don’t think we will win the series as the Aussies can more than match us.

You really have to just enjoy the quality and competitiveness of the opposition we have this summer- it’s such a big challenge for us to beat them.

Foakes was out yesterday unnecessarily slogging for a six - couldn’t help himself- Definitely England material.

Anyway, Bairstow is under a lot of pressure to perform- I don’t think it is fair on him nor on Foakes.

Ashes wise I feel that Broad can run though them and that we can get 400 per innings with our batting lineup but still don’t think we will win the series as the Aussies can more than match us.

You really have to just enjoy the quality and competitiveness of the opposition we have this summer- it’s such a big challenge for us to beat them.

Yeh it's going to be close

One of the most exciting challenges I can remember for a long time. I'm genuinely excited for it, can't wait

Back