• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

There was more frustration for England on Wednesday with their four-day intra-squad warm-up match still to get under way after two days because of rain.

No play was possible on the scheduled second day in Brisbane, with day one having also been washed out.

England's Ashes squad will be restricted to an optional indoor training session later in the day.

There is a slightly improved forecast for the last two days of their final practice match before the Ashes series.

England have only had 29 overs of match practice on the tour so far with the opening Ashes Test set to begin in Brisbane on 8 December.

There was more frustration for England on Wednesday with their four-day intra-squad warm-up match still to get under way after two days because of rain.

No play was possible on the scheduled second day in Brisbane, with day one having also been washed out.

England's Ashes squad will be restricted to an optional indoor training session later in the day.

There is a slightly improved forecast for the last two days of their final practice match before the Ashes series.

England have only had 29 overs of match practice on the tour so far with the opening Ashes Test set to begin in Brisbane on 8 December.

The ECB will say it's unfortunate due to covid, but they have sold the touring side down the river for years with their policy of not arranging proper time for practice matches. Obsession with "street cricket" works against test teams.

These Ashes are either going to be amazing or terrible lets see.

One positive is Cook signed two years for Essex and I got membership so will be going alot more

These Ashes are either going to be amazing or terrible lets see.

One positive is Cook signed two years for Essex and I got membership so will be going alot more

I was extremely pessimistic a few months ago and we are seriously underprepared but we have Root, Stokes and a decent bowling unit. The Australia team has to be one of the least impressive ones they’ve rolled out for a few years. Get away from the Gabba without a hiding and I think anything could happen. Apparently the wicket at the Gabba is suited to seamers, so over to you Jimmy.

Weather for next week in Brisbane looks very wet. La Nina is causing us to have the wettest spring for decades here. Summer looks like more of the same. Load up on the draw boys $$!

I was extremely pessimistic a few months ago and we are seriously underprepared but we have Root, Stokes and a decent bowling unit. The Australia team has to be one of the least impressive ones they’ve rolled out for a few years. Get away from the Gabba without a hiding and I think anything could happen. Apparently the wicket at the Gabba is suited to seamers, so over to you Jimmy.
I defo feel we can bowl out the Aussies twice a game, as you say the bowling attack is pretty useful
It's whether we can consistently make over 350-400 that is he issue, our batting is so fragile

Australia team for first Test:
David Warner,
Marcus Harris,
Marnus Labuschagne,
Steve Smith,
Travis Head,
Cameron Green,
Alex Carey,
Pat Cummins,
Mitchell Starc,
Nathan Lyon,
Josh Hazlewood.

Read a lot about Green, will be interesting to watch him play

Coverage is awful
We’ve not even got any English commentators it’s the Aussie coverage, could it get any worse

Back