• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

England's Boxing Day Ashes Test against Australia in Melbourne could have 80,000 fans a day as coronavirus restrictions ease in Victoria.

Melbourne has just emerged from its sixth lockdown and with vaccinations rate rising rapidly, Premier of Victoria, Daniel Andrews, hopes to see strong attendances at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the third of the five Ashes Tests.

He said: "I want to see 80,000 plus people at the Boxing Day Test on day one. We are determined to deliver that. It won't be easy. I think selling the tickets will be pretty easy."

Victoria will need to have 90 per cent of people over the age of 12 fully vaccinated before a crowd of that size is allowed and all attendees for the Test would need to be fully vaccinated

Matthew Hayden and Vernon Philander in the back room have made a huge difference already.

And yeah I'd imagine an England Pak final is a possibility now. I'd rather we didn't play as I genuinely love this England team

yeah yeah mate if it's England Pakistan final we know where you loyalties lie! The semi finals will be tough but I feel like our side of the 12 is harder so maybe the winners of our group gets an easier route to the final?

yeah yeah mate if it's England Pakistan final we know where you loyalties lie! The semi finals will be tough but I feel like our side of the 12 is harder so maybe the winners of our group gets an easier route to the final?

Agreed. But I'll struggle to want England to do well in the final. Maybe Adil to get a few wickets and Moeen to make some runs and everyone else to suffer?

Pakistan are on the brink of the semi-finals of the Men's T20 World Cup after a thrilling five-wicket win against Afghanistan in Dubai.

In an enthralling match, Pakistan were cruising in a chase of 148 until captain Babar Azam was bowled by Rashid Khan for 51.

Shoaib Malik was caught behind in the next over but, with 24 needed from the last 12 balls, Asif Ali smashed four sixes in the 19th over to seal success with six balls to spare.

Asif finished with a stunning 25 not out from seven balls, sending a vocal crowd wild in the closing moments.

Afghanistan, who played their part in the thriller, were hauled to 147-6 by a battling unbeaten seventh-wicket stand of 71 between Mohammad Nabi and Gulbadin Naib, who both made 35 not out.

They were 76-6 after a high-octane start where Pakistan's bowlers, and Afghanistan's attacking approach, created an electric atmosphere.

Pakistan, undoubtedly one of the tournament favourites, are top of Group 2 with three wins from three games.

The other teams in the group, including India and New Zealand, have games in hand, but Pakistan play Namibia and Scotland - the two lowest-ranked teams left in the tournament - in their remaining games.

Back