• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Comic Book Thread

Cheers. Love batman but am never sure where to get started!

In September 2011, DC rebooted their whole line of books; so you can jump in very easily there. There are three main Batman titles - Batman, The Dark Knight and Detective Comics.

I would recommend all three and with only 10-11 issues out it's easy to catch up on and see which one you like the best.

As I've yet to start on the reboot, is this one of those 'nobody remembers how it was before' type of reboots?

Pretty much, some of its a bit different, for example they condensed all of Batman's back story into a few year period I believe.

I read the first Batman arc, the owl one, was very good, will grab the paperback when it comes out.

DC are terrible with their paperback releases, still waiting to finish the whole RIP arc.

Always wonder about the reboots as pivotal moments in the history of characters 'changes'. I know why they do it, they need to keep things fresh and different.

Oh - and as surprising as this may sound; Aquaman is my favorite title out of the New 52.

Just got this yesterday;

a4d6549c3889f5.jpg

Marc Bell is a genius, big big hero of mine. :D

Where do you all go for your comics ? Ive been using Comicdomain.co.uk but their selection of recent comics seems to lack, especially the Batman ones. I couldnt find Earth One, Battle for the Cowl or a few others there.

Back