• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

Ivan Toney has scored 4 league goals since he came back fromnhis ban, somehow I expected better. 36 league goals in two and a half season, I am not impressed.
Lol, You picked the day we were linked with him again.. good timing!

Ivan Toney has scored 4 league goals since he came back from his ban, somehow I expected better. 36 league goals in two and a half season, I am not impressed.
It's not just about the simple stats like what you're talking about, the bigger question is if he would be a good fit in our setup. And I have every confidence in our recruitment team to find the best options with the data at their disposal whether that be Toney or someone else.

Kai Havertz wasn't setting the world alight with his stats, but Arteta clearly identified him as a player who would work in his system. Seems to have done the trick....

It's not just about the simple stats like what you're talking about, the bigger question is if he would be a good fit in our setup. And I have every confidence in our recruitment team to find the best options with the data at their disposal whether that be Toney or someone else.

Kai Havertz wasn't setting the world alight with his stats, but Arteta clearly identified him as a player who would work in his system. Seems to have done the trick....
Fair point

When i think about it, Toney would work very well in our system. Offers a big, physical presence to occupy defenders (which would do wonders for the likes of Son and Johnson, knows where the goal is and would likely get on the end of many of those balls we flash across the box.

The main issue i'd have is the fact he seems an utter clam and how that might unravel what team ethic/spirit Ange is trying to build

When i think about it, Toney would work very well in our system. Offers a big, physical presence to occupy defenders (which would do wonders for the likes of Son and Johnson, knows where the goal is and would likely get on the end of many of those balls we flash across the box.

The main issue i'd have is the fact he seems an utter clam and how that might unravel what team ethic/spirit Ange is trying to build
...and he'd be nailed on to score our annual penalty.

Lots of top players have a simailr attitude
The nice guys don’t tend to get or the very top

Fair point....a fine line i guess...
Very
I’ve met a lot of players and most don’t come across as their persona may show ok the pitch or in interviews whilst their playing

Rio Ferdinand was always super nice and friendly and polite too but his brother was a bell end

I do hope we go in for Isak.
Ditto, but I think he may have suitors higher up the food chain than us unfortunately.

Ollie Watkins would be perfect for us IMO, though of course there is no way that Villa will sell him to anyone, let alone us.

I think Solanke has a lot of good attributes to his game. As I've said before I also rate Gyokeres. Toney would do well for us as well I think.

Back