• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

Agree. Actually a decent back up for Kane in my view.

but as we know, it’s impossible to sign a striker.
Him and Kane played together at millwall I’m sure
I rate him
He is effective at all the things we’re crap at… like holding the ball, laying the ball off and occupying CBS

I don't want a backup cf. I want one that plays regularly. That can rotate with kane, moura and son to keep them all fresh. Who if he does come on isn't rusty as fudge and unable to get a shot on target.

I don't want a backup cf. I want one that plays regularly. That can rotate with kane, moura and son to keep them all fresh. Who if he does come on isn't rusty as fudge and unable to get a shot on target.
I agree
I actually believe someone like wood could do that
I wanted Vlahovic about a year ago when it when it was obvious he had the talent
I also wanted Ings
All gettable at the right time
Daka too
There are genuine options out there for us
Weghorst was another and available at sensible money

If we do somehow manage to get a striker in, i'd like scarlett to go on loan this window. Pity our second 11 is so brick. He could have got more game time.

?
I said they want €40m for the Belgian lad

can’t be a tribunal can it if they didn’t develop him?
Ah sorry.... misread on my part.

I read that Blackburn are demanding £30m for Brereton so he's barely cheaper than De Ketelaere and yes it is a tribuneral for any player moving within the same country if they are under 24.

Ah sorry.... misread on my part.

I read that Blackburn are demanding £30m for Brereton so he's barely cheaper than De Ketelaere and yes it is a tribuneral for any player moving within the same country if they are under 24.
I haven’t a clue what they would want but they would be mad to sell in their current position

And no they want €40m for him
Crazy to think we let Leicester get Daka for £20M odd Ununcontested

I don't know much about the player. But heard he can play multiple roles. Lb, am and striker? Compared more to a de bruyne than an out and out goal scorer?

but as we know, it’s impossible to sign a striker.

Yes, because we're Tottenham. Every club in Europe manage to do it fine, but for some reason, we CANNOT have a backup striker. Per my post above (and agree with @Bedfordspurs on Edouard not quite showing much just yet - however he still is an option), strikers are avaialble. We either don't have the nous or knowledge to deliver.

Yes, because we're Tottenham. Every club in Europe manage to do it fine, but for some reason, we CANNOT have a backup striker. Per my post above (and agree with @Bedfordspurs on Edouard not quite showing much just yet - however he still is an option), strikers are avaialble. We either don't have the nous or knowledge to deliver.
Eduard is one I would have liked
He isn’t pulling up trees but he would have been fine to have here and maybe may have been better here (although I’ve been really impressed by palace)
There are players but we just don’t seem to what to get them :mad::mad::mad:

Alarming news on Vlahovic. If he joins them this month then thats our slim CL hopes over and arsenal confirmed in 4th place.

For that reason, along with their great need for a new striker (even more of a need than us) I think they will push the boat out and do it.

And if this happens it will also require inaction from our owner, which is a given. Subsequently I wouldn’t be surprised if both paratici and conte resign before the end of the month.

Alarming news on Vlahovic. If he joins them this month then thats our slim CL hopes over and arsenal confirmed in 4th place.

For that reason, along with their great need for a new striker (even more of a need than us) I think they will push the boat out and do it.

And if this happens it will also require inaction from our owner, which is a given. Subsequently I wouldn’t be surprised if both paratici and conte resign before the end of the month.
You actually seem to want them to go fella
It seems to be a daily theme with your posts
We will know when conte sing happy as he doesnt hold back… he will make it publicly clear

Are we financially knackered? Not getting a sponsor, by demanding a price no-one will pay, has cost us what in lost revenues? £75m? 100m?
Meanwhile sacking 3 managers, and their support teams, has presumably cost over £40m, maybe more. When Liverpool wanted a top defender, they bought one. We desperately need another top striker, and absolutely nothing.
I am struggling to see the benefits of our giant and very wonderful stadium - if we can't compete for top players now, when will we ever be able to compete for them?
OK we are barely half way through the window, but it isn't exactly looking promising.

Are we financially knackered? Not getting a sponsor, by demanding a price no-one will pay, has cost us what in lost revenues? £75m? 100m?
Meanwhile sacking 3 managers, and their support teams, has presumably cost over £40m, maybe more. When Liverpool wanted a top defender, they bought one. We desperately need another top striker, and absolutely nothing.
I am struggling to see the benefits of our giant and very wonderful stadium - if we can't compete for top players now, when will we ever be able to compete for them?
OK we are barely half way through the window, but it isn't exactly looking promising.
It's like covid never happened.

Back