• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 'C' word

superfaisty

Nico Claesen
Not that one you cnuts, I'm talking Confidence. And not the players, I'm talking about me as a life long fan.

I don't know if its just me, but I really do have confidence going into this NLD that we'll do well, and I'm one of those spurs fans who worries about every game especially the so called easy games.

And to be fair last year I was Confident we'd beat them in the NLD because at times we were playing breathtaking attacking football. But fate and lady luck can be cruel mistresses some times and I learned my lesson after that chastening result to not count my lillywhites chickens.

But this is probably the most confident I have ever felt going into a NLD.

A confidence built on seeing my beloved team fighting to the very end of each game. I don't believe in luck most of the time but us football fans are a superstitious lot and in all my years as a rose tinted spur lady luck hasn't always been kind in the big games. What the big teams have done in the past is carried on playing to the very last minute, keep on pushing, keep on attacking and its amazing how much last minute luck you can get. United are or were the best at this, and while were a ways off being as good a team as United are\were in their pomp, I see that same fighting spirit starting to be instilled in the team.

A confidence built on seeing my beloved team looking like a team united, working for each other. I loved how the players and AVB celebrated Bales wonder goal, you could see how much it meant to andre. I don't think we've had that sort of feeling in the team and coaching staff for a long time, but as a fan I'm loving seeing it. And its giving me a lot of Confidence.

A confidence built on knowing we have an incredible irressitable force in the team that can score goals for fun at any moment. Everyone's said everything that can be said about The Man but hell its been a while since we've had someone who could so diretly impact a game in a fraction of a second so consistently. Gazza pre Lazio, Klinsmann when he first, Ginola at times- we have been blessed with some talented players at spurs over the years and this lad, this young lad is writing his way into the spurs history book of legends.

And confidence built on a manager who knows what he's doing. He is not the messiah, he may just be a naughty boy, and he may just be a lucky boy, but Andre has something about him. Ok so he's not as experienced as some, and he will make mistakes. But I have to thank Chelsea for AVB. Without a doubt he's a different man than when he was there, a more mature man, a humbler man, a chastened man. But he is his own man, and the plyers love him and I'm coming to love him. A gooner friend at work thinks in AVB we have a great manager who will take us places if allowed and I can think of no better compliment than that.

So am I alone in feeling more confident about this NLD than those of the past? How has everyone elde felt in the past. Its a cliche to say this is the most important game in the calendar- for me its never been about that.

For me its been about seeing how we measure up agains the top teams in the premier league over the years, and we have definitely been progressing. And if we stick together I'm confident we'll keep on progressing.

COYS

Not that one you cnuts, I'm talking Confidence. And not the players, I'm talking about me as a life long fan.

I don't know if its just me, but I really do have confidence going into this NLD that we'll do well, and I'm one of those spurs fans who worries about every game especially the so called easy games.

And to be fair last year I was Confident we'd beat them in the NLD because at times we were playing breathtaking attacking football. But fate and lady luck can be cruel mistresses some times and I learned my lesson after that chastening result to not count my lillywhites chickens.

But this is probably the most confident I have ever felt going into a NLD.

A confidence built on seeing my beloved team fighting to the very end of each game. I don't believe in luck most of the time but us football fans are a superstitious lot and in all my years as a rose tinted spur lady luck hasn't always been kind in the big games. What the big teams have done in the past is carried on playing to the very last minute, keep on pushing, keep on attacking and its amazing how much last minute luck you can get. United are or were the best at this, and while were a ways off being as good a team as United are\were in their pomp, I see that same fighting spirit starting to be instilled in the team.

A confidence built on seeing my beloved team looking like a team united, working for each other. I loved how the players and AVB celebrated Bales wonder goal, you could see how much it meant to andre. I don't think we've had that sort of feeling in the team and coaching staff for a long time, but as a fan I'm loving seeing it. And its giving me a lot of Confidence.

A confidence built on knowing we have an incredible irressitable force in the team that can score goals for fun at any moment. Everyone's said everything that can be said about The Man but hell its been a while since we've had someone who could so diretly impact a game in a fraction of a second so consistently. Gazza pre Lazio, Klinsmann when he first, Ginola at times- we have been blessed with some talented players at spurs over the years and this lad, this young lad is writing his way into the spurs history book of legends.

And confidence built on a manager who knows what he's doing. He is not the messiah, he may just be a naughty boy, and he may just be a lucky boy, but Andre has something about him. Ok so he's not as experienced as some, and he will make mistakes. But I have to thank Chelsea for AVB. Without a doubt he's a different man than when he was there, a more mature man, a humbler man, a chastened man. But he is his own man, and the plyers love him and I'm coming to love him. A gooner friend at work thinks in AVB we have a great manager who will take us places if allowed and I can think of no better compliment than that.

So am I alone in feeling more confident about this NLD than those of the past? How has everyone elde felt in the past. Its a cliche to say this is the most important game in the calendar- for me its never been about that.

For me its been about seeing how we measure up agains the top teams in the premier league over the years, and we have definitely been progressing. And if we stick together I'm confident we'll keep on progressing.

COYS

=D>
I'm with you.
Long-term I haven't felt better about our direction in a couple of decades at least...

Doomed. 21 - 0 Arsenal, with David Dein scoring fifteen and then bundling Bale into a cab at the end while WHL is demolished to make way for a new mega-statue of Alan Smith.

:)

edit; in all seriousness, fantastic post. But tempting the gods is something best done with extreme caution, after what happened last time.

Last edited:
yeah boi - can't wait for the derby. can't wait for the Scousers + Chelsea away and City at home - got good feelings about our supposed 'hard run in'

yeah boi - can't wait for the derby. can't wait for the Scousers + Chelsea away and City at home - got good feelings about our supposed 'hard run in'

The best thing about it all is that these are sides which won't park the bus...

As long as we are at it, keep our heads and don't become impatient, we have the ingredients to take all 3 points.

But they're not a bad team and their midfield 3 is a match talent-wise for any.

Can't wait... Seeing mates the day before, then back home in good time for this and 3 days off work, so I can have a beer whilst watching too!

Lets hope I'm not drowning any sorrows.

We had our "break out" moment as a top 4 side after a hard run in that no one thought we would get through, mabye this is where we take the next step?

I felt really confident last year and it bit me on the arse. You never know what is going to happen. I hate and love the NLD at the same time.

Doomed. 21 - 0 Arsenal, with David Dein scoring fifteen and then bundling Bale into a cab at the end while WHL is demolished to make way for a new mega-statue of Alan Smith.

:)

edit; in all seriousness, fantastic post. But tempting the gods is something best done with extreme caution, after what happened last time.

See what i mean about superstition :) the footballing gods lol i must admit i had to think twice before i posted this but then i thought you know what i dont think i am tempting fate because im actually feeling really confident about the team and the game. Misguided i may be but i honestly think after the spammers result the players believe in themselves so we should too.

I always like to think that there is a very thin line between confidence and arrogance. But in all my time supporting the lillywhites I dont think we ever had it so good.......one man team......no we have a very good team with a super superstar. I am quietly confident I suppose - I just hope are players are determined more than anything - to keep or run going... a defeat in the nld and a trip to munich to have there champs league exit rubberstamped would do wonders for destroying their season/mentality.

I think the footballing gods owe us after last season.

I've been watching football for about 30 years, in all of that time I've never known Arsenal to have a goalkeeper/defence as poor as they have now.
They are there for the taking by any team that can keep the play in Arsenal's 3rd.

I agree and i think thats also giving me Confidence, but le ARse always lift themselves for the NLD, so we need to as well. Id love for us to start like we did against united furst time round as i think wenger will set them up to defend and hit us on the counter attack.

Most important we need to keep our heads-are you listening bad ade!

Back