• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Budget

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Dear Mr Osborne,

Please ensure that we are ALL aware of where our taxes are spent.

Can we also stop paying for 2 people to do 1 job in the public sector? (If the unions need help, they raise enough cash through their subscriptions.)

And can you please stop taxing people that worked hard at school, and work very hard for every penny they earn?

I don't get pay rises or bonuses, or a pension...the more money I make my company (and the more people that get employed by my company) has a direct impact on my pay.

Why should I be penalised for creating jobs and wealth for others?

Life shouldn't be a charity, unless you're old, homeless, or disabled.

Fondest Regards,
southstand1882

Don't smoke and never have but tell you what if I did I'd quit. I wouldn't pay so much must be pushing ?ú8 after this hike?

I just dont get it. The Government and healthcare Organisations wants smokers to quit but its all fake a fudgein facade. I would liek to know how much the Government makes as a resutl of the fag tax. You really think the Government want smokers to quit? How much would they lose? Ill tell ya what - all smokers quit? and the Government will just raise a pint to ?ú8 to make up for the shortfall.

Don't smoke and never have but tell you what if I did I'd quit. I wouldn't pay so much must be pushing ?ú8 after this hike?

That's just it. Most people don't quit. Either the government tax the fudge out of a smoker, as they are addicts or the smoker turns to black market fags (And I'm an ex smoker)

That's just it. Most people don't quit. Either the government tax the fudge out of a smoker, as they are addicts or the smoker turns to black market fags (And I'm an ex smoker)

The tax on fags is a complete joke. They know nicotine is nearly as addictive as heroin and are making those with addicitions pay for it.

For years the government marketed cigarettes as a 'cool' product and even had doctors advertising them on tv at one time.

Now they have their pool of addicts and are bleeding them dry to pay for other shortfalls in the health service.

What makes me die is that they are happy to allow the sale of fags that contain over 3000 chemicals and is a man made product that obviously does harm to the body yet they wont allow the sale of cannabis that is a natural product that is not addictive and has far less health related deaths.

What it comes down to is money. It's all a scam and a balancing act between profit (sales) and costs (nhs).

Maybe they should look more into waste or a growing population having an effect on the NHS costs while keeping the retirement age at a close proximity to what it has always been while life expectancy had reached an average of 83 and increasing.

I remember when I worked for the NHS and the amount of waste that I had seen made me angry knowing we were all paying for it. They bought a stupid little ticket machine that called your number when your doctor was ready and were charged ?ú500 for it when I found the exact same one on amazon for ?ú140. Then to top it off they paid a handyman (a contractor) ?ú350 to stick four screws to hang it on the wall and to wire it up to the desk. I would have done it for free but no no no there were health and safety issues and procedures. Just think how often things like that happen across the country and that is without even mentioned the translators they get in at ?ú80 an hour for those who can't speak English yet have English speaking family members who just can't be bothered coming in with them.

Until hard measures are put in place this country will forever carry on going down the bricker. The whole system needs a real shakeup and someone with balls to upset a few for the benefits of the country.

Nothing new there then.

So the personal allowance going up to ?ú9150 is bad for the poor?

Interesting.

With National Insurance the top rate of tax is 52%, the highest effective tax rate in the world.

This sends a message to international business that UK Plc is closed for business. Without Foreign Direct Investment we are fudged.

If the Tories tax the rich they get criticised, if they don't they're still the bad guys. They never win!

The tax on fags is a complete joke. They know nicotine is nearly as addictive as heroin and are making those with addicitions pay for it.

For years the government marketed cigarettes as a 'cool' product and even had doctors advertising them on tv at one time.

Now they have their pool of addicts and are bleeding them dry to pay for other shortfalls in the health service.

What makes me die is that they are happy to allow the sale of fags that contain over 3000 chemicals and is a man made product that obviously does harm to the body yet they wont allow the sale of cannabis that is a natural product that is not addictive and has far less health related deaths.

What it comes down to is money. It's all a scam and a balancing act between profit (sales) and costs (nhs).

Maybe they should look more into waste or a growing population having an effect on the NHS costs while keeping the retirement age at a close proximity to what it has always been while life expectancy had reached an average of 83 and increasing.

I remember when I worked for the NHS and the amount of waste that I had seen made me angry knowing we were all paying for it. They bought a stupid little ticket machine that called your number when your doctor was ready and were charged ?ú500 for it when I found the exact same one on amazon for ?ú140. Then to top it off they paid a handyman (a contractor) ?ú350 to stick four screws to hang it on the wall and to wire it up to the desk. I would have done it for free but no no no there were health and safety issues and procedures. Just think how often things like that happen across the country and that is without even mentioned the translators they get in at ?ú80 an hour for those who can't speak English yet have English speaking family members who just can't be bothered coming in with them.

Until hard measures are put in place this country will forever carry on going down the bricker. The whole system needs a real shakeup and someone with balls to upset a few for the benefits of the country.

Smoking is the single biggest kilelr in the UK, smokers use the NHS disproportionately........they should pay through the nose.

I'd ban it completely.....as you say it's as addictive as heroin and thats a class A drug!

In my whole life smoking has been known to be a killer and bad for you, not sure it's credible at all to say the state sponsored the current group of smokers to start smoking!

I just dont get it. The Government and healthcare Organisations wants smokers to quit but its all fake a fudgein facade. I would liek to know how much the Government makes as a resutl of the fag tax. You really think the Government want smokers to quit? How much would they lose? Ill tell ya what - all smokers quit? and the Government will just raise a pint to ?ú8 to make up for the shortfall.

They earn ?ú46 billion from the roads but spend only ?ú20 billion.

They get 50% of all taxes from the wealthiest 10% but they don't spend 50% of government money on the rich....your point is?

As long as people insist on killion themselves and others around them tax the fudgers to high heaven.

So the personal allowance going up to ?ú9150 is bad for the poor?

Interesting.

With National Insurance the top rate of tax is 52%, the highest effective tax rate in the world.

This sends a message to international business that UK Plc is closed for business. Without Foreign Direct Investment we are fudged.

What about those in the UK getting effectively taxed at 62%. Now that's ridiculous.

Back