• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Annual Tottenham Hotspur Striker Search: January 2015 Edition

Someone told me Defoe is heading back in Jan, but im unsure whether he was joking or not

A sub is a boat. Have heard of many subs winning games but never a bus!

Ergo, Benteke trumps Bony.

But both beat the Sh1t out of Ade

i wonder if the signing of Soldado hints that Levy is aware for such a key position he needs to relax his young with potential policy?

What about someone like Jackson Martinez? Seems adequate although im sure his wages we can afford, his price tag? may put us off

We messed up by not making a big move for Remy imo (or Lukaky for that matter).

As for who we can get now? ummm i think Benteke would be good but who else is there out there?

i wonder if the signing of Soldado hints that Levy is aware for such a key position he needs to relax his young with potential policy?

Maybe but wouldn't surprise me if it makes him a bit more wary of paying big sums out for players in their prime. Every deal in football is a gamble though. Even with the top class players like Ronaldo all it takes is an injury to make it a waste of millions

I remember him being absolutely dreadful at the WC (in a superb Colombia side too)

Was he that bad? He wasnt really first pick. I think there are strikers out there.

Id have initially gone for Negredo and thought we could have persuaded Man ****ty but there ya go... too late now.

Was he that bad? He wasnt really first pick. I think there are strikers out there.

Id have initially gone for Negredo and thought we could have persuaded Man ****ty but there ya go... too late now.

Yes - Colombia were so fluid, until he came off the bench and just got in the way and sapped life out of everything.

I'm actually happy with our current trio. I think once we sort quicker transitioning from DM to AM, and better synchronised movement from the front 4, the goals will start flowing.

The 30 goal a season is a bit of an enigma anyway. Getting 15 a piece from your front 4 is more normal now.

maybe we should play 4-6-0 like barca with lamela as messi, and eriksen in a central position supporting him.

I kinda said that the other day, if we don't like our strikers, get them out and do something different like 460 or 442 where the 2 are not strikers, but wide players like Chadli and Lamela.

Shame we missed out on Welbeck, would've been perfect for us I reckon.... Still quite a few posters on here didn't think he was good enough for us. :lol:

By4yvCxIQAASHRf.jpg

Shame we missed out on Welbeck, would've been perfect for us I reckon.... Still quite a few posters on here didn't think he was good enough for us. :lol:

He's not good enough for us.

Soldado and Kane would have easily scored that hattrick last night with the service he got from their midfield.

He's not good enough for us.

Soldado and Kane would have easily scored that hattrick last night with the service he got from their midfield.

I see you didn't include Ade in your statement :)

Lets analyse the goals:

For two of Wellback's goals he made a run towards the area behind the defender that initiated the pass. He wasn't chasing the ball, he was asking for it and got it exactly where he wanted.

For another it was an opportunistic through ball that he busted a gut to get to first, there after he had the defender behind him and between the goal, was cool enough to place it far corner.

Simple and effective - that's the kind of striker we need.

Back