• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Precisely why I like Lewandowski - because his movement is excellent and he is a constant menace. His understanding with Gotze and Kagawa is good.

Gomez is a better 6-yard predator but he gets everything laid on a plate for him by Ribery and Robben! Most strikers would kill for that service.

About Llorente.

He would be extremely difficult for Spurs to get. I would say borderline impossible.

The main reason for this is Athletic Bilbao's 'cantera' policy, which means they can only use players with Basque heritage. This rules out a major portion of players as potential replacements when Athletic lose a player. They practically have to use their sub as their starter if they sell a player, because there isn't anyone out there that they can buy. For this reason, Llorente is virtually priceless to Athletic - they might get ?ú50m for him, but they couldn't use it to bring in like for like replacements.

Secondly, Llorente being one of the world's best 9s is not a new revelation - he has been excellent for a number of seasons. Big, big clubs will have been in for him seasons in a row with massive offers. Athletic don't want to sell; the money is no good to them (unless absolutely extraordinary). Llorente doesn't want to go; he is a hero in Bilbao and happy there. Big wages clearly don't tempt him, and his head has not been turned by offers of big wages in the past.

What about the Dortmund striker who was keeping lewandowski on the bench last year? Assume isn't getting a game now

If we had any chance with Llorente then I would love us to go for him. He will more than likely be the starting CF for Spain in the Euros given Torres' form and Villa's injuries. He will no doubt shine there and further underline his class making it even more unlikely we could sign him. I could be well wrong on that and he might love the idea of joining us but given his Basque heritage and the seeming reluctance of players from that region to leave, it seems unlikely.

So having said all that, gettable forwards for us that potentially will give us more goals without totally blowing all our transfer budget I would say - Huntelaar, proper box goalscorer who has one year left on his contract. If we don't get there then lack of Champions League surely won't make a difference as he is playing in a team that was in the Europa League this season.

Leandro Damaio - Only seen snippets of him but he looks like a classy forward who finishes well from what I have seen. Sandro being in the squad should also help in attracting him for his move into Europe and helping him to settle should he decide to join.

Still leaves us without a big man as such to really hold up the ball but those 2 should help score alot more goals than we have been scoring. I couldn't see those two forwards costing us anymore than ?ú25m-30m combined which in the grand scheme of things shouldnt be breaking our bank with the departures we should see.

yeah they have . the german league defensively is poor but they do play as physical as you can get on the continent. its the closest to the physical requirements of the premiership out of all the major continent leagues

gomez has 25 goals in 30 games....and 3 assist with 93 shots on goal

Lewandowski has 20 goals in 31 games........and 6 assist with 103 shots on goal

Klaas jan Hunteelar has 24 goals in 29 games.........and 6 assists with 85 shots!!!! fudging hell he's having a decent year out there

its tough to use stats but it does seem that klaas is outperforming the other two

going by visuals.....i.e what i have seen..klaas is only as good as his supply. when i last saw gomes for prolonged period was either in the euros or the world cup and he was having a serious stinker..........didnt play well either in the game against madrid but managed to be in the right place at the right time with a ricochet finish. but he didnt actually look special at all

have no idea what Lewandowski is like though , wouldnt mind seeing him but with the way his movemenet on that screen shot shows it does seem like he gets involved in build up play and therefore probably does not go missing for long ? at least one would assume. incidentally ...outside of a brief 10 mins spell...gomez was a spectator for alot of that clash between bayern and madrid. very few touches of the ball and support for his team mates.

He is just pure goalscoring really, nothing more, nothing less. Not a bad thing and generally our supply line isn't an issue. We tend to create quite alot of chances even if we aren't playing too well. I think everything considered with his contract situation and our inability to attract the very elite and/or spend massively, he makes for a very good option.

He is just pure goalscoring really, nothing more, nothing less. Not a bad thing and generally our supply line isn't an issue. We tend to create quite alot of chances even if we aren't playing too well. I think everything considered with his contract situation and our inability to attract the very elite and/or spend massively, he makes for a very good option.

you do make a very valid point

you do make a very valid point

I like to think so, others will disagree Im sure.

I just think with a year left, what would he realistically cost, maybe ?ú12m/?ú13.5m max? Economically and playing wise it addresses most of our issues although we would definitiely need another forward as well.

Completely agree. Have been saying for years that KJH would be a great addition and has scored goals wherever he's been. He's also be available for a relatively sensible price

When is tha last time we truly had that at the club, mate?

And some people like to spin that somehow to be a bad aspect of a striker. Crazy times

Completely agree. Have been saying for years that KJH would be a great addition and has scored goals wherever he's been. He's also be available for a relatively sensible price

he wasnt that great at milan and even though his goal tally at madrid was 'alright' at best...the spread of matches scored and the opposition level showed him to not be that great

When is tha last time we truly had that at the club, mate?

And some people like to spin that somehow to be a bad aspect of a striker. Crazy times

Well, Truly? Probably Lineker if im being honest.

I understand that sometimes you want more in a striker/forward and with how we play it is always nice to have a forward that links up the play more than just a goal getter.

But when you look at the chances we create, we rarely have anyone who is there to just slot home a loose ball that has dropped 8 yards out. Huntelaar would be ideal to play off another forward for sure, certainly one that wants to link up the play a bit more. Not sure where that leaves us with Van der Vaart as such but it would be a nice problme to have I suppose.

So we can draw number of (hypothetical) conslusions from this

Gomez is far more clinical and can feed off far less.

The Pole likes to knock the ball around which has zero relation to his qualities as a striker / goal-scorer

Bayern's midfield were on the back-foot and struggled to keep possession / feed their striker

The Pole came back to help his midfield due to their inability to cope with the pressure

Bayern played a counter-attacking formation

etc.

Well, Truly? Probably Lineker if im being honest.

I understand that sometimes you want more in a striker/forward and with how we play it is always nice to have a forward that links up the play more than just a goal getter.

But when you look at the chances we create, we rarely have anyone who is there to just slot home a loose ball that has dropped 8 yards out. Huntelaar would be ideal to play off another forward for sure, certainly one that wants to link up the play a bit more. Not sure where that leaves us with Van der Vaart as such but it would be a nice problme to have I suppose.

I dunno, I think we would be an interesting option for him. Potentially the greater wages plus the fact he has never tried his hand in England might swing it along with the VdV influence. I guess unless we try we will never know but I think we could still get him even if Schalke are in the Champions League but we aren't.

Back