• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

Statistically Adebayor is excellent.
Practically the guy can do the lot, play support, striker, bring others in, good feet, strength, heading...
The guy was responsible for 40% of our goals last season (goals and assists) and yet all everyone does is moan he isnt clinical enough.

Sorry mate, newsflash, a striker that can do all that AND bury every chance is impossible for us to get. Thin about who might offer that lot - Ronaldo?!

Adebayors lack of clinical finishing was frustrating, I appreciate, but even then just look at the package we are getting.

I do honestly think he is a bit of a streaky/form striker. I genuinely think if we played him down the middle he would get more chances, he would score more and with his confidence up? Well, we have already seen he can hit 30 in a season...

could easily turn this into a harry thread. your reaction to people, not me, claiming that they arent happy with ade is mine with people that wanted harry out. it is illogical......the disappointment is understandable but the over reaction to ade missing chances is unfair cause of everything else he offers. but hey, people ONLY remember what suits their arguments 9 times out ten...and what people remember is not ade's goals and not his goal to games ratio..but more his chances conversions and the missed opportunities, especially in that bad run we had.

you hear people sticking it to saha all the time and he played in that bad run ONLY, not the good times. in the bad run Ade looked like he couldnt cut it and he needed a rest or whatever etc. all about form and / or confidence.

I'm definitely not one of those that is not happy about Adebayor. Amazing deal, should we pull it off. We still need to sing 2 new strikers though I reckon but would have him as our number 1 anyway!

where can we get overall striker statistics?

i'm talking clear cut chances, chances created, goals per game, goals per game started, goals per minute, goal clusters like you get on football 365, overall shots to goals %, overall accuracy ewtc etc etc

there has to be somewhere we can see that for strikers in general that we dont have to pay for

If we get rid of Defoe for around £7million then we should do the following

Adebayor
Falcao - £50million
Kane
Coulbaly

Darren Bent is a better finisher than Ade, Darren Bent would get us more goals but would you take him over Ade? I certainly wouldn't. Wiki numbers don't tell you everything.

whats all this nonsense about him not converting enough of his chances, he still got 17 goals which is an awesome return. Yes he could have got more, but doesn't that mean he is getting into the right positions and getting the chances, just not putting them away! Maybe he will be more clinical than last season. Id rather have someone who is getting the chances that someone who has 1 or 2 a game and gets 9/10 goal a season striker like a Pavlyucenko or someone else. Plus he is chipping in with assists.

where can we get overall striker statistics?

i'm talking clear cut chances, chances created, goals per game, goals per game started, goals per minute, goal clusters like you get on football 365, overall shots to goals %, overall accuracy ewtc etc etc

there has to be somewhere we can see that for strikers in general that we dont have to pay for

I was thinking more just goals and assits than anything that thorough

Striker-stats.png

Striker-stats-23.png

Striker-stats-31.png

The New Striker Thread

Just thought I'd put everything striker related into one thread as we move into the last few weeks of the window rather than everything getting lost in the mammoth transfer rumour thread...

We all know the main targets so put everything in here :)

Tottenham transfer target and Internacional striker Leandro Damiao will not leave the club this summer unless they receive a bid close to the player's £47 million release clause, according to the club's president.

After finding the back of the net six times in Brazil's four matches to date so far at the Olympic Games, the race for his signature has hotted up and with striking options currently at a minimum at White Hart Lane, he has reportedly been targeted by manager Andre Villas-Boas.

However, Internacional president Giovanni Luigi was keen to dampen down any talk of a proposed move involving the talented forward, highlighting the club's financial strength as the reason.

"I think it's very hard for the transfer to happen unless Tottenham pay the €60m (£47m) buyout fee that is included in his contract," Luigi told O Jogo

"Leandro Damiao has four more years on his contract. He is a very well paid player and has nothing to complain about.

"And we don't need to sell. We are a rich club with an enviable structure."

I'm assuming people believe Ade will eventually sign? If not we need two strikers to accompany Defoe (who even Harry no longer believed was up to it). My concern is that without a top class frontline the system AVB wants to see will struggle and contribute to exposing us defensively.

Barcelona will go head-to-head with Tottenham and Emirates Marketing Project to sign Athletic Bilbao forward Fernando Llorente.
Llorente, who has one year left on his existing deal, stunned Athletic Bilbao earlier this week when he revealed that he would not be extending his contract at the Basque club.
Tottenham and Juventus have since registered their interest in Llorente, but with the Spain international available on a free next summer both are reluctant to offer more than £15.8m - £12.6m short of his release clause fee.
However, according to Spanish newspaper El Economista, Barcelona are prepared to wait for Llorente to see out his final year at Athletic and then snap him up on a free transfer next summer.
New coach Tito Vilanova is keen to sign a ‘classic’ centre-forward, and believes Llorente, who has previously expressed his admiration for the Catalan side, will give his team an extra dimension.
Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini is still in the market for a new striker this summer and could consider making an offer for Llorente, who he has monitored for the past year, while new Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is desperate for a new attacker, given that Jermain Defoe is only the recognised forward in his squad.

Ade will only happen if Emirates Marketing Project or he backs down. Too much wonga to leave it floating around, ade wants them to pay, to hurt for ostracising him, i feel. He wont go quietly into the night.

We need him or similar, like kanoute - ideally to partner defoe or be able to hold up top and play alone.

Tottenham looking at other options after Adebayor jeopardises move - Villas-Boas
By George Ankers

The Togolese is demanding all of the agreed £4 million transfer fee to leave Emirates Marketing Project for White Hart Lane leaving the north Londoners to now consider alternatives

Tottenham are considering other options up front after Emmanuel Adebayor 's financial stipulations threatened to derail his move from Emirates Marketing Project, boss Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed.

Goal.com exclusively revealed on Wednesday that the Togolese's desire "to punish" his parent club by demanding all £4 million of the two sides' agreed transfer fee could put an end to his permanent switch to White Hart Lane.

And, speaking to the media after Spurs' return from their tour of USA, Villas-Boas confirmed that his side were "looking at different options" as a result.

"Obviously there was an interest in Adebayor but we have a need first for Jermain [Defoe] to get back from his personal tragedy for the team to have further options in the striker position," said the 34-year-old, referring to the recent death of the forward's cousin.

The Tottenham manager also praised Gareth Bale, who had been at the centre of controversy while Stateside over first his withdrawal from Team GB's Olympic squad and then a row over a tackle by Liverpool's Charlie Adam.

Villas-Boas enthused: "He's an unbelievable talent.

"As a manager you are trying to make sure you get the most of him out of him he's a tremendous physical athlete, of course, but one with fantastic football talent."

The ex-Chelsea boss went on to declare that, once his continuing efforts to bolster the squad are complete, the aim in 2012-13 will be to challenge for trophies - including, potentially, the Premier League.

"We are still building a team. The team can improve and we are looking to improve it," he continued.

"This is obviously not the final product and as we go through August we have to get the right perspective as to where we can improve and where we will arrive.

"The natural progression for our team will be to fight for titles and this is what we want this year.

"Obviously the Premier League is the most difficult one. It's not impossible and it's a challenge we accepted in the beginning [when I was hired] so we will have to see how we can take on that responsibility."

Huntelaar still hasnt signed a new contract at Schalke, less than a year left on his current one.....10 mill and he is ours?

Really don't rate him. Llorente mind you...

Huntelaar is a goalscoring machine like Falcao. They may not offer much else but Falcao worked wonders for AVB at Porto so its possible the poacher type could work for him at Spurs.

why would Llorente leave Bilbao to join Spurs, he'll be looking for a bigger club than us.... Again, its all about being realistic. Someone like Huntelaar is not perfect but that makes him attainable for us and he is better than what we have

Back